VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

I don't know. All I can see is that Krika actually has four legs. Nothing on Gali and Onua yet.

And LordGalewind, what do you mean by "overwhelming power of stupidity and political correctness"?

I think he meant exactly what he said. If you've ever been to bzpower the people from there tend to be so politically correct you just want to gag. They tend to care more about trying to mini-mod topics and tell people how they should have made them and in which section they belong in then the actual topic itself. They're idea of funny is randomly saying I like pies. That on top of the fact that many of them throw fits when people have a different opinion then them and they don't listen to demands like "now stop talking about this" or "don't talk about this until then" basically the place is such a drag that some of the people here are worried that they'll try bringing that here. Not to worry though they're just using this site for pictures and as soon as toyfair hits they'll be back at bzpower until we get winter 09 pics. No disrespect to any members here who are on bzpower too though, you guys just need to see things are different here than on bzpower and you'll be fine.

Edited by Harfo

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=296500

There are a few pictures that might reveal something more than the previous ones but I doubt it...

Well kind of, I see some stuff that may be of intrest to you guys:

Tahu: Uh... nothing much to say, this pic is actually worse. I hope the colour is Mata red though.

Gali: Lets see... she has horns coming out of her head (or they could be spikes, coming from her back) Her shoulder armor is spiky, like the KK2 mace, she seems to have new limbs (or they just have stuff added on) and a... INIKA BODY. :-X Still, looks pretty good. She'd better be Mata blue though...

Onua: Red spikes from his back...? He also seems to have a new body, and one white arm with a weapon latched on it. The mask is huge, but in the shape of a great Pakari, so that good. Also, does he have new limbs? They seem kind of custom! Onua is looking awesome!

Gorast: Four arms, Matoran limbs, we've seen this before. Carry on.

Krika: New body and armor and bloody oversized weapons. The masks seems to be Kopaka's mixed with Onua's. New limbs?

Bitil: Yellow. Which is good. Yellow is good, but what about orange? He seems to have Carapar thigh armor, a cool looking mask, new limbs for his legs, and a new body. Also, I noticed that since his primary colour is yellow, we get yellow limbs! YAY!

I wonder how these would look with Kopaka, Lewa, Pohatu, Antroz, Vamprah, and Chirox. I want to see a group pose...

-ZotS

I think he meant exactly what he said. If you've ever been to bzpower the people from there tend to be so politically correct you just want to gag. They tend to care more about trying to mini-mod topics and tell people how they should have made them and in which section they belong in then the actual topic itself. They're idea of funny is randomly saying I like pies. That on top of the fact that many of them throw fits when people have a different opinion then them and they don't listen to demands like "now stop talking about this" or "don't talk about this until then" basically the place is such a drag that some of the people here are worried that they'll try bringing that here. Not to worry though they're just using this site for pictures and as soon as toyfair hits they'll be back at bzpower until we get winter 09 pics. No disrespect to any members here who are on bzpower too though, you guys just need to see things are different here than on bzpower and you'll be fine.

If you're talking about the younger members, yes, I would probably agree. However, there are a fair amount of teenagers there as well, and they overall are much better members than the young kids that swarm the board. Members like Nikara, Turaki#1Lavasurfer, Iruni Nuva, Spirit, Bionicle Guru, Lady Kopaka, and others have contributed a lot of neat stuff to BZP, and they don't usually do things like mini-mod or such. :-)

The problem is that the 10 year olds common on BZP are immature, which is understandable, Unfortunately, it causes many problems on what would be an otherwise awesome board, IMO. Even the moderators have trouble keeping them under control, but fortunately they usually never visit Lego General Discussion, which means that it is the most mature part of the board, and also where I hang out when I go there. ;-)

Er, yeah, now, were were we? Oh, right: These images of the Mistika are looking slightly better. As I suspected, the summer Makuta seem to have unique designs, cool parts, and best of all: NO tridax pods! *sweet* So, I might actually pick them up if my opinion stays this way. Gali and Onua... er, I can't really tell what to say about them, since they're hard to make out feature-wise. Come on, I want better pictures! *sing*

I'm sorry, but if you can't handle swearing, you're immature.

It's not a matter of maturity, it's a matter of respect. I'm sure he can handle swearing just fine, and hell (see what I did there?) swearing even has a time and place where it's fine. However this isn't one of them. There's a reason we have a swear filter (which I'm adding I'm a moron to now), and that's not because we can't handle curses or swearing, it's because not only could there be younger people here, but it's disrespectful to others.

Honestly, telling someone to "I'm a moron" because of differing opinions? That's hardly mature, it shows, if anything, a lack of maturity and a lack of the ability to talk things out and discuss opinions like adults. Because that's what we're all supposed to be around here.

