Robert8

Disney CMF - Wishlists

Does Disney actually own the rights to Oswald? I know that the rights to the Oswald cartoons were owned back then by Universal (who just contracted Disney to produce the animations) and that Disney created Mickey Mouse because he wanted a character he actually had full control over. Or did Disney somehow re-acquire the rights to Oswald from Universal at some point?

My wish list for Disney future series:

Moana (they did Anna and Elsa and Jasmine and others in minifig form in CMFs even though they had only previously been seen in minidoll form so I don't see why Moana couldn't work the same way)

Snow White (again a character that could be translated from minidoll to minifig and work)

Tarzan (from the 90s animated film)

Ralph (from Wreck-it Ralph)

Felix (also from Wreck-it Ralph)

Pete

Some (or all) of the emotions from Inside Out.

Maybe (assuming they are in scope) some more characters from TRON.

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

Does Disney actually own the rights to Oswald? I know that the rights to the Oswald cartoons were owned back then by Universal (who just contracted Disney to produce the animations) and that Disney created Mickey Mouse because he wanted a character he actually had full control over. Or did Disney somehow re-acquire the rights to Oswald from Universal at some point?

Yep, around ten years ago, Disney traded ESPN sportscaster Al Michaels to Universal for the rights of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. They’ve since used him in the short-lived (and in my opinion, disappointingly overlooked) Epic Mickey video game series, a few minimal appearances in Mickey shorts and a walk-around character at Disneyland. There have been rumors circulating that Disney is or was developing an Oswald series for Disney+ but we haven’t heard anything about that in a while.

Still, I’d love it if we got Oswald and EPCOT’s Figment as minifigures one day. They’re two very underutilized characters.

I would be surprised if we didn't see Oswald in the next wave. Same with Pete who really needs a minifigure by now.

I'm really hoping we get more representation for the classic princesses. We have Ariel and Jasmine, but we still need Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle. And if we could get princes for all these princesses, that would be great as well. The Seven Dwarfs are also absolutely necessary but based on the amount of slots they would take up, it would be easier if they were all present in a set (like the Lego Ideas Seven Dwarfs cottage set).

Some 90s characters like Tarzan, Quasimodo, Esmeralda, and Pocahontas would be great as well. Not to mention Beauty and the Beast which shockingly hasn't had a single minifigure represented yet.

Disney CMF Series 3 13 figures

1) Kingdom Hearts Mickey Variant - new sword weapon mould, his dark red and baggy pocketed design

2) Minnie Mouse Kingdom Hearts - using the S16 Queens dress piece in pink

3) Donald Duck Sailor Outfit

4) House of Mouse Daisy Duck - new head mould with her ponytail attached to her head

5) Clarabelle Cow - she’s hd SO many depictions over the years her red and green fit would do but i think introducing her head mould would be really smart because she can be rereleased in quite a few different dresses.

6) Max Goof

7) Roxanne

8) Nani Pelekai - teals shirt blue shorts or bathing suit fit. Or hula outfit

9) David Kawena - tattoos included with fire dancer accessories 

10) The Sultan - maybe a tiger mould included if they can do it

11) Aladdin Prince Ali - in his prince outfit with his head piece and white royal fit

12) Tiana - green dress frog included

13) Dr Facilier 

I think I did a really solid job of following the trends of previous Disney cmf series. Mickey Mouse characters in variants, then pairs of characters from different Disney movies. We’ve gotten Elsa, Anna, and Jazmine as princesses in both figured and dolls so I made sure to include Tiana to continue the trend of princesses in figure form. Wish they had Disney  sets that randomly covered different movies as there’s so much from each property I would love

so many possibilities with Lego Disney there’s so much I’d throw money at

I personally would love to see The Rocketeer and a Disney Live Action CMS series featuring characters from their films. Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Willow, Tron, Flynn, etc. 

I have updated my list for what i will like to see  for a

Series 3

1. Magica  de spell( comics variant)

2. Donald duck( Blacks sailor outfit.)

3. Cruella ( animated fur coat) w two puppies

4. Anita( animated  look) w pongo and peridita 

5. Rapunzel 

6. Mother gothel 

7. Judy hopps 

8. Maleficent ( live action version)

9. Auora (in her  pink dress from the animated movie)

10. Cinderella  

11. Lady  Tremaine 

12. Nick wilde 

And 4

1. Sorcer mickey 

2. Merlin

3  Madam mim

4. Chernabog 

5. Pete

6. Hans( frozen

7. Hiro

8. Baymax 

9. Moana 

10 . Carl ( up

11. Russell ( up)

12.Christhoper robin

If Disney S3 ever happens, I doubt it will be a 12 minifigures series. 

