Fuppylodders

MoC Microfighter Battle of Hoth

So, You may or may not remember a while ago, I had made my own AT-AT microfighter, which ended up looking like a mini replica rather than a cute chibi version like TLGs did.

I then made a snowspeeder to go with it, as who would have an AT-AT without a Snowspeeder?!

Then I got onto doing an AT-ST, because, well, they were also briefly shown to be there, at the Battle of Hoth...

So anyways, I then had 1 of each. I have my own minifig scaled AT-AT, but in no way can I ever afford to do a full size Battle of Hoth. So then I got thinking... what about a MF version?

So I got to LDD and cracked on with designing it, and revelled in the fact I'd need to make more of the lil guys to go in it.

I had a few aims:

Include Ion cannon somehow piloted by a minfig.

Include Shield Generator.

Include fallen over AT-AT (includes 2)

Include rebel trench

Include the little rebel laser turrets

Include rebel base doors that can open and close.

I finally managed to take some decent pictures of it this morning so, figured it was now worthy of posting here!

*edit* I am also aware that I literally built the body of the AT-AT backwards... the front should be shorter and the rear should be longer... Im slowly working on reversing it... but it isn't a high priority seeing as I have 4 of them wrong lol...

21755309675_1519d8a47c_c.jpgMicrofighter Battle of Hoth by Sam, on Flickr

21743673422_b2a2a2e0b4_c.jpgMicrofighter Battle of Hoth by Sam, on Flickr

More on my flickr, c&c welcome :classic:

Edited by Fuppylodders

Spectacular Micro scene! My favorite object (besides AT-AT & STs) has to be the shield generator—it is simple, elegant, and light gray!

I was wondering if it was too much of an investment to texture the complete snowy landscape of the scene with plates?

Fantastic work! You don't even have to buy the official Microfighters when you can build so well! I love all things Hoth, and this MOC simply doesn't disappoint, although I'm a bit envious, because I'm a terrible MOCer...I can't seem to come up with landscapes on my own, so I might have to imitate this for my personal use. :classic: One quick question: where did you get all those large quarter-circle dishes (not sure if that's the right word) for the shield generator?

It was more of an investment to texture it with tiles... I've done plates, and think while it can look good in other colours, as snow, (or just because I'm doing it and suck at it) i don't think white plates looks as good... although, I do understand it does look a little too smooth, but I have run out of money for the time being to spend on it :laugh:

Those large quarter circle dishes came from bricklink, easily available on there :classic:

Forgot to say, also, tiles are much easier to dust. Lots of studs gets annoying and a pain in the bum to dust and make look clean :sceptic:

Edited by Fuppylodders

Well, it is after all, a medium-size diorama of a large scale scene, I suppose an elaborate landscape would be detract attention from other exciting aspects (to put it one way in my perspective). Besides, I like the smooth look to it anyway, likewise for the base entrance, shield generator and ion cannon.

And, as well, it would be time consuming, to form it in the likeness of cluttered snow (like Brickplumber's for instance)

Then too, tiles are indeed much easier to clean. But blast it, grime can still get in between those micro gaps :hmpf_bad:

Fantastic work overall.

I love the Family Guy reference :wink:

I caught that after seeing your post. Hilarious!

Great job on the MOC, Sam.