Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

AoM: Store Phase 2: Danyel's Smithy

EDIT: The title should be: AoM: Store Phase 2: Danyel's Smithy.

If a mod could fix that, it'd be great.

An entry into the Castle Goes to Space contest on classic-castle. I chose to redesign the set 5890, Squidman's Pitstop, into a medieval blacksmith shop. I'm really pleased with how this turned out, and it was very fun transforming the space details in the set into medieval features.

Danyel is a capable blacksmith that never lacks for work at his smithy, and his wares are often sold by his wife in the market at Daydelon.

overview.JPG

Space set it's based off of:

set.jpg

side.JPG

smith.JPG

porch.JPG

house.JPG

back.JPG

More pictures here: link.

C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I want more like that! It's just superb, without being to big or using any very rare parts or techniques! Your base is really cool, as is your Window and smithy! The interior is really nice detailed!

Many great details as said by others! I like the fact that IT looks like some tlg could release. Great work.

Nice little build SK. I really like variety of "vehicles" you included to match the original set and that structure is gorgeous as always!

Cute workshop with some great details, I really like the use of the beard pieces as snow :classic:

What was your backdrop and lighting setup when you took these pictures?

Edited by Gideon

Very nice build, I really like the little bits of snow everywhere! I must say that the sign looks a little strange to me, but I suppose it was on the space build! :laugh: The cut-away roof and the interior are great! :thumbup:

The building is well done, without all of the wooden details. Great job not using a square base, one day I'll get to that point.

Great build with lots of fun details! Those snowy pods and that wagon look great. However I'm not a big fan of the beard as snow, it just doesn't quite look natural to me.

Lovely build SK, I have to say I far prefer this to the one you were working off of! :laugh: Great job on the patches of snow, and the house and smithy are excellent as well!

Nice re-design! I miss the days of space-police 3.

Thanks, I never acquired and Space Police 3 sets, but did always think they were cool :classic:

Neat-o!

Thank you, Graham.

I want more like that! It's just superb, without being to big or using any very rare parts or techniques! Your base is really cool, as is your Window and smithy! The interior is really nice detailed!

Thanks! This was one of my funnest builds in a while, small enough to go quickly, but big enough to work plenty of detail in :classic:

Nice! I like that you've used the beard on the post to look like snow- my favourite amongst some cool details!

Thanks LV, I picked up that trick from some of Brother Steven's builds and have found it useful several times.

Many great details as said by others! I like the fact that IT looks like some tlg could release. Great work.

Thanks dG!

Nice little build SK. I really like variety of "vehicles" you included to match the original set and that structure is gorgeous as always!

Thank you, glad you noticed the 'vehicle' matchup :sweet:

Nice build. Many details ! You did a great job.

Thanks!

Cute workshop with some great details, I really like the use of the beard pieces as snow :classic:

What was your backdrop and lighting setup when you took these pictures?

Thanks Gideon! I used a fabric background, and the lighting was just natural light, on an overcast day. I was super pleased with these pictures, hardly even had to do any editing.

Excellent blacksmith shop! The roof is superb and I like the sign :thumbup:

Nice work with little snow bases too :classic:

Thanks LJ!

Nice wooden textures here. And I like the carriage a lot.

Thanks Jacob, I've found that wagon/carriage design to be useful a couple of times :classic:

Very nice build, I really like the little bits of snow everywhere! I must say that the sign looks a little strange to me, but I suppose it was on the space build! :laugh: The cut-away roof and the interior are great! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai, and yeah the sign was kind of tricky to do medieval style.

The building is well done, without all of the wooden details. Great job not using a square base, one day I'll get to that point.

Thank you, Blufiji :sweet:

Great build with lots of fun details! Those snowy pods and that wagon look great. However I'm not a big fan of the beard as snow, it just doesn't quite look natural to me.

Much better than the space set where the inspiration was drawn from!

Thanks! And I hope so, as I had way fewer limitations than the actual set designers :laugh:

Lovely build SK, I have to say I far prefer this to the one you were working off of! :laugh: Great job on the patches of snow, and the house and smithy are excellent as well!

Thank you, Garmadon :classic: