Hod Carrier

Doublenook - MOC

On 3/11/2022 at 4:19 PM, Hod Carrier said:

Great news!! The file has finally completed the approval process and is ready to be downloaded. Just head on over to the Bricklink Gallery to get your copy and for more information.

Any problems give me a shout.

Did this get removed again? It says "for Display Only" even though the tracking says 13 downloads. How do I download the file?

23 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Did this get removed again? It says "for Display Only" even though the tracking says 13 downloads. How do I download the file?

Sorry Phil. That was my mistake. I made an amendment to the text and it got pulled for approval again even though the file itself is still the same (incorrect) one. Hopefully BL will make it available for download again soon. It's a bit of a pain but it seems to be a feature of the Stud.io Gallery that any and all amendments have to be approved. :sad:

13 minutes ago, Hod Carrier said:

Sorry Phil. That was my mistake. I made an amendment to the text and it got pulled for approval again even though the file itself is still the same (incorrect) one. Hopefully BL will make it available for download again soon. It's a bit of a pain but it seems to be a feature of the Stud.io Gallery that any and all amendments have to be approved. :sad:

NP. I can be patient. It's not like I don't have a hundred other projects still waiting for me to build ....

another idea for posting model/files online is to make a shared google drive/onedrive folder that anyone can download from with zero approval needed.

17 minutes ago, Phil B said:

NP. I can be patient. It's not like I don't have a hundred other projects still waiting for me to build ....

Thanks. I'll post an update here once I know that the amendments have been approved.

I'm unsure if I can upload the corrected file as an amendment without having to delete the original page and set up a whole new one, so I have given the correction in the text description instead as it's quite simple. Basically all that's needed is to rotate the main body of the loading tower through 180 degrees relative to the slide mechanism and that will correct the fault.

19 minutes ago, XG BC said:

another idea for posting model/files online is to make a shared google drive/onedrive folder that anyone can download from with zero approval needed.

Yes of course, but there are other advantages to having it on the Stud.io Gallery such as being able to quickly compile a wanted list as well as being able to reach other users who might not otherwise be aware of it.

that is true. with the methode i use (having a onedrive shared folder that i can directly edit from my pc) you can only know about my models in my signature and on flickr where i have posted the link aswell.

22 hours ago, Hod Carrier said:

Yes of course, but there are other advantages to having it on the Stud.io Gallery such as being able to quickly compile a wanted list as well as being able to reach other users who might not otherwise be aware of it.

Yes, definitely advantageous for it to be on the BL server where folks can stumble on it. Of course if one has time they can do both BL and a personal cloud drive.

my methode is to just embed my shared folder as a network drive on my pc so seperate uploading is not needed. what you can access is also what i have created.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:54 PM, Phil B said:

OK, it’s available again now. It’s still the original file with the error because I can’t replace it without deleting the entire page and setting up a new one, so you’ll need to remember to rotate the loading tower as described to make sure it works.

Enjoy!!