There are just too many characters 

1.) Belle

2.) Beast

3.) Snow White

4.) Evil Queen

5.) Meg

6.) Phil

7.) Cinerella

8.) Lady Tremaine

9.) Mowgli

10.) Lilo

11.) Wendy Darling

12.) Queen Heart

Also, I will make a list of unlikely characters for Disney CMF but I would love to see them one day

1.) Tarzan & Jane Porter - you know…it’s rights stuff

2.) Bambi - well, it’s not a minifigure 

3.) Simba & Napa - again, not minifigures but I would love to see Lion King set!

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If Disney S3 ever happens, I doubt it will be a 12 minifigures series. 

There are just too many characters 

Well, with Vidiyo’s death, I’m really not sure if ANY seires will go back to 16 minifigures, tho? 

But yes, there SO MANY characters for designers to select. However, we do have IDEAS’ Winnie the Pooh set so I would love to see some new sets with new characters. Let’s say - Beast’s Castle or Pride Rock sets. 

… Yeah I’m pretty sure a Disney series 3 would stick to the same number of figures. So here’s my wish list:

1. Christmas Mickey 

2. Christmas Minnie (Pluto as accessory)

3. Goofy

4. Clarabelle Cow

5. Donald (black & white classic, to match monochrome Mickey & Minnie from series 2)

6. Daisy (black & white, as above)

7. Snow White

8. Evil Queen 

9. Cruella De Vil

10. Merida

11. Rafiki

12. Tiana

13. Dr Facilier

14. Miguel (from Coco: Dante as accessory)

15. Carl (Up)

16. Russell (Up)

17. Mulan (Mushu as accessory)

18. Lilo 

Now I wonder…. Will characters (such as Mushu, Dante, Pluto) go as accessories with main inifigiures in Disney CMF?

One thing I'd love is some Disneyland/Disney Parks characters - the Hatbox Ghost/Hitchhiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion, a Bellhop from the Tower of Terror, a Jungle Cruise Skipper, a generic Cast Member or two, and so on.  I'm not sure if there's enough iconic characters specifically from the parks that would warrant a whole series, but it'd be kind of neat, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

1.) Belle

2.) Beast

3.) Snow White

4.) Evil Queen

5.) Meg

6.) Phil

7.) Cinerella

8.) Lady Tremaine

9.) Mowgli

10.) Lilo

11.) Wendy Darling

12.) Queen Heart

Also, I will make a list of unlikely characters for Disney CMF but I would love to see them one day

1.) Tarzan & Jane Porter - you know…it’s rights stuff

2.) Bambi - well, it’s not a minifigure 

3.) Simba & Napa - again, not minifigures but I would love to see Lion King set!

Well, with Vidiyo’s death, I’m really not sure if ANY seires will go back to 16 minifigures, tho? 

But yes, there SO MANY characters for designers to select. However, we do have IDEAS’ Winnie the Pooh set so I would love to see some new sets with new characters. Let’s say - Beast’s Castle or Pride Rock sets. 

I love this list. It features most of the major characters who aren't included yet but are super popular. I'm glad you brought up Tarzan and Jane as well since they both deserve to be included, but those pesky rights issues will prevent that. I'd also like to see Cruella, Pocahontas, Pinocchio characters, and Hunchback of Notre Dame characters.

I'm still holding out hope that Snow White's cottage is accepted in the current batch of IDEAS submissions. I would love to see some of the 90s Disney movies get sets as well, like the ones you mentioned or Agrabah Palace from Aladdin. Each of those 90s movies have huge fanbases so they would sell pretty well.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I love this list. It features most of the major characters who aren't included yet but are super popular. I'm glad you brought up Tarzan and Jane as well since they both deserve to be included, but those pesky rights issues will prevent that. I'd also like to see Cruella, Pocahontas, Pinocchio characters, and Hunchback of Notre Dame characters.

I'm still holding out hope that Snow White's cottage is accepted in the current batch of IDEAS submissions. I would love to see some of the 90s Disney movies get sets as well, like the ones you mentioned or Agrabah Palace from Aladdin. Each of those 90s movies have huge fanbases so they would sell pretty well.

Thanks! And I agree with you on rights issues, jsut like with Tarzan. Ooo, I would love to see Hunchback of Norte Dame, Pinocchio & Pocahontas characters too! However, I’m not sure about Pocahontas tho.

I’m in for Snow White’s cottage set if it’s really happening! It would make sense that seven dwarves would not be included in Disney CMF (if CMF will still continue having 12 minifigures). And I’m not sure if dwarves will need head molds because, well, they have big noses. It would be weird if they come in lego world with no noses just like Flirtstone set. Agrabah Palace? That sounds really cool!

On 5/17/2021 at 5:20 AM, cehnot said:

I personally would love to see The Rocketeer and a Disney Live Action CMS series featuring characters from their films. Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Willow, Tron, Flynn, etc. 

Yes! The Rocketeer would make for a great minifig! What an awesome idea. I’d like to see Belle & Beast(I suppose Gaston too)  as well.

