VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

HIIIIIII (says hi in a kirbyish way)

i agree with oyu there but im buying , and modding

oh and im not buying from lego and buying from bricklink so lego doesnt think i like them :wink:

ways to mod tahu fail

change to nuva mask

give him a bfs (big f**king sword :laugh: )

get rid of blaster

take off the crappy armour (but keep the good metru pads :wink: )

give him 'proper' wings and jets

feet

do similar things for the rest and you got good mistaker

Actually, back on the subject of collectables, I think the ghost blasters(WTF?) are crap! The cordaks and midaks and tridaxs were cool however. The Nyrah just look weird.

really? the more i see em the more i hate them

mod on on on on on on on on

swamp speech :wink:

Speaking of mods....

I just opened and built the Kopaka Nuva I bought a few days ago. I love the mask, I love the wings - I love just about everything. However, as I knew months ago, he is a bit lacking in the weapons department. NO MORE:

100_1034.jpg

This is kinda a prelude to my Toa Mistika revamp project that I'll be doing during the summer and fall. Basically, all I did was take the swords and the mismatched shield included with the incomplete 2002 Kopaka Nuva I recieved yesterday, and put them together with a few technic bits. Voila - Kopaka Nuva Ultimatia. :sweet:

really? the more i see em the more i hate them

swamp speech :wink:

Yeah. Although I'm not really that fond of Gali. I think Onua and Tahu are awesome. I love Tahu's new buzzsaw. :)

Yeah, it's unique. The most unique melee weapon I've seen to date. :)

No, I'm not the devil, I'm S-N :tongue:

yay but not for tahu he needs a bfs

I don't know, a sword for Tahu would seem kind of...repetitive.

[i don't know, a sword for Tahu would seem kind of...repetitive.

I think that's the problem with many Bionicle fans these days - people seem to think that keeping some kind consistency with the previous versions of a character so you can recognize them is "boring" and "repetitive." :sceptic:

Seriously, without a giant flipping fire sword sword, Tahu is not really Tahu, which is why he WILL be modded when I get him. :tongue:

Oh, and check out this - Kopaka now has even more alternate weapons arangements:

100_1035.jpg

This melee combat-centric mode was inspired by a scene in Bionicle Legends 9 that mentioned Kopaka putting the midak skyblaster on his shoulder, like Pohatu normally has it. The standard mode in the first picture I posted is for ranged attacking, while this mode is for close combat. :wink:

Edited by Grevious

I think that's the problem with many Bionicle fans these days - people seem to think that keeping some kind consistency with the previous versions of a character so you can recognize them is "boring" and "repetitive." :sceptic:

Seriously, without a giant flipping fire sword sword, Tahu is not really Tahu, which is why he WILL be modded when I get him. :tongue:

Oh, and check out this - Kopaka now has even more alternate weapons arangements:

100_1035.jpg

This melee combat-centric mode was inspired by a scene in Bionicle Legends 9 that mentioned Kopaka putting the midak skyblaster on his shoulder, like Pohatu normally has it. The standard mode in the first picture I posted is for ranged attacking, while this mode is for close combat. :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I would love Tahu with a sword, or without it. But some fans are always complaining about big silver swords. And if Lego would've given Tahu a sword, they would have complained about his sword, just like some fans did at Lewa's Air Saber.

i never said he should of had a silver sword

why couldnt he have a red,yellow flame sowrd tihngy

thats what im doing :wink:

i never said he should of had a silver sword

why couldnt he have a red,yellow flame sowrd tihngy

thats what im doing

Same here. I'll be using one of the multicolored Tahu Olda flameswords I got in an Exo-Force kit, and I'll combine that with a couple of the spinning shield parts to make an awesome Version 3.0 sword for Tahu. :classic:

So Pencoin I think it was. You're right. Its all about rebuilding them to something I like. But I don't think I need these new sets to do that.

I am one that would complain about another silver sword. I think it was Pencoin again who said 'red/yellow' sword. Yeah baby, thats what I'm talking about. Color! Technicolor! Glorious Dorothy stepping into Oz color non-boring silver again weapons.

Its actually one of the reasons why I think I can skip buying the Toa. Their unique weapons in that same protodermis color will show up in 13 different titans and vehicles over the next few years. The only thing that will be unique is those masks which I'm not a big fan of.

Anyway this is all a prelude to my main rant. As I was thinking about the new launchers which let you make energy into constructs like Green Lantern, I was thinking about why these Toa...the most kick-buttingness Toa ever ...couldn't do that with their elemental powers. Isn't this redundant and worse than redundant because instead of Tahu makes a flame wall, Onua makes a rock wall we get everyone makes the same wall out of their launcher 'energy'? La Yawn.

Ah well, I just need to keep telling myself. Self, I am not the demographic. I am not the demographic. I am not the demogorgan.

-Tohst

I just know those pictures are going to make all tje mistika haters like them (maybe)

Go straight to jail. Do not pass go, and do not collect $200.

Don't push all the blame on him. It's far from an original opinion - a lot of the people in the 2008 set discussion topic on BZP seem to think that too. :tongue:

Besides, the unfortunate fact is that a lot of people seem to like the Mistika Toa for some reason. I'm sure the younger kids that Bionicle is aimed at are screaming with delight at these guys - if they even know that they exist yet. :wacko:

Speaking of mods....

I just opened and built the Kopaka Nuva I bought a few days ago. I love the mask, I love the wings - I love just about everything. However, as I knew months ago, he is a bit lacking in the weapons department. NO MORE:

100_1034.jpg

This is kinda a prelude to my Toa Mistika revamp project that I'll be doing during the summer and fall. Basically, all I did was take the swords and the mismatched shield included with the incomplete 2002 Kopaka Nuva I recieved yesterday, and put them together with a few technic bits. Voila - Kopaka Nuva Ultimatia. :sweet:

He needs to lose the gunmetal armor. Fix the arms. Akaku Mata (or mod that mask, but I doubt you can). Shield needs to be the Nuva version. Ice-blue eyes on a Mata head (since they don't come in Metru eyes). Those are just suggestions off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Tahu with a sword, or without it. But some fans are always complaining about big silver swords. And if Lego would've given Tahu a sword, they would have complained about his sword, just like some fans did at Lewa's Air Saber.

I think that the complaints were directed at how they messed it up by making it spiky, something that doesn't fit Lewa at all.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ice-blue eyes on a Mata head (since they don't come in Metru eyes)

Then what eye piece came with Nuju Metru??

He needs to lose the gunmetal armor. Fix the arms. Akaku Mata (or mod that mask, but I doubt you can). Shield needs to be the Nuva version. Ice-blue eyes on a Mata head (since they don't come in Metru eyes). Those are just suggestions off the top of my head

I don't see what's wrong with the armor - it looks very close to the normal dark grey in real life. The arms seem okay too, and the mask is really good, IMO. It's not nearly as Great Matatu as you'd think - a lot more like the original Akaku Nuva with a more streamlined look. As for the other two suggestion, I agree on those, but I don't have the Nuva shield, and I'm not taking apart my Nuju just for the eyes. :wink:

I think Kopaka Nuva in general seems to be bashed a lot more than he really should be. Sure, he's not perfect, but he's far better than all three of the Mistika Nuva combined, and at least he looks like Kopaka in some ways. :sceptic:

Then what eye piece came with Nuju Metru??

Light blue.

Light blue.

Oy. I feel that as the more used colour, the one that came with Nuju gets to be ice blue.

Besides, I always thought of Kopaka's as 'periwinkle'. :P