Sign in to follow this  
PaddyBricksplitter

[MOC] Day Of The Triffids

Hi all,

Here's a scene inspired by the new minifig series and one of my favourite novels "Day Of The Triffids". The novel in turn inspired a bunch of movies and TV shows which features Man eating plants (Triffids) that walk around England lashing out at people with their extendable stringers before devouring them!

I had a lot of fun building a London street. Hope ya like it :)

21717701152_80475a81b1_c.jpg

I'm always excited to see builds using the new plantman pieces as I bought a few and I'm considering what to do with them. This moc is very well pulled off. Great architecture and action.

I'm always excited to see builds using the new plantman pieces as I bought a few and I'm considering what to do with them. This moc is very well pulled off. Great architecture and action.

Thanks very much. Plant man is a cool fig but I'm not sure what to do with this body pieces.

Looks fantastic!

Great use of the Minifig head/mask :wub:

It used to be my favorite horrormovie in the eighties...have to see it again!

There's the 1960's movie and a series from the bbc from the 80's. I'd love to see the 80's series.

AWESOME work 'PaddyBricksplitter', the only thing which would make it more awesome is someone armed with a Triffid slicer gun that fired rotating blades to slice them in half ! :grin:

Those people in the street must have been indoors when the accident happen sending half of population of the UK blind.

Yes, I watched the series when I was in my sci-fi loving teens ! :grin:

Brick On ! :grin:

AWESOME work 'PaddyBricksplitter', the only thing which would make it more awesome is someone armed with a Triffid slicer gun that fired rotating blades to slice them in half ! :grin:

Those people in the street must have been indoors when the accident happen sending half of population of the UK blind.

Yes, I watched the series when I was in my sci-fi loving teens ! :grin:

Brick On ! :grin:

Thanks mate. When the comet came England were playing a World Cup qualifier so no one bothered looking out the window. Saving most of the population from blindness :0

Oh the horror. Great build. I vaguely remember watching the movie on black and white TV. :classic:

That is excellent! Love the crying child - a staple of any alien attack, and the horror of a discarded sandwich. So poignant. ;)

Oh the horror. Great build. I vaguely remember watching the movie on black and white TV. :classic:

That's the best way to view an old horror movie doc.

Very creepy scene!

I love to see the fear in the eyes of the pizza's guy! :devil::laugh:

Yeah, he won't be delivering those pizzas any time soon.

This reminds me of the movie "Little shop of horrors".

There's an alternative ending to that movie, the 80's one, where the plants take over, it's a bit like this.

That is excellent! Love the crying child - a staple of any alien attack, and the horror of a discarded sandwich. So poignant. ;)

Lol!

Just fantastic, and while everyone is (rightfully) applauding you on your scene, I will also say I think your London street is also a work of art... congratulations on a great MOC.

This reminds me of the movie "Little shop of horrors".

Someone here did a Little Shop of Horrors MOC with plant guy... it's as good as this one; some of the people here are really impressing me this Halloween season.

Edited by fred67

Just fantastic, and while everyone is (rightfully) applauding you on your scene, I will also say I think your London street is also a work of art... congratulations on a great MOC.

Someone here did a Little Shop of Horrors MOC with plant guy... it's as good as this one; some of the people here are really impressing me this Halloween season.

Thanks Fred, that's a great moc, glad you pointed it out. I'm guessing that Audry 2 is the most well known plant monster in the U.S. Over this side of the pond it's the Triffids that get top billing. When any ones sees an odd looking plant they says "Hey, that looks like a Triffid."

This is great.

I use a simple and universal rule of quality. If a scene involves me to look at it for a long time and admire all it's details, it must be good, and this one certainly did.

The parts usage, posing, buildings in the background- all great! Fun scene (and tribute to a little-know sci-fi story) that's very nice done! :sweet:

This is great.

I use a simple and universal rule of quality. If a scene involves me to look at it for a long time and admire all it's details, it must be good, and this one certainly did.

Thanks very much. I appreciate you taking the time to look at the details I put in there.

The parts usage, posing, buildings in the background- all great! Fun scene (and tribute to a little-know sci-fi story) that's very nice done! :sweet:

Thank you, a little know but influential sci fi story. Like the opening scene of 28 Days Later is taken from the novel.

What a creative use of parts. I really wanted to build something fun with these new head pieces. This inspires me. Excellent work!

Thanks. They are great new pieces, hope you build something cool :)

Haha, I love it. The posing of minifigs, street itself and of course plants. Good job!

Haha, I love it. The posing of minifigs, street itself and of course plants. Good job!

Thanks, I spent quite a while choosing the right figs :)

Great build, I really like the town atmosphere...and the triffids..and the posing.. it's all great. Major bonus points for the kid in the red Classic Space shirt!

Classic space is the best choice for shirts :)

So they enjoy burger and pizza too ? :laugh:

Lovely MOC. !

Thanks.