Sign in to follow this  
mrcp6d

[O - H06] Super Swiftsure Mk. 2

Tags: vehicle, land vehicle, exploration

21589999229_1771f0e7f6_c.jpg

--Weekly Explorer's Transmission--

--Log of Eagle-Eye Silver--

--28 Septembrinali 3815--

Mr. LaRose called me back home to Farmolis to test a new toy speeder. The new model of the high speed Super Swiftsure! Zipping through the forests and plains of the Farmolis wilderness, I put the Mk. 2 through its paces. It’s not all that maneuverable really, but in a straight line on a chilly, low humidity day this speeder will approach 500 kph with a tail wind. While none of the Swiftsures—much less the “Super” models—have much in the way of cargo space for actual exploration gear and sensors, due to their range and speed, I told Jacques that the Super Swiftsure Mk. 2 ought to be standard issue for scouting missions on suitable planets to map potential points of interest for follow-up with more scientifically equipped explorers.

--End--

C&C is always welcome!

Very nice speeder and I really like those trees! Great touch with the knocked down vegetation behind him!

Wow that terrain is amazing. The speeder has a nice shape and some cool racecar-like features such as the headrest which looks kinda F1. Next time I'd suggest pointing the front canards down both for the visual interest, but also because I initially missed them due to the angle of the shot.

great looking vehicle, looks like a clean version of something on the Star Wars universe. the base looks great and I like the varying height of mushrooms

Very nice speeder and I really like those trees! Great touch with the knocked down vegetation behind him!

Thanks Kai! I grabbed the "exhaust-blown" brush idea from a couple of our other Octan builders that have done similar things.

Wow that terrain is amazing. The speeder has a nice shape and some cool racecar-like features such as the headrest which looks kinda F1. Next time I'd suggest pointing the front canards down both for the visual interest, but also because I initially missed them due to the angle of the shot.

Thanks Kodan! I agree with the bad angle here, the aero engineer in me kicked in saying "dihedral in low wings is good!" And I listened... :hmpf_bad:

great looking vehicle, looks like a clean version of something on the Star Wars universe. the base looks great and I like the varying height of mushrooms

Star Wars but prettier was exactly what I was going for! :grin:

Well executed speeder, nice lines.

Thanks!

This is just so awesome! The tree, wind-blown grass, and that speeder... Amazing job! :wub:

Thanks Graham!

Excellent build, mrcp6d! The trees are fantastic and I love that speeder :wub:

That's great! The blown grass and bushes add a lot as others have said already, and that speeder design is ace!

Thanks guys!