Pat-Ard

[MOC] Mercedes G wagon - short wheel base with hard top

Hi folks,

today I'd like to present you my newest MOC.

No, it's not a Unimog, but hey, it's a Mercedes - a G wagon with short wheel base.

I already own a long version of the G wagon which uses effermans great chassis.

For the new model I designed a new chassis - it's not the quality of effermans, baut it works...

The G is remote controlled an uses a L motor for driving and a Servo for steering.

The doors and the rear gate are openable and it has a removable hard top...

Here some pictures:

G-Klasse%20kurzer%20Radstand%2049.jpg

G-Klasse%20kurzer%20Radstand%2053.jpg

G-Klasse%20kurzer%20Radstand%2057.jpg

G-Klasse%20kurzer%20Radstand%2058.jpg

G-Klasse%20kurzer%20Radstand%2059.jpg

G-Klasse%20kurzer%20Radstand%2060.jpg

More info here: http://www.doktor-brick.de/index.php/Thread/4512-MOC-WIP-G-Klasse-mit-kurzem-Radstand/?pageNo=1

And a small video:

Have fun...

So far

Pat

Very amazing creation, i really like the look of it, it seems you worked hard to make it look very realistic, and it worth it, nice creation, also, the chassis and suspension seem to be very good, i would like to see a picture of them.

Edited by ImanolBB

Absolutely lovely Pat!!!

At the beginning I thought it was the Popemobile!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway I was expecting a 2 gears gearbox!!!

Thank you all for your feedback...

Yes, because of the color the first thought is always the Popemobile ;)

No, sorry, there's no room for a 2 gears gearbox :(

Hi folks,

thanks for your feedback...

@Dr_Spock: Oh yes... :)

@Chr.Maglekaer: I don't think this MOC well be a success. First it uses some minor illegal building techniques and second it has too much technic parts...

I love it. One of my favourite SUV's out there. Now we just need to see a lego rendition of the 6x6 version.

Amazing good small scale Mercedes Gelande and its not only the looks of the car but preform also well :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love the exterior work you did. I am truying to imagine in my head 6x6 version and it looks perfect in this scale. If you a real MB fan (as I am with Toyota: have build 7 different FJ's already) I hope you wont stop with this. So we are waiting for new versions. :wink:

As for the chassis, it is clear that L is not enough. So you can improve it for some real fun. You can use my FJ chassis: it is not ideal, but work good with XL motor with the same scale. If your G is wider than my you can use nice MAP chassis from Sheepo (His MAP is 2 studs wider than my FJ's)

Anyways you did a very good job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for your feedback!

Hm, I don't know if I'm a MB fan...

Lego%20Unimog%20Familie%2022.jpg

Yes, I think so :laugh:

Let's see if I'll try a 6x6. But at the moment there are other projects planned...

Thanks for the hint regarding the chassis....

Your FJs are great!!!

hey Pat, i am wondering some things: if you gonna make the 6x6 version, will you use the same body of this model or you will make it larger?, and which wheels you will use for it?, because, if im not wrong the 6x6 version has bigger wheels, higher suspension, and is larger than the normal G, i would really like if you make it, it would be awesome.

hey Pat, i am wondering some things: if you gonna make the 6x6 version, will you use the same body of this model or you will make it larger?, and which wheels you will use for it?, because, if im not wrong the 6x6 version has bigger wheels, higher suspension, and is larger than the normal G, i would really like if you make it, it would be awesome.

I think balloon 68 mm will be good

Hi folks,

@Imanol: If, and it's a big IF, because I don't really like the 6x6, then it's gonna be "nearly" the same body. It has to be longer for the 6x6 :) You are right regarding the tires an suspension of the 6x6. The 6x6 has planetary gear at each tire (same as the Unimog). But the boby is the same, OK longer ;)

@rm8: yes, might be possible...

My old version on the G with long wheelbase got some overdo. It needs the same look as the short brother...

Lego%20G-Klassen%2005.jpg

And more details of the longer one:

Lego%20G-Klasse%20final%2013.jpg

Lego%20G-Klasse%20final%2014.jpg

Lego%20G-Klasse%20final%2015.jpg

Lego%20G-Klasse%20final%2016.jpg

Have fun...

Pat