Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Imperial Space Ships - real life

(Moderators, please note: These ships are inspired by Star Wars vehicles / sets , but they are not linked to star wars in any other way. As such, please do not move this thread to Star Wars forum. Thank you!)

also, sorry for the blurry pictures. These are the best I could do.

21622157132_45f3ce8244_z.jpg

The Nevermore was commissioned in 2009 as the second ship of the "Vanguard" class of Star Cruiser. The ship's only sister vessel, the Usher, was destroyed in 2010 by a Blacktron strike force while the Nevermore was just a skeleton-frame and a yard number. (The Usher was enroute to the Unknown Regions to confront a Fleet of Blacktron ships headed for the Imperial shipyards, located on the world of Titan IV) The Nevermore was finished at lightning speed and was launched the week before the Blacktron arrived in May 2011, and soundly beat the Blacktron fleet with the help of a prototype Ion Cannon attached to Titan IV's surface.

After chasing the Blacktron from the sector, the ship was christened the Nevermore by his Imperial Highness himself, with it's symbol being the Raven. In August 2012, the ship set off with orders to join up with the Imperial frigate Lenore and two Assault Carriers named the Avenger, and the Impervious (among with several dozen support ships and fighters) to from the Home Fleet.

Name: Nevermore

Owner: Lego Empire

Model: Vanguard Class Star Cruiser

Designer: Imperial Design Dept.

Manufacturer: Imperial Shipyards

Engines: 16 Twin Ion Engines (TIE)

Max Speed: 1,850 MPH

Max Hyper Speed: 60% speed of light

21012448763_fddbfc8e5b_z.jpg

The Nevermore features 16 engines. As you may have guessed, this ship is a modified version of set 9515: the Malevolence made into Imperial Gray-scale.

21633650815_881d319b9e_z.jpg

The command bridge of the Nevermore features Admiral Oswald Lyons seat (on the right) with Lt. Commander Eliza Burnside (top seat) and Doctor Andrew Sinister (bottom seat)

21012449923_a0bbd4ff34_z.jpg

Right: Admiral Oswald Lyons

Middle: Dr. Andrew Sinister

Left: Lt Commander Eliza Burnside

21607407246_0d5e3369f2_z.jpg

The Lenore was built during the last Blacktron War in late 2010. It was built with an experimental engine system which super-charged the regular TIE reactor into a BO-TIE ultra-reactor. This will make the regular Twin Ion Engine obsolete... once all the kinks are worked out with the design. Until such time, the cream of the crop in reactor technicians and their associated equipment are stationed on the Lenore should anything go wrong. This ship can go faster at light-speed than the Nevermore, though it trundles along at slower speed when not at full throttle. (It's sort of like a conventional turbine: works well at full speed but it's not so fuel efficient at lower speeds)

Anyway, the Lenore is currently stationed in the Home Fleet the Star Cruiser Nevermore with two Assault Carriers named the Avenger, and the Impervious, among with several dozen support ships and fighters.

Name: Lenore

Owner: Lego Empire

Model: Poe Class frigate

Designer: Imperial Design Dept.

Manufacturer: Imperial Shipyards

Engines: 3 Boosted Output Twin Ion Engines (BO-TIE)

Max Speed: 1,300 MPH

Max Hyper Speed: 65% speed of light

21642559221_7a47410440_z.jpg

rear view featuring the 3 BO-TIE engines.

21445762608_3b4ac04f1e_z.jpg

Right: Captain Patricia Romanov

Middle: Dr. Edward Jekyll

Left: Lt. Commander Landon Williams

21642559341_b062904eec_z.jpg

Both the Nevermore (top) and the Lenore (bottom) are in scale with each other.

5177028660_22a06bcb0e_o.jpg

...and here is the symbol of the mighty LEGO Empire.

Well, that's all for now. What do you think?

Comments, Questions, & Complaints are welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

...which super-charged the regular TIE reactor into a BO-TIE ultra-reactor.

That was really bad and you should feel bad. :laugh:

I like these builds, great shapes and bonus points for monochrome. Nice writeup too. But those speeds don't sound right. Under 2000mph.. in atmosphere, or in space? And why is hyperspace travel slower than light?

Nice builds but still it's very Star Wars -ish, no matter how many statements you leave against :D I like the smaller one better though - more inventive design. That bigger seems just like Malevolence 2015 facelift ;)

Those look fantastic! :thumbup:

Thanks!

That was really bad and you should feel bad. :laugh:

I like these builds, great shapes and bonus points for monochrome. Nice writeup too. But those speeds don't sound right. Under 2000mph.. in atmosphere, or in space? And why is hyperspace travel slower than light?

Yeah, the speeds were little wonky. I believe the speeds were written about in 2010 when I did my first version (see below for a pic), and were based on the Star Wars Wiki page for the Malevolence, and then stepped down for smaller ships. If was in space or atmosphere, I don't know: but light-speed travel in my Universe is the percentage of the speed of light you can go in the ship: as in, nothing can beat the speed of light. Thus, 65% of the speed of light is 9,6926 MPH, according to google... (at least, i think I did that right!)

16073307294_4a18eb7581_z.jpg

Nice builds but still it's very Star Wars -ish, no matter how many statements you leave against :D I like the smaller one better though - more inventive design. That bigger seems just like Malevolence 2015 facelift ;)

Thanks. This isn't everything, though: I've got plans for more:

16403808246_e18e224b7a_z.jpg

one of these...

15807276534_ac79b9886b_z.jpg

three of these (and the accompanying SW Rebels Stormtroopers)...

12324317404_02168cc3ba_z.jpg

..and a couple of these. These two are the Avenger & the Impervious from the back-story of the Nevermore.

Edited by Murdoch17

If was in space or atmosphere, I don't know: but light-speed travel in my Universe is the percentage of the speed of light you can go in the ship: as in, nothing can beat the speed of light. Thus, 65% of the speed of light is 9,6926 MPH, according to google... (at least, i think I did that right!)

Assigning acceleration values rather than speed might work better. As for the light speed limit - bonus points for originality! Most people just handwave that away, I do.