Kai NRG

SHIP - GSM (Galactic Strip Mall) Enterprise

21860278611_315d4f46e8.jpg

21671199010_6c01b04228.jpg

Shots of each little store follow, though I hope to get individual pictures of each one later on, since I put a lot of work into making them all attach and detach easily!

Coffee shop! You can't see it in this shot, but the worker is cleaning up a cream spill. Color-scheme wise this might well be my favorite of the shops.

21227933664_9c5ea1625f.jpg

Chinese take-out!

21229642623_ffca22a112.jpg

Burger lovers coagulate around this restaurant! Also the most delicate as the floor is composed of 3x2s attached only by a layer of 2x1 tiles on top. That is something I'm going to have to fix!

21663849689_9514f0ac6c.jpg

J's Pizza - fresh made on the spot!

21850743195_08e8c33497.jpg

If you want to be healthy for the rest of your life... don't come here!

21227991824_315cd63967.jpg

Chicken?

21838866832_7d537f75ab.jpg

Random Facts:

Weight = 10 pounds. To me, that's a heavy LEGO build!

Time = ~15 days, but I did most of the work in the last 3. :tongue: Before then I just had the SHIP without restaurants, without greeble, and without the panels, without the front, and without the back.

What I would have added if SHIPtember had 31 days. Or 32. I would have liked to switch out the admittedly slightly dorky looking front for a more semi-truck like front. I also wanted to build a couple of little ships to fly by. But instead, time flew by...

This is just my second SHIP (and much bigger and sturdier than the other one!) so comments and criticisms are more than welcome! Thanks for looking!

Somehow I think this moc would fit perfect in the movie 5th Element. :wink:

Nicely done! I have to agree with this, definitely 5th Element style! I like the variety of food stands you included. :sweet:

Nicely done. I like how you made each food stall unique. Does a stall eject into space if there is a fire (or failed to pay the rent)?

(or failed to pay the rent)?

:laugh:

I love this idea. I can picture an entire station made of things like this.. common areas, residential blocks, whatever.. reconfiguring itself whenever.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the comments! :sweet:

Somehow I think this moc would fit perfect in the movie 5th Element. :wink:

Unfortunately I have no idea what you're talking about :laugh: ... but you're probably right!

Nicely done. I like how you made each food stall unique. Does a stall eject into space if there is a fire (or failed to pay the rent)?

Thanks! The food stalls were the most enjoyable part of the build! :sweet:

...I love this idea. I can picture an entire station made of things like this.. common areas, residential blocks, whatever.. reconfiguring itself whenever.

Thank you! Ooh, that sounds like a great idea! :thumbup:

This is puts a whole new spin on our modular builds!

Thanks!

wow I looooove this SHIP! First the idea is brilliant, and it's also very well built. I love how all the shops manage to have a consistency yet have each their own personality and feel.

I agree with you; my favourite is probably the coffee shop too. All the 3D signboards/ logos (J's, Ice and Chicken shop) are great too - my favourite being the Ice one.

And wow again: building THIS in 15 days?!??! I'd have done a shop and a half in that time! :laugh:

Great job Kai

Lovely. Reminds me of something from the movie 5th element. This beautiful build makes me want to watch that movie straight away !

wow I looooove this SHIP! First the idea is brilliant, and it's also very well built. I love how all the shops manage to have a consistency yet have each their own personality and feel.

I agree with you; my favourite is probably the coffee shop too. All the 3D signboards/ logos (J's, Ice and Chicken shop) are great too - my favourite being the Ice one.

And wow again: building THIS in 15 days?!??! I'd have done a shop and a half in that time! :laugh:

Great job Kai

Thanks a lot! :blush:

Lovely. Reminds me of something from the movie 5th element. This beautiful build makes me want to watch that movie straight away !

Thanks KlodsBrik!