sctviper1

[MOC] Lego Store

Hello fellow Lego fans!

I am brand new to these forums as I am just getting back into Lego after all these years. It's a blast reading through these forums and admiring everyone's creations! I would like to share my very first MOC ever! The Lego Retail Store. It's inspired by the set given away at Lego Store grand openings, set 40145. I Bricklinked all the pieces for that set but decided to build a larger version. I hope you all like it! Please feel free to make any suggestions to make any improvements! Thanks and enjoy!

The Lego Retail Store

21557921438_916c997423.jpg20150926_202758_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

21124722333_9a6b99c9d3.jpg20150926_202810_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

Interior

21557913338_3f743bf6fd.jpg20150926_202825_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

21719653446_41c732cae4.jpg20150926_202834_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

Modular Pieces

21124737863_65e12b7860.jpg20150926_203137_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

Shelving

21558880689_f0f4118bd3.jpg20150926_203204_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

21719652576_22c076066e.jpg20150926_203151_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

Pick-a-Brick Wall

I used L@go's pick-a-brick wall design because I feel it's the best looking design.

21124887663_02eb1db174_z.jpg20150926_203225_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

Without interior pieces

21719699986_e421cccf3e.jpg20150926_203303_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

With lighting!

21755106081_e7e6b61048.jpg20150926_204045_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

Lighting setup

21719702546_e9a324113e.jpg20150926_203533_resized by sctviper1, on Flickr

Edited by sctviper1

The lighting is amazing :thumbup:

You could include a castle or pirates minifigure as a mannequin

Welcome to Eurobricks, stcviper. The small LEGO Store looks really nice in minifig size, good job you have done there. I like the interiors, and I agree that the PAB wall by L@GO looks the best.

With the light inside, one is really drawn to the store - I want to do some shopping now :wink:

How did you make the yellow bricks on the roof? I cannot really figure it out. I looks like DUPLO, but I am not quite sure.

The lighting is amazing :thumbup:

You could include a castle or pirates minifigure as a mannequin

Thank you! The lighting was a last minute addition. I'm glad it turned out as well as it did! A mini castle is a great idea! I might have the pieces for that!

Welcome to Eurobricks, stcviper. The small LEGO Store looks really nice in minifig size, good job you have done there. I like the interiors, and I agree that the PAB wall by L@GO looks the best.

With the light inside, one is really drawn to the store - I want to do some shopping now :wink:

How did you make the yellow bricks on the roof? I cannot really figure it out. I looks like DUPLO, but I am not quite sure.

Thank you for the welcome! The yellow bricks on the roof consists of 16 2x2 flat bricks, 16 2x2 stud plates, and 16 1x1 Trans-yellow round tiles. :laugh:

Thank you for the welcome! The yellow bricks on the roof consists of 16 2x2 flat bricks, 16 2x2 stud plates, and 16 1x1 Trans-yellow round tiles. :laugh:

Thanks! Now I can see - and now it makes sense :sweet:

Looks great. This sure does look better on a bigger scale

The shelving is a really cool design, very well done with that.

It looks awesome, I love all the details. Well done!

Very well executed. Great attention to detail at minifig scale.

Looks great. This sure does look better on a bigger scale

The shelving is a really cool design, very well done with that.

Great store!!

Great Job! :thumbup:

A perfect hit of an actual Lego store.

Looks good.

The lighting is really awesome, and the bricks on tho roof do the rest.

Cool cool...

Regards

René

Thank You very much! I'm happy the way it turned out. Now I'm just waiting for a few more pieces so I can add a bench and a street lamp :laugh:

That's a very nice conversion indeed! I've got one of the original small ones of my wish list, but God knows when there'll be an opportunity to get one... I like your stickerwork, those sets look lovely on the shelf. And I'm glad I could inspire your pick-a-brick wall :)

Love the detail on the store merchandise!

Nice work, the larger bricks on the roof are a clever idea! :)

Thank you very much!

That's a very nice conversion indeed! I've got one of the original small ones of my wish list, but God knows when there'll be an opportunity to get one... I like your stickerwork, those sets look lovely on the shelf. And I'm glad I could inspire your pick-a-brick wall :)

Thank you very much L@go! I originally wanted to build your version because I liked it so much, but then I saw the new version of the mini model of the store so I decided to build a larger scale of that one. :laugh:

Edited by sctviper1

Fine MOC - and the light is fantastic!

(Though the decals will have cost you more time, I presume...)

Thank you very much for you kind words!

Your Lego store is awesome! I would love to build that for my city. Great job on you first MOC. Looking forward to seeing your next one!

Definately one of the best LEGO Stores ive seen made out of LEGO. and all the decalls for the tiles and your PAB wall does it !

Im amased with this and would love to have it standing around my appartment. Good job ! :classic:

Your Lego store is awesome! I would love to build that for my city. Great job on you first MOC. Looking forward to seeing your next one!

Definately one of the best LEGO Stores ive seen made out of LEGO. and all the decalls for the tiles and your PAB wall does it !

Im amased with this and would love to have it standing around my appartment. Good job ! :classic:

Thank you very much for your kind words! It was a blast putting this together! If I get more free time my next project will be a jewelry store or a bank. :laugh:

I love it! Your store even has a Friends colored Cafe Corner, how interesting. :thumbup: I like everything in this store. have you considered a red brick sign above the front door that says: LEGO? I think most stores have a sign in front.