Hello :)

Today I'd like to show You my new MOC. MOC built for LUGPol's contest: you must build a truck using cabin from LEGO set 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 (cabin may have several changes, including color). So I decided to build flatbed recovery truck.

small_picture.jpg

My main goal was to build MOC for similar official LEGO sets like 42008 or 42043 it means one PF motor and mechanical and pneumatic functions, but not full PF. I think that building transfer case is more challenging than using 1 PF motor for each function. For driven I used 1 PF M motor.

j1.png_thumb.jpg j2.png_thumb.jpg

So I have 3 groups of function: manually, mechanical and pneumatic. Manually: lift cabin, opening doors, fake R4 engine, winch, HoG steering. Mechanical: lifting and extendible platform. Pneumatic with using airtank: extendible and lifting fork. Desing it's just liftarm construction with a lot of technic panels (34) ;)

img_0949.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0954.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0958.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0939.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0959.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0964.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0967.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0968.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_0926.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0928.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0929.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0931.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0935.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0936.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0943.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0945.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0951.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0953.jpg_thumb.jpg img_0971.jpg_thumb.jpg

Movie how it works:

And photos in my Flickr and Brickshelf gallery: https://www.flickr.c...157656931852914 , http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=558907

Edited by Blakbird
: Embedded video

Hi, i think you made an excellent work to incorporate the arocs cabin to the truck, the color scheme you choose is very nice, instead of the standard yellow or black, also i like all the functions, the extendible platform its amazing, the fork works like a real vehicle and the winch is a nice detail, even when is not motorized, and congratulations for that great work you made to control all the functions with 1 motor; very nice truck.

Looks really nice! The red underbody with the white cabin is a nice contrast that catches the eye!

I like the white with red but I really don't like the all red grille. I think you could have broke it up with some black or DBG parts in there. Other than that, I like it. Good job! :classic:

Looking really nice!!!! Actually seems to be a cool contest!!

My tip: maybe the wheelarces should be 1/2 or 1 stud higher (so you can bring back the suspensions) and maybe a black front grill.

But over all looks cute a whell executed!! Good luck with the contest!

That's a beauty! I love the colours and it works well. Great work. I nearly forgot, I like the rear that you can see the yellow of the mini pneumatic.

H

Edited by Horace T

Nice work, I saw it on Brickshelf the other day, it's a well proportioned and functional truck with an attractive colour scheme. I'm very curious about the other ideas and entries of that contest. Could you give a link?

Any Moderator could add [MOC] in the topic line?

I like the white with red but I really don't like the all red grille. I think you could have broke it up with some black or DBG parts in there.

First of all I want to do DBG grill but red is for me better ;)

My tip: maybe the wheelarces should be 1/2 or 1 stud higher (so you can bring back the suspensions)

Inside model is too little space to any suspension and I think that in this scale model it isn't necessary.

I'm very curious about the other ideas and entries of that contest. Could you give a link?

Yes, of course :) http://www.lugpol.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=369787#369787

Thanks for good words :)

Really nice truck! :thumbup:

At first I thought it was just a slightly upscaled copy of the 8109 with a 42043 cab on it, but I can now see the functions seem to work in a completely different way! :classic:

Thank you for the link, it looks like a fun competition with a lot of interesting entries. To be honest, I think I prefer your entry. It is nice and clean, with good functionality. If it was a real set I would like a car on the same scale included as well, that would increase the playability much.

Good luck, I hope you get a lot of votes.

It's me again, the one that always asks for instructions.

I was always a fan of the 8109 set, but it is in a smaller scale than I like it to be.

So here is my all time favorite question........any chance on instructions being made????

Would really love to have a recovery truck in a European style and in my second most favorite truck brand.

The American style recovery trucks are to bulky.

But that are most trucks there.

Although I love the wreckers, the look better than the ones here in Europe.

Take a look at MrTekneex C-Model of 42009. he made a very good recovery truck just from this set

With instructions ;-)

Do you have pictures of the undercarriage?

Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo. When I noticed it was too late because now MOC is in the parts ;)

So here is my all time favorite question........any chance on instructions being made????

First of all MOC does't exist now. Secondly I dont't have too much time for making instruction because I prefer spend my free time to build my new MOCs ;) I think if You look more precisely at the photos, movie and shemes diffrent functions that You can rebuild the most important function's group. And remember, the cabin is from 42043 with only other colored and a little changes in mudguards ;)