Mike S

Monster Contract: The Wolf of Drond's Feelds

From the diary of Anton D'Oro:

My time under the training of Kyros changes from long spells of extreme boredom and tiresome journeying to short periods of exhilaration as we track down monsters that pose a threat to various residents throughout Historica. It is during one of those spells of boredom that I decided to compose this diary to record the tales of my adventures. My first lesson with Kyros had been to collect some treasure to fill our purses for our traveling expenses as we traveled the land. Looking back now, it brings me mirth when I think how terrified I was when we encountered the bone dragon that Kyros calls "Old Bones". Kyros' training has forged me into a fearsome warrior that will make my father proud when he hears tales of my deeds. But enough of that... let me begin my diary with my most recent adventure.

We were wandering in Avalonia picking up odd jobs dealing with bandits that had become ever more common since a large mass of Avalonia's soldiers had gone south to Kaliphlin to aid in the war there. We had just brought a band of cutthroats to justice and the night was closing in when we set foot in a small town called Drond's Feelds. We filled our innards with the soup that the patron town's inn was serving that night and afterwards straightway retired to our rooms.

In the morning, having been well refreshed, Kyros sought out to get us hired for another task to occupy our time. It was not long when he rejoined me at the inn where I was regaling my adventures to the local maidens that had gathered around me.

The task seemed easy. The locals had of late been terrorized by a giant wolf, so we set out make an end of its marauding tendencies. Kyros told me that the locals had told him that the wolf was as large as a hut to which I laughed. It was amusing how creatures seemed so much larger and terrifying when you had not the skills to deal with them. But it wasn't long until I was chiding myself in my haste to cast judgement on these poor folk. They had been right. The creature was in fact larger than many of the humble huts that made up the town of Drond's Feelds. However, as usual, after lighting our torches, Kyros and I made short work of it and we returned back to Drond's Feelds to collect our reward. Unfortunately instead of the gold we had expected one of the town elders informed us they had decided to increase our reward and handed us a map to where a treasure lay hidden worth in the least ten times the amount they had agreed to pay us. All we had to do was go collect it.

So it is now that I write this as we trek through a filthy bog searching for this cursed treasure. I made mention to Kyros that we had been had and that the treasure did not exist but he insists that he could tell the townsfolk had not lied to us but our problem lay in the vagueness of the map and our lack of knowledge of the area.

I tire now so I will try and get some rest as we continue our search tomorrow. Farewell until my next entry...

[Attached to the page are a couple sketches of two figures killing a giant wolf]

21573723219_4686c75f66_c.jpg

21572734318_9e324d13c1_c.jpg

Amazing! Perfect combination of brick built animal and and hero factory/bionicle molds. It's impressive how well they work together. Normally Iit doesn't fit imo to put those large exclusive molds from action figures with regular bricks. But here the fur is so well executed that I have no complains about it.

Great work and pretty fearsome wolf.

A messenger arrives for Anton d'Oro:

lord d'Oro,

I'm very thankfull for killing the beast that terrorized my farmers. As such, i included a reward in this message. Know that you solved a great trouble.

Lord Alric

Oh, i'm honored that you made such an awesome build in my lands. Really cool wolf, and Nice ground too

That's one fearsome wolf! Fantastic work, I love the spiky look! :thumbup:

Unfortunately instead of the gold we had expected one of the town elders informed us they had decided to increase our reward and handed us a map to where a treasure lay hidden worth in the least ten times the amount they had agreed to pay us. All we had to do was go collect it.

:laugh::roflmao:

Wow, fantastic wolf Mike S, great to see another build from you! :sweet: Absolutely brilliant use of the Chima and Bionicle pieces, cheese and ball joints on the monster, and the dark green terrain is superb as well! Can't wait for some more of your adventures! :thumbup::excited:

Great to see another build from you, Mike!

That wolf is fantastic and the combination of brickbuilt and prefab pieces is flawless! :wub:

Your groundwork is great too, and the posing of the minifigs and the wolf makes it look real dynamic. The story is great too, and I sure hope to see what they will find at the end of that map! :thumbup::wink:

I commented on Flickr already, but the texture here certainly deserves significant praise. Well done sir! :thumbup:

Whoa, that wolf....is incredible.

Great to see another build from you, Mike! :classic: The wolf is amazing, and I love the technique you used for the ground :wub:

Wow ! A wolf the size of a dragon !

Impressive job, the wolf seems really dangerous !

Awesome looking wolf! I really like the style of this build, and I'm really looking forward to reading more journal entries!

Thanks for commenting!

Amazing! Perfect combination of brick built animal and and hero factory/bionicle molds. It's impressive how well they work together. Normally Iit doesn't fit imo to put those large exclusive molds from action figures with regular bricks. But here the fur is so well executed that I have no complains about it.

Great work and pretty fearsome wolf.

Thanks! I think the trick is finding a component that will convey the style of the exclusive mold that blends with regular bricks. A lot of my ideas don't look as good when I assemble them as I thought they would but this one turned out just as I had visualized it. The only problem is that I'm noticing a decreasing connection strength in certain components that make posing more difficult than it should be.

What a fierce looking creature. The slopes really give life to the wolf fur,

Thanks!

A messenger arrives for Anton d'Oro:

lord d'Oro,

I'm very thankfull for killing the beast that terrorized my farmers. As such, i included a reward in this message. Know that you solved a great trouble.

Lord Alric

Oh, i'm honored that you made such an awesome build in my lands. Really cool wolf, and Nice ground too

Haha, well you volunteered so you got it! I'll try and include Lord Alric's reward in Kyros and Anton's next adventure.

Damn, now that's a wolf! My new favourite build from you I think!

That's one fearsome wolf! Fantastic work, I love the spiky look! :thumbup:

Killer! Wonderful integration of the Chima parts!

Thanks all!

:laugh::roflmao:

Wow, fantastic wolf Mike S, great to see another build from you! :sweet: Absolutely brilliant use of the Chima and Bionicle pieces, cheese and ball joints on the monster, and the dark green terrain is superb as well! Can't wait for some more of your adventures! :thumbup::excited:

Thanks! The next adventure most likely won't be as impressive as it is mainly a terrain study but I do have some wild WIPs that hopefully will be coming not too long down the line.

Like the sheer spikeyness of the whole thing, and the inclusion of the minifigs give a real sense of scale and scariness to the wolf.

Thank you!

Great to see another build from you, Mike!

That wolf is fantastic and the combination of brickbuilt and prefab pieces is flawless! :wub:

Your groundwork is great too, and the posing of the minifigs and the wolf makes it look real dynamic. The story is great too, and I sure hope to see what they will find at the end of that map! :thumbup::wink:

Thanks! As far as the story this might just turn out to be one of those never ending quests. :laugh: Like what is in that treasure chest under the old tree in the bog? Shockingly it might just have something to do with the giant wolf they just killed....

I just love how massive and spikey he is! Very well done.

Superb wolf Mike! Lovely fur.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Woah what a creapy beast!

Impressive work! :wub:

Thank you for the comments!

I commented on Flickr already, but the texture here certainly deserves significant praise. Well done sir! :thumbup:

Thanks for taking the time to comment both places! Much appreciated!

That's a strange coincidence that there are huge, crazed wolves in a book i am writing.

None the less, it looks amazing!

Now that is a beasty wolf! The cheese slope texture complements the prefab spikey parts perfectly, and the dark green landscape is superb as well :thumbup: