Lind Whisperer

Time Cruisers Video Game

I just finished building the Hypno Cruiser, after having drooled over it for years...only to realize that it was one of my silliest purchases ever.

It's not that it's a bad set, it's quite a nice set, really, it just...really requires a full collection of '92 to '97 LEGO sets to truly enjoy it.

I honestly think, looking at it, that the Time Cruisers really should have their own video game - whether through fan-made efforts or the ridiculously unlikely chance of LEGO making one. It's the sort of set that's not terribly strong on its own, but yet would make the prefect centerpoint to a game...and the time traveling theme of the Time Cruisers lends itself perfectly to game creation.

Nice idea, but I think it's about 20 years too late. :laugh:

Unfortunately, Time Cruisers was one of Lego's most unpopular and underrated themes, so I don't think there would be much interest in a game based on it, especially after all this time. The closest thing that we will get to it is Lego Dimensions, although that game doesn't include any of the 90's themes and is more licensed theme focused.

Personally, I would love such a game. I loved Time Cruisers since it was the first theme that was meant to interact with all other themes and established a unified Lego canon. The set designs were fun and creative and it had some interesting stories that involved everyone's favorite themes back then. The concept would indeed lend itself to a game very well and there actually was a Time Cruisers boardgame which I can recommend seeking out.

Regarding your Hypno Cruiser dilemma, while you are right that it would go best with some other 90's sets, I don't see why you can't have it travel to the modern Castle, Pirates, City, or Space themes. :classic:

The closest it had (and probably the closest it ever will have) is a board game! As a fan of the theme during that period, I had my own copy. Probably still have it somewhere...

Edited by Lyichir

A Time Cruisers video game would be awesome. I could picture all the different levels being different LEGO themes throughout time. Timmy is my favorite minifigure because he has a nose.