Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

The Aestwäld Saga (4)

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3a

Chapter 3b

When Alric and his retinue reached the more forested part of his county, they decided to leave the horses.

So when they finally arrived at the small chandlery, they did that on foot. That was even better, 'cause if they had been mounted, Alric surely would have dropped from his horse.

The road ended next to a few ruins!!! Alric wondered how thye could live so small! When he was back home, he would have to do something about that. But first his wife... And that brought him back to the matters at hand.

21926316502_9ab8083a89_k.jpg

21926315732_3f802f7de3_k.jpg

Cath called out: "Daddy!!! Where are you? Mum!?", While Alric voiced the need for tools to search the rubbish.

21948122541_058c2d9bec_k.jpg

When one of the soldiers arrived, all decided to help with the clearing. They wanted to be gone from this place where one could reek the sadness.

21317219563_d9be501696_k.jpg

Cath cryed again, but now from joy: "There! Taht's him! Quicker, you fools!" Alric was so glad to hear this that he forgot to object that his soldiers weren't fools.

21317219563_d9be501696_k.jpg

The soldiers quickly cleared away the remaining stones, not in the least due to Cath's cries. A man, more death than alive, emerged. Because his belly was pierced by a sord-trust, the Captain called a healer, altough his skilled eye saw that she would always be too late. "And a bit quicker please!" For a few seconds, Alric pitied the poor guy having to run the whole time between their main camp and the venue.

The man spoke, with a voice like coarse wood: "Ah, Cathrina... Can I get a bit of water please? And fetch me your lord..." Altough Cath hated that name, she still had to smile...

When Alric arrived, the man was laid down and a crowd gathered.

21750289760_7aaebe4fd4_k.jpg

"M'lord... They took her east... And down..."

And with a "Take care of my daughter", Alric and his soldiers left the ground, but Cath stayed.

21948121861_95b6e4651c_k.jpg

He died in her arms, and when his last breath passed, she laid down her sword and swore a thousand oaths of revenge.

21912203496_5f368f9cb2_k.jpg

The she stood up called to the gods:

21912201106_3a6694c9f7_k.jpg

"THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!!!!"

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the kind comments on hte previous chapter, hope you're still enjoying it! The ruibns were actually quite challenging, I don't know if I'm totally satisfied with the result

Additional picture, figless

21750283850_ff1272fafa_k.jpg

Another nice addition to the saga! The ruins are nice, as others have said, and I like the tree and the general vegetation. :thumbup:

As always looking forward to following this interesting story further! :classic: