Sign in to follow this  
Rollokster

[MOC] Star Wars Battlefront diorama by Rollokster

Hello LEGO fans! I very like Star Wars Battlefront game and Sullust, that DICE presented to us. So I try to build the scene from the cover of Star Wars Battlefront in a small LEGO diorama. I hope you will enjoy my creation.

Builded of different LEGO sets bricks, BRICKLINK hasn't used.

More photos in video:

https://youtu.be/rZwDWXVqn38

21747159260_5a8656db81_c.jpg

21314104243_087902d426_c.jpg

21747166740_eea9593be7_c.jpg

Edited by Rollokster

The diorama is impressive representation of the video game—especially with the help of photography! The AT-AT is what's most impressive—I am particularly fond of how the face is designed!

Great work!

Fantastic! That front pic is just fabulous and your AT-TE is one of the best renditions I have ever seen, yet keeping the scale quite reasonable. Well done!

Awesome work and the photo looks just like the video game poster. I really like the AT-AT and its in the scale I really want to build mine to.

That is one epic diorama, Rollokster! Its presentation is rather unprecedented and makes sure your creation leaves a lasting impact. Because that AT-AT is just gorgeous, with the perfect combinations of parts to create especially the head and the legs. It's amazing how you seem to find that one combination everyone has somehow missed.

It's a bit of a pity those Technic beams are so prominent on the inside of the legs... maybe you could use some Technic pins and tiles to make them look better, and you could thicken the joint so that the leg is equally thick in all places as it should be. That will give your walker a more solid and finished look. I'm not a big fan of the hollow studs on the feet as well. I know it's hard to replicate a perfectly smooth round surface, especially when you have to make a connection in there, but maybe you could figure a way out to fit a 4x4 dish in there, or tile some of the studs, or place a 4x4 donut plate on there to cover the hollow studs with solid ones, which might give a better effect. Finally, your base is a bit weird. I can come to terms with, and even greatly admire, the underground texture you've created, but it just seems your base is a bit too small. The back foot of the AT-AT hanging over the edge gives an unfinished impression. Also, you have thick black borders at some places, and very thin ones on other places. When it comes to borders, let me give you a tip: less is more. Often, it works good to have a very clean and abstract border (rectangle with possibly rounded edges), or to have no border at all, so your base has jagged edges in a natural way. That way, you could continue some of the rocks that were cut off quite abruptly now to let your diorama come to life more.

But maybe it's better this way... if the scene got even more lifelike, it might just as well run away from my screen, screaming. Because that first shot is really intimidating with your perfect AT-ST. Keep up the amazing building and editing!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Wow,this is great! I love the Details and the ground,the AT AT is great too.:)

Amazing work!

kevFett2011

Edited by KevFett2011