This isn't an IM service, and this isn't a chat room, it's a message forum. That means you should have all the time in the world to formulate any response you want. If you want to be mature, if you want to be an adult, then I'm sure you can find better ways of expressing yourself than resorting to childish insults.

And that goes for everyone.

As corny as it might sound we like to actually respect each other around here, and we like to have a real community. So please remember to respect everyone here, even if your opinion isn't quite the same ;-)

acctully, he is right.

Actually, I warned everyone about this joke.

We welcome all of you refugees from BZP, as long as you realize that we respect each other here and certain behaviors won't be tolerated. Keep the conversation respectful and somewhat mature. We're all for having fun but a certain level of coherent communication and repect is expected.

I'm thinking Onua is an absolute buy. He looks the most character accurate out of any of the Nuva... in fact, he looks a lot like Onua Olda, and that's a GOOD thing. Onua was the first Toa I purchased, and I love his look and colors the most. If This new one evokes those same feelings, he's a definite buy!

It appears that Onua Nuva's domed and spiked head are the shoulder pads of Takanuva 2008! Look closely and you can see that he seems to have an Alien-like mask...

Gali is the only one that have ear wings on her mask, strange O.o

Do Tahu have a... tri-shuriken on his right arm?! Why has he gone ninja when he was a proud warrior *wacko*

-Ignika

All the Toa have been absolute buys for me. These are awesome. The Makuta still suck XD

And what's wrong with the Inika body? I think it's a great body.

But seriously, though. Why haven't the Mahri gone down in price?

onuanuva2008hk9vh3.jpg

Do you guys think that this (yellow) is his mask or that the whole big black blob is his mask?

The two dark spots towards the top of the head look like eye-holes to me.

I'm glad to see Onua looking like Onua... well, for now anyway. I want to pull away from the mask for a sec and look at the hands. The connection to the gun doesn't look like the normal grasp as the other Toa do; there seems to be more black there. My speculation is that we might see claws again. After seeing the claw pieces on Takatitan, I'm having high hopes to see them on Onua as well.

Gali is the only one that have ear wings on her mask, strange O.o

Well, being aquatic, it's not too crazy I guess. Think of a fish, or Gyarados from Pokemon.

Do Tahu have a... tri-shuriken on his right arm?! Why has he gone ninja when he was a proud warrior *wacko*

-Ignika

Oh yeah, he does:

revolving_star001.jpg

HEY, WAITAMINNIT!

Well, being aquatic, it's not too crazy I guess. Think of a fish, or Gyarados from Pokemon.

Oh yeah, he does:

revolving_star001.jpg

HEY, WAITAMINNIT!

I would'nt be suprised. Prototypes usually suck.

BTW, nice sig.

~ *alien* ~

This years sets have not appealed to me so far. This is coming from a person who was with the line since '01, and has almost every set from '03 to '06. Since summer 2007, the sets haven't appealed to me much. Perhaps it's just me maturing and devolping a more discering taste (possible, conidering I have a full set of Kal and Hordika), but I only felt bothered enough to get three sets. Maxilos, Matoro and Hahli. Two were bought in a "buy one, get one half price sale" (Max and Mat) and Hahli singular. Maxilos was good, Matoro was alright and Hahli would've looked rather eye-catching, if not for that damned brittle lime green plastic. Same with Ehlek, but I digress. The Mahri seemed a step down from the rather marvelous Barraki, and while were all right, didn't catch my enough to actively go out to buy them.

I've got a similar sitation with the Phantoka. They look nice, but they lack something and the price to piece ratio is putting me off. They've grown on me slightly, but I won't be fully sure unless I buy one, which I'm not sure I'd be bothered enoguh to do. I have a similar sentimate to the new Tahu. I'm not realy bothered about "That can't be a Kanohi Hau" or the nostalgia of it looking nothing like Tahu Mata or Nuva. The current prototype we've seen so far, and this goes for Onua too, doesn't appeal to me.

:-/ Shame really, I used to love the line too. Still, bar Toa Ignika, the titans look alright.

onuanuva2008hk9vh3.jpg

Do you guys think that this (yellow) is his mask or that the whole big black blob is his mask?

I think that blob is the mask but, Onua is looking down so we are seeing the top of his head.

holdit.gif

Actually, I see a flaw in your assumption, 80 Dollar.

I believe the lower part of the circle you drew is actually the Torso's body peice, which seems to be a Nuva armor peice. The top part is actually part of his head.

Sorry, just wanted to go all Phoenix Wright there.

-ZotS

Edited by Zaktan of the Shadows

Did you guys see that thing floating by Onuas right side?

You mean....a UFO???

Onua with a pet flying saucer. I dig it.

Actually, I do see it now. How odd. I wonder what it is. Not his launcher...I'm sure it's just attached to his shoulder, it's hard to make stuff float when they're made of plastic.