hachiroku

Bricklinking an Imperial Shuttle 10212

I'm really intrigued by the idea of a LBG Imperial Shuttle... Anyone tried this?

Perhaps this would make a nice BL project after I finished the UCS AT-ST and the DS II I'm BL'ing right now...

I don't think it would look that good, but I'm ready to be proved wrong.... that sort of expanse of LBG just seems too much. However, the DS II is a great set to Bricklink (and relatively cheap compared to a lot of others unless the parts are a lot more expensive than a couple of years ago). You'll just need to ensure that you don't ever touch it once it's finished though! :wink:

I am thinking about bricklinking 10212 imperial shuttle but switching the white for light bluish grey. Really for 3 reasons. The bricks are about $100 cheaper, I dont have to worry about yellowing and lastly while watching ROTJ it appears to be grey and not white anyhow.

There only appears to be 2 parts not available in grey, but I can paint those to match.

Any thoughts? Has anyone made a 10212 in different color?

I'm really intrigued by the idea of a LBG Imperial Shuttle... Anyone tried this?

Are you sure ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en8bh60K7m8

From 0:12 to 0:26

It is white for me...

It's definitely white - you can tell because the Emperor's shuttle has a light grey stripe down the nose, and there is definitely quite a bit of contrast between the stripe and the rest of the nose. Having said that, I don't think light grey would look bad at all, since most of the other OT ships were just a plain light grey, it would fit in fine. Besides, $100 is $100.

Finally guys. The white slopes of the death:

3reJJp7.jpg

1,90€ each one and 1,30€ for shipping cost (I ordered some more bricks, but nothing special).

They weren't cheap, but it was the cheapest I found.

1,90€ each one and 1,30€ for shipping cost (I ordered some more bricks, but nothing special).

It will all be worth it in the end! :classic: Bricklink is totally addictive like that; anyone who's used it for a large project can appreciate the pain involved! I'm almost tempted to re-build mine, but I must admit I got rather frustrated when I disassembled it. Perhaps it will be easier next time, but I found the technic pins that re-inforce the wings an absolute nightmare to remove and had to resort to very careful use of my Leatherman, which I didn't enjoy at all :look:

Yup, those six innocent-looking little slopes are flipping expensive. Well done!

It will all be worth it in the end! :classic: Bricklink is totally addictive like that; anyone who's used it for a large project can appreciate the pain involved! I'm almost tempted to re-build mine, but I must admit I got rather frustrated when I disassembled it. Perhaps it will be easier next time, but I found the technic pins that re-inforce the wings an absolute nightmare to remove and had to resort to very careful use of my Leatherman, which I didn't enjoy at all :look:

That's why I'm bricklinking all of it. I won't disassemble the shuttle.

But I'm getting tempted to use the bricks I have now to some mocs :laugh:

Do you plan to MOD yours 10212? I have changed sides from 6183 to 6005.

I thougt about that change, but I won't do it. I want the "official" version right now.

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever Bricklinked the pieces to make their own copy of the UCS Imperial Shuttle that was released some years ago, and how much it cost them.

I'm thinking of doing this sometime in the future, but I'm not sure how plausible it would be to do so successfully, so if anyone has done this before, I'd like to know the details!

I remember thinking of getting the set back in the day, and now I regret not doing so... those after market prices... at least it'll teach me a lesson for current and future UCS sets that I want, but still.

Edited by General Magma

I have looked into it but decided against it for a couple reasons:

1. Used prices on eBay are near the same level as if you brinklinked it from scratch. I would rather just buy it used then go through the trouble of sourcing all of the parts.

2. The white pieces are a concern for me. Buying used or even new white pieces from different lots throughout years of production runs puts you in the risk of different shades of white. Used pieces tend to yellow over time and new pieces can slightly vary in shade. There are also some white pieces that are hard to source because of the quantity needed.

