VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

I just saw that Krika has matoran limbs as arms... :-X

Hm. Krika has Avtoran Limbs, and a Phantuka body (Minus the pod). And, she has a... neck? That head is really far from the body... and her weapons are really big. Woot.

As for Bitil, I know it's him because he has rahkshi upper arms, and the head... reminds me of the Visorak. So does Krika. Also, I don't see any blasters on them!

Tahu reminds me of Dume, for some reason, but I have to admit: he looks a hell of a lot better than he did in the first pick we got.

Wow. Lots o' words.

Edit: Wait! Why is Tahu flying in the Backround?!?

Edited by Lt Frank Drebin

Edit: Wait! Why is Tahu flying in the Backround?!?

That's Pohatu, actually... o.o -Swert

Krika's mask looks like a merge of a Rahkshi head and the Miru Nuva mouth piece O.o

I assume that Bitil is at the left side, and he's got spikes!

I wish LEGO gave the Makuta more pieces though, they tend to favor Toa more -.-

What is that thing on Krika's shoulder? Looks like a pimped up Zamor holder!

-Iggy

Okay, thoughts...

1) I love the texture of that Tahu/Tahu ( :-P )/Krika/Bitil pic.

2) Tahu has Piraka legs as forearms, so his proportions are basically Kopaka's with the head a stud lower and the body thinner. Even though, actually, I don't care about proportions. :-P

3) Krika has 40 parts and Tahu has 73. Whaaa? 40 parts is an all-time low since they started making the canisters $15 AU, and 73 parts is the most. Oh well, I'm sure Krika will be cool. :-P Now that I know they made a new chest piece (or is it new?) to cover the hole in his/her Phantoka Makuta body, it should be a more interesting shape, if not overly feminine. If it's the female one.

4) I got the Phantoka. Lewa and Chirox sucked at first but after playing around with them they're quite cool... as good or better than the others of their groups. I think they're all really good.

5) I ordered Mutran & Vican and Toa Ignika from S@H. Oddly enough, the Toa Ignika won't be on shelves in Australia until August. 8-| I'm more excited about Mutran & Vican than the Toa Ignika, somehow. I think. Wait no.

6) After having the Karda Nui Matoran for a while I think, amazingly, Photok might be the best. Gavla is close however. The rest are about 8/10.

7) Warmed up to Vultraz's vehicle and Takanuva... still not convinced on the buses.

8) Tahu rocks. X-D

And all of a sudden, Jinzo and every other dedicated bionicle MOC'er add a new product to their "dream product list." *wub*

BleaRGH! :-X

Pass! Do that all in trans, then we can talk.

As for those blasters, you can bet that the mold itself wasn't made by Lego... there's probably a bunch of them being sold in China under different toy line names.

You know, like how sometimes toy and movie franchises find their names on cheap products like poopy flashlights, napkins, party favors, etc... ...the only identifying feature MAYBE being a sticker slapped on the outside.

But it can act as a handle! :)

You're right, I must admit. That fraggin' "target audience" is younger that many of... us (ha) and they LIKE GUNS. Frag.

But... Lookie here, what people in shop gave to my friend...

bio-history.jpg

This is a short book that contains pictures and descriptions of all BIONICLE sets and is labeled"BIONICLE History". But, wait.. let's take a look at last page...

catalogue_page.jpg

Text - "Follow new BIONICLE heroes. Mistika will become hit in August 2008". Something like this. I'm now trying to get one copy for me - this friend lives in another city.

Krikas weapons are in Jetrax, they are in the front.

I think it's Tahu, not Gali. But what's with the flying Tahu on the background? And I think they use the Phantoka Makuta's torso on the Mistika Makuta, just without the Tridax Pod.

Guys, in that pic, It appears to be Krika, Gorast, and Gali? in the main pic.

And Gorast seems to have a Hordika body.

-KW-

Actually, it's Tahu, Bitil, and Krika. The guy in the background is also Tahu.

-ZotS

I think it's Tahu, not Gali. But what's with the flying Tahu on the background? And I think they use the Phantoka Makuta's torso on the Mistika Makuta, just without the Tridax Pod.

I agree.

I'm very good at examining pictures

and I can clearly tell it's the Pantoka makuta body

But it can act as a handle! :)

You're right, I must admit. That fraggin' "target audience" is younger that many of... us (ha) and they LIKE GUNS. Frag.

But... Lookie here, what people in shop gave to my friend...

bio-history.jpg

This is a short book that contains pictures and descriptions of all BIONICLE sets and is labeled"BIONICLE History". But, wait.. let's take a look at last page...

catalogue_page.jpg

Text - "Follow new BIONICLE heroes. Mistika will become hit in August 2008". Something like this. I'm now trying to get one copy for me - this friend lives in another city.

Holy F***in Christ! Im sorry, should I be saying OMFMG! I loves the pics!! Where the hell did you get them? We still need better pictures, but they are AWESOME! But AUGUST??!? I can't wait that long! T.T Anyways, I can't wait! Krika looks soooo much cooler than before. I WILL BUY THEM ALL!

Ew. They better not, that'd be horrid.

That IS a Hordika body... Nice to see they're bringing back some older parts.

Actually, it's Tahu, Bitil, and Krika. The guy in the background is also Tahu.

-ZotS

I think It's Gali. Tahu's mask doesn't look like that.

Onua BETTER have a real mask.

Holy F***in Christ! Im sorry, should I be saying OMFMG! I loves the pics!! Where the hell did you get them? We still need better pictures, but they are AWESOME! But AUGUST??!? I can't wait that long! T.T Anyways, I can't wait! Krika looks soooo much cooler than before. I WILL BUY THEM ALL!

>_< The sets are always released a month or so early, that's why I owned an Inika in Late June 2006, A Barraki in December 2006, A Mahri in July 2007, and All except for 2 of the Phantoka and Phantoran before 2008 even began.

I expect we'll first see the Mistika on shelves around Late June or so... Early July in California, most likely. D=

I don't know why you all hate Tahu, I think he's great. Red Round Inika feet, cool Mask, looks like a ninja.

Gorast, to me, looks feminine, but it'd work for Krika to be female, since "Krika" is a slang term for a filthy vagina. XD

-KW-

I like that Makuta mask. It's very Rhino/Stag Beetle with a very Ithorian influence to it. ;;D Still can't care about the red guy, even though the mask is nice, plus Blocko did a better job on the whole shuriken thing.

I also noticed that in those smaller pics Gorast and Krika seem to have 3 - arms & 3 - legs, but clearer pics will let us know for sure. Those newer ones have things positioned so one can't tell.

Edited by BrotherDog

I think It's Gali. Tahu's mask doesn't look like that.

Dude, only Tahu has those round jet thingies around his torso. And the mask closely resembles Tahu's mask from the prelim pics Tyranide found earlier.

Thanks for letting us know.

Sweet chapter. A bit short, but with a nice plot twist. I like Spiriah, he's pretty charismatic.

Shakar

hmmm which one is krika? the on the left or beside tahu???

PS: coollllll tahu is 100% much cooler if you look it this waaay

*wub* *wub* Oh and krika (on the left??) look as if he/her has a hordika head coz it looks like a whenua hordika face :P

i like (love) ITTTT

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox