Silent Nomad

Purist/Non-Purist Non-Original/Custom Accessories

I make alterations to minifigures sometimes, but a lot of the time, I simply find myself adding accessories that the characters didn't originally have in their sets. I've tried mentioning them in topics aimed at general minifigure customization, but I've gotten little to no response there, so I thought I'd make a place dedicated to that idea. Below are some examples of my own accessory additions, or images that inspired me to alter the accessories.

When I saw the Green Lantern lantern that Sheldon is holding in the image below, I thought that it was much closer to the scale of minifigures than the one offered in the Green Lantern set, itself. I also became curious if I could make that same design in any other colors with existing pieces, so I looked up the four pieces used to make it, and I discovered that I could also make red, blue, yellow, black, and white lanterns. My Hal Jordan now has a much smaller personal lantern battery, and I made one in yellow for my Sinestro as well.

bbt-2.jpg

I also gave Hal and Sinestro translucent studs on their hands in their respective colors to represent glowing rings.

When I saw the Teen Titans Robin from the Jokerland set, and I saw what they gave him for his bo staff (a black lightsaber blade), I was unsatisfied with both the length and color. I wondered if the old longer rod with narrower stop came in the newer version of grey, and I found it, so I'm using that now, and it works perfectly.

I don't like the ADU guns used for the Super Heroes themes whenever a non-space-based minifigure needs a gun, and I liked the old black guns used in the Indiana Jones theme, so I was very excited when Lego brought them back for use with Sabine from Rebels, so I bought a bunch of those from B&P and I use them with my Avengers Black Widow, my USM Nick Fury, and I'll give one to any normal human character in the future to whom Lego gives an ADU gun.

Speaking of Black Widow and ADU guns, that's what they give her in the Age of Ultron sets, though her shock sticks are arguably more iconic to that movie, so I wonder why they didn't give her those. I got the idea to give her trans light blue lightsaber blades for them, because that's the color normally used to represent electricity, and then I see this image on the Marvel Super Heroes minisite, which shows that piece used for that purpose. That made me more confident about that choice.

The Winter Soldier minifigure doesn't come with any weapons in his package, but I wanted him to have a sniper rifle of some sort, so I gave him a blaster rifle that's used in Star Wars sets.

None of the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade sets have the Holy Grail, which is what they're hunting in that movie, so I gave my Indiana Jones minifigure a gold goblet piece for that, along with the other two small pieces I gave him to represent the other movies in the trilogy (I gave a crystal skull piece to my Mutt Williams minifigure, if anyone's curious).

I'd love to see what other ideas anyone else came up with. Please share, but focus on the accessories here. There are other places to post the minifigures, themselves.

Edited by Silent Nomad

I sometimes MOC accessories if what I'm after doesn't already exist.

The eastern monk's staff weapon in this picture:

dnd_monks.jpg

This wizard's staff:

custom_wizard_centred_small.jpg

This enchantress's staff:

psyche_and_sidekick.jpg

This goblin's axe:

gundabar_goblins_small.jpg

The zombie girl's basket:

s14_cmf_mocs.jpg

Edited by AmperZand