So instead of brink linking, I just check eBay daily for any good deals that come up. One day I hope to snag one ;)

Hi General Magma

As there's already a similar thread about this, I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic: In reply to your query, it's a great set and well worth obtaining if you can either Bricklink it or buy one complete for a reasonable price. However, I'd be concerned that if you end up sourcing the white parts from a range of sets (and suppliers) it may look a little odd! I bought mine new when it was first available and it's definitely more a light-cream rather than white, but at least it's consistent! :laugh:

If you read in that forum, you will see a user comment saying he will be replacing the white bricks for light grey. That is a great idea. Firstly the bricks will be much cheaper! Secondly you won't have to worry as much with yellowing. If I am correct, I am pretty sure the shuttle is grey in the movies, however I may be wrong. Good luck with your build!

You can find also some finished black versions of the UCS-Shuttle. They are around 300$. I think white and black are the best colours. The main problem of the shuttle with it's glare are scratches, that's why i didn't bricklinked it so far.

I have looked into it but decided against it for a couple reasons:

1. Used prices on eBay are near the same level as if you brinklinked it from scratch. I would rather just buy it used then go through the trouble of sourcing all of the parts.

2. The white pieces are a concern for me. Buying used or even new white pieces from different lots throughout years of production runs puts you in the risk of different shades of white. Used pieces tend to yellow over time and new pieces can slightly vary in shade. There are also some white pieces that are hard to source because of the quantity needed.

So instead of brink linking, I just check eBay daily for any good deals that come up. One day I hope to snag one ;)

I did some research on how much it would cost to bricklink and came to these same conclusions. it's also worth noting that an original set is worth more than one that's pieced together through bricklink.

If you read in that forum, you will see a user comment saying he will be replacing the white bricks for light grey. That is a great idea. Firstly the bricks will be much cheaper! Secondly you won't have to worry as much with yellowing. If I am correct, I am pretty sure the shuttle is grey in the movies, however I may be wrong. Good luck with your build!

The shuttle is definitely white in the movie. Not grey. There's no mistaking it.

Edited by jdm44

Does anyone have a picture of the Shuttle in grey? Even though it's white, I'm still interested in seeing that.

I did some research on how much it would cost to bricklink and came to these same conclusions. it's also worth noting that an original set is worth more than one that's pieced together through bricklink.

The shuttle is definitely white in the movie. Not grey. There's no mistaking it.

Ahhh yes I have looked into it, it seems you are correct. As for a grey shuttle I have found one: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=195618

I feel like it's nice to have a stand out white UCS ship among the sea of grey Star Wars models. If I ever secure the shuttle, I definitely want the the stock white color ;)

If anyone wants to bricklink this model I would recommend to look up Bricks & Pieces.

The bricks there are directly from Lego so the whites are factory new.

Thanks to the System scale Imperial Shuttle of 2015 some rare parts are available like the double convex 2x2x3 bricks in white for 50 cent each and 1x6x5 slopes for 80 cents. Of course you till have to pricematch regular pieces with Bricklink sellers.

Thanks to the System scale set

Speaking of which has anyone looked into how many pieces in common Tydirium and the UCS shuttle have? I have bought two on sale and I was thinking of combining them to make a minifigure scale Imperial Shuttle.

Edited by firstofminifigs

Has anyone done this before ?

I have always wanted to own this set but I honestly not a fan of the white.. i think its too bland..

and to be honest i dont believe the actual ship is pure white anyway... more of a very light grey... thoughts??

176561.jpg

I actually have wanted to do this for awhile too. I made the want list for it in bricklink and all of the parts are available except for the cone looking things by the engines, but i'll just do the engine mod anyways. If anyone else has done it i haven't been able to find a picture. I am also not a fan of how the white yellows over time.

Hi itsnickg, and welcome to Eurobricks!

If I recall correctly, there's a thread about Bricklinking a 10212 somewhere and it included a discussion about whether it was feasible to Bricklink it in Light Bluish Grey. I'll have a look for it in a bit and merge it with this thread. Personally I really like the original UCS set, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone :classic:. If you're looking for a parts list, there's one on Bricklink (here) which you can import into a 'Wanted List' and then update the colours to LBG; that should give you a useful starting point to work from.