Sign in to follow this  
AlmightyArjen

13 Lego trains crashing into each other at once!

Hey all,

It was time again for a big train crash! This time 13 trains (why? because "13") that crash into a big station all at once. Rebuilding of the station wasn't necessary: I've used it over a year now and it's time for something else. (I don't know what yet).

I had to use all of my straight sections of rails (a little over 400). The rails were all interconnected at the station and as power source I've used a modified ATX computer power supply. Mainly because I don't have enough regulators to power all the tracks seperately and the trains run a bit faster at 12V. A train motor can handle that: it's only for a few seconds :)

This is also the first crash video with a "story".

Enjoy!

Oh the humanity. Those poor cows.

It might be easier to do with PF trains as they all have self-contained power supplies. Set them to the same channel and let them go. :classic:

Oh wow, maybe your biggest disaster yet. Back in the 1970's there was a sequence of "Airport" movies... so I guess this would be "Station 15". So how did you get the HE to jump up on top of the pile like that?

Who, me? LOL. but The damage doesn't look that extreme.

Oh wow, maybe your biggest disaster yet. Back in the 1970's there was a sequence of "Airport" movies... so I guess this would be "Station 15". So how did you get the HE to jump up on top of the pile like that?

I made the HE arrive a bit later. Since this train is very heavy, it has a lot of momentum. Next to that it has two motors so the motor at the back kept pushing while the front went up :)

I think given that the bottom half of HE nose has an inverse slope may also help with the up up and away. Or to inifinity and beyond. :classic:

The story set up was great. The crash was one of those things so horrifying that I couldn't look away...

Question? We're there any scratched pieces of figs after this, or did the ABS hold out well?

Nice wreck, I've gotta know though, there was a crash test dummy (I think it was a crash dummy anyway) in the center of the rails before the crash, and it appears that he may have survived under a train that went over him. can you confirm the fate of this misfortunate fig?

Nice video Arjen :) We still need to drink coffee some day haha :) programmers and their time management, you see what happens ;)

The story set up was great. The crash was one of those things so horrifying that I couldn't look away...

Question? We're there any scratched pieces of figs after this, or did the ABS hold out well?

Nothing visible. Maybe some minor scratches!

Nice wreck, I've gotta know though, there was a crash test dummy (I think it was a crash dummy anyway) in the center of the rails before the crash, and it appears that he may have survived under a train that went over him. can you confirm the fate of this misfortunate fig?

Yes, there was the crash test dummy minifig in the center of the rails, nice spotting! Unfortunately I couldn't find a right angle to make a shot with him. He's doing fine, he likes his job so he'll be there next time ;)

Nice video Arjen :) We still need to drink coffee some day haha :) programmers and their time management, you see what happens ;)

Last time you were busy, I'll be busy upcoming months with the new house so it's going to be 2016 I'm afraid. But we'll find some time some day :D

This was great! Love all the additional angles. What made this even more awesome is that I live really close to busy CSX line and just before the first crash, I did hear 2 horns. Surprised there wasnt more car-nage at the station.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who "crashes" things.