19 hours ago, williejm said:

5. Donald (black & white classic, to match monochrome Mickey & Minnie from series 2)

6. Daisy (black & white, as above)

These two don't have "classic" black-and-white versions. They were introduced in color--Donald himself in 1934 in "The Wise Little Hen" and Daisy in 1937 in "Don Donald" (under the name "Donna Duck" and sharing Donald's voice). Just a little Disney trivia for you!

18 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

One thing I'd love is some Disneyland/Disney Parks characters - the Hatbox Ghost/Hitchhiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion, a Bellhop from the Tower of Terror, a Jungle Cruise Skipper, a generic Cast Member or two, and so on.  I'm not sure if there's enough iconic characters specifically from the parks that would warrant a whole series, but it'd be kind of neat, in my opinion.

Yes please! There are certainly enough theme park characters to fill out an entire set--or even two! The Haunted Mansion alone could probably fill up half of one.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:20 AM, cehnot said:

Wait does Disney have rights to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait does Disney have rights to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? 

No. Although the music was done by the Sherman brothers, who did lots of Disney scores too, so it sounds like a Disney movie.

59 minutes ago, MAB said:

No. Although the music was done by the Sherman brothers, who did lots of Disney scores too, so it sounds like a Disney movie.

Thank you. 

Well..I don’t think Chitty Chitty Bang Bang will make their apple Andes in CMF then. 

On 8/11/2021 at 6:14 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thanks! And I agree with you on rights issues, jsut like with Tarzan. Ooo, I would love to see Hunchback of Norte Dame, Pinocchio & Pocahontas characters too! However, I’m not sure about Pocahontas tho.

I’m in for Snow White’s cottage set if it’s really happening! It would make sense that seven dwarves would not be included in Disney CMF (if CMF will still continue having 12 minifigures). And I’m not sure if dwarves will need head molds because, well, they have big noses. It would be weird if they come in lego world with no noses just like Flirtstone set. Agrabah Palace? That sounds really cool!

Glad you like those additions.

I pictured the dwarfs as having regular minifigure heads with the noses just printed on. But you're right that they have pretty distinctive and large noses so I can see the case for new head molds. Especially since at the Disney Parks, the dwarfs aren't face characters and wear full masks. Although Captain Hook is another character who walks around with a mask but his minifigure had a regular head, despite his protruding nose.

I feel like they're a better choice for more Disney Parks sets like if we ever get a Haunted Mansion set. But I would love to see a CMF line for It's a Small World with a representative from a dozen or so countries. Especially if they ever released a set for It's a Small World later on with the full automated facade.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

If they stick with 12 characters for Disney CMF 3 (as I expect they will), these are my predictions. Love to hear your thoughts and why there are good or poor choices!

1. Fantasia Mickey (star wand as accessory)
2. Totally Minnie (microphone as accessory)
3. Belle (ball outfit, book as accessory)
4. Beast (ball outfit, rose as accessory)
5. Darkwing duck (Magnifying glass as accessory)
6. Luigi (Remi + skillet as accessories)
7. Tiana (frog + pot as accessories
8. Naveen (from + ukulele as accessories)
9. Cruella de Vil (2 puppies as accessories)
10. Kronk (spinish puff as accessory)
11. Judy (carrot pen as accessory)
12. Nick (pawpsicle as accessory)

Edited by Childe_Roland

There’s new speculation that we could be getting a Muppet themed CMF series in lieu of Disney Series 3.

If this actually came into fruition, I have a good idea for what the roster could be:

1. Kermit (with a banjo probably)

2. Miss Piggy

3. Fozzie Bear (with some comedic props like a pie or rubber chicken)

4. Animal

5. Gonzo (with a chicken)

6. Sam the Eagle (with an American flag maybe?)

7. Skeeter

8. Beaker

9. Bunsen

10. Rowlf 

11. Swedish Chef

12. Pepe the King Prawn maybe? (not sure if he’d be too big as a minifig but we did get Tweety Bird for Looney Tunes)

I’d imagine that Rizzo the Rat would be pretty easy to throw in with somebody.

My dream would be for a Muppet themed set to coincide with this CMF release (especially since every Licensed Disney series thus far has gotten one), so here’s my idea for what that could include:

The Electric Mayhem Bus ($60-80): The build would obviously be the iconic Electric Mayhem Bus and then a stage with instruments for them all to perform at. I think the bus would be comparable size to the Hidden Side. The figures would include some Kermit variant to differentiate him from the CMF, an Animal variant, Dr Teeth, Floyd, Janice and Zoot.

Doing this approach gives us most of the iconic Muppets between the set and the minifigure series. The only major Muppets that would be left missing are Statler and Waldorf, and then maybe Walter if we’re going off the more modern Muppets roster.

Edited by The Stud