Vaionaut

[MOC] Heavy Imperial Troop Transport

Hi,

in my opinion the official ITT set 79078 is way too small and so I decided to build my own version.

Since I don't own that much bricks I built it digitally using the LDD.

So here's my final design:

15726437623_41b4e6d83a_b.jpg

I hope you like it :)

Best

Vaionaut

Of course we like it :classic: Do you have closest pictures of the inside ?

Maybe your ITT is two-studs too wide, I've got the impression the vehicle we can see in Rebels isn't that big. I also like the red stripe, it's a good way to add color. Have you tried in blue ?

in my opinion the official ITT set 7907

Stop blaming that cute battle pack stooge :tongue:

Cool rendition of this transport. I don't mind the bigger size, actually I like it better

^Haha, true true. People seem missing the fact that with several bricks that can fit into BP that dropship is built quite greatly :D

While it is slightly bigger than the source material, youve done a top notch job on it and I couldnt care less about the size difference, it looks just right as it is. The shaping is nice and on point, and the build looks tidy. Nice job!

I think it looks great and ditto on the red markings, they really add to the look.

How many pieces is the build please Vaionaut?

I would love to have a go at building one of those....

Do you have closest pictures of the inside ?

I'll post some later when I'm at home. I actually just designed the cockpit more detailed. So there's enough space for the stormies ;)

Maybe your ITT is two-studs too wide, I've got the impression the vehicle we can see in Rebels isn't that big. I also like the red stripe, it's a good way to add color. Have you tried in blue ?

I know, my one is a bit oversized, but it can carry lots of troopers :D

I used red because it's more imperial. Can't really remember blue details on an imperial vehicle (apart from the old LEGO TIEs that weren't really true to original)

Yeah, for a battle pack it's quite nice, but the ITT just looks like a microfighter.

How many pieces is the build please Vaionaut?

I would love to have a go at building one of those....

I'll tell you, when I'm at home from work. I can also attach the LDD file then so you can rebrick my model ;)

I'm really pleased that you like it so much :blush:

Wow, this really is the best version that I have seen and I definitely want to make it. I agree that it is perhaps 2 or 4 studs a bit too wide, and somehow the front nose does not look quite perfect, but the roof and side elevation, and especially the trooper carrier parts really do look perfect, but not so much like an obvious mod, but a well crafted official model.

I have never ldd'd but would love it if you went so far as working out how much it might cost - most pieces seem pretty standard. Anyhow, none of this is criticism, this is very close to be being a really fine fine mod and you must must make it. I will keep an eye on this thread with great interest. Thanks, Ben

Hi,

sry, i had some issues with my PC, but here are some LDD screenshots now...

post-7904-0-07506900-1422536212_thumb.pngpost-7904-0-73490400-1422536233_thumb.png

post-7904-0-17362100-1422536251_thumb.pngpost-7904-0-64094700-1422536613_thumb.png

The complete model consists of 1060 parts (without minifigs).

As said before the interior is not too detailed (apart from the cockpit). You could also add some more detail on the bottom, but I usually don't spend too much time in bottom design.

LDD file can be downloaded here for those who want to build this ITT.

Best

Vaionaut

Edited by Vaionaut

I really like how it's built structuralwise, which is not very common thing for me to praise. Well done on implementing all these opening parts while keeping the sturdy frame. The only thing that I don't like (visually) is the engine (engines). I'm not familiar with rebells so maybe this is how they look like in the series but for me it looks more like rear lights or something.

Very well designed!

But clearly "a bit" too wide :wink:

ImperialTroopTransporter-EmpireDay-E.jpg

Edited by Vodnik

Wow!

Thank you so much for posting the LDD instructions.

I've been gathering ideas for this vehicle since the 75078 troop-pack came out.

It was such a disappointment; considering that it played such a big role on the Rebels episodes.

I really like the idea of a heavy ITT with the higher troop-carrying capacity.

Again: thank you for posting this. It's a super-cool design.

Keep 'em coming!

Many thanks to all of you!

16 hours ago, Bcaesar said:

Can't find the LDD file. Really would like to build this.

The file could be found under the pics of my second answer. Here's the link again ;)