VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

PS. On behalf of myself, I apologise for the previous incident, to anyone who was insulted by my harmless joke. Same goes to the Mod, I didn't mean to make a fuss. Sorry.

Thank you. And I actually liked your joke. It's a favorite of mine as well. Telling someone their opinion is wrong is ridiculous and I find it funny. But some people may not get it and that was my main point. Yes, your joke was meant to be harmless, but not all people will know to take it that way. Thank you again for apologizing. No worries and have fun. :-)

Gosh, Hinckley stop acting like an Admin. :-|

:-P Just kidding.

I think that these sets all look pretty bad except for the yellow Makuta and Gali, for some reason. :-/

I think that these sets all look pretty bad except for the yellow Makuta and Gali, for some reason. :-/

I think they all look good except for Tahu... :'-( and Gorast... :-X

-ZotS

:-P I wish I could just be fun all the time. :'-(

In all honesty, this is a great community to be a part of the staff for. There are seldom problems and when there are the members are pretty good at resolving the issues themselves and for the most part respect each other.

I love you guys. :'-)

So would anyone like Matoran pics?

New pics are always appreciated, Clonie. That said, I might suggest that if you do indeed have pics of new sets, you at least try to get some pics up, or just not mention them at all if you are unable to do so. :-)

-Chuck

New pics are always appreciated, Clonie. That said, I might suggest that if you do indeed have pics of new sets, you at least try to get some pics up, or just not mention them at all if you are unable to do so. :-)

-Chuck

You may have confused "Matoran" with "Mistika." Since the Matoran sets are out.

Tohst - pointing the finger at people who lust after mini-figs and such

:-$ :-P

Next someone will say we can't criticize until we actually buy the set. At the same time, someone else will say if we don't like it we should stop buying them. And thus the fluffy bunnies will be protected from hearing negative opinions at any time.

Did I say I don't like hearing negative opinions? I think it's fun. What would we do without different opinions? It's the exaggerating I don't like. We can do without it.

Sometimes opinions don't change, although I must agree that preliminary pics do not reflect the sets well at all. Which is why LEGO doesn't want them spread around the internet.

Yes, that's why I didn't post them, instead answering questions about them in a neutral manner, although that didn't get far. Uh, I forgot the point of me bringing this up again. X-D

I don't know what's with the complaining about the rapid change of Bionicle. It's not rapid or senseless.

Well, I'll try... I won't get too far in, because I don't want to hurt my eyes. :-D

The first thing I have to say about them are their boxes... bland and ugly. *sad*

Gali: My eyes! Waaay too shiny! Too much silver. :-/

Tahu: He looks like a mad goalie-ninja... 8-| Looks like some nice weapons, though.

Onua: I can't see mud. Can't tell if that's his head. Hope not. :-X

Krika:..........Waah! From what I can see, this is bad. Really bad. The only white peice is his mask. It's preliminary, so I'll cross my fingers.

Gorast: This is the best one I can see. Four arms, that's awesome.

Bitil: Withholding judgement, but he looks okay.

I really don't like the fact that the toa team was split up. When we put the whole team together, they won't look close to similar. |-/

Also, the Makuta's color's could've been picked better. White, lime green and yellow? That's what I'd expect to find on a flower, not an agent of darkness. |-/

Will

P.S.: On a related note, don't bring this up again in a few months when I get the things and like 'em. :-D

Gali: My eyes! Waaay too shiny! Too much silver. :-/

That's grey. Like the other five. Look at Lewa's can picture, it looks like silver, but it's grey.

Grey? Damn. That sucks. That's even worse. Silver is, well shiny. Grey however. I wanna get a closer look on these sets before I make anymore comments though.

Spartan_01

Also, if you give a toy a name that sounds like Mistake-a, you're asking for trouble.

Come On!

For all of you to knowm Mistika is clearly Russian word... just as Lariska and Lesovikk :)

That means "mysticism", as my dictionary says. Why they are using my language??!

Thanks a bunch, Tyranide!

Darn Brickshelf folder still not public... can you deep link some of the intesting images here?

YaY Eurobricks lol :-P

-Ignika

Tell me what you wanna see... catalogue is available in another topic, and picures that I show you already are all that I have.

For all of you to knowm Mistika is clearly Russian word... just as Lariska and Lesovikk :)

That means "mysticism", as my dictionary says. Why they are using my language??!

Tell me what you wanna see... catalogue is available in another topic, and picures that I show you already are all that I have.

You're russian? Same here. Even though I've lived in Aus all my life, (16 years). I was looking at the word (Mistika)wrong. I used to see Lesovikk as Levisokk! Lesovikk is really lumberjack isn't it? Lariska is from a russian cartoon. They are using russian in Bionicle!

BTW: Where did you get the catalouge?

Spartan_01

Edited by Spartan_01

You're russian? Same here. Even though I've lived in Aus all my life, (16 years). I was looking at the word (Mistika)wrong. I used to see Lesovikk as Levisokk! Lesovikk is really lumberjack isn't it? Lariska is from a russian cartoon. They are using russian in Bionicle!

BTW: Where did you get the catalouge?

Spartan_01

No, I think "lesovikk" is closer to "wood-goblin" or "spirit of forest". And Larisa (without "k") is female name...

Catalogue was scanned by our biggest LEGO shop for its forum. I just made it available for English-speaking people here. I think if I go to this shop I'll try to ask to give this catalogue to have a close look at sets.. but can't promise anything.

First I wanted to go here on February 1st (release date of Phantoka in Russia), but then decided that it'll take too much time. But sometime in near future I'll go there.

opinions for mistikaaaa

Gali: cool armored toa...!

Tahu:I love ninjas with jetpacks :D

Onua:nuparu?

Krika:wow SO COOL i love him/her

Gorast:cool bug alienish

Bitil:very bumblebeeish cool!

OVERALL: 9.5 woohhoooooo *sweet* *sweet*

Personally I don't think it would be such a bad thing if Gali could look like her Block counterpart for once. Feminine sets aren't a bad thing.

To tell you the truth, I actually like the Blocko designs; they seem well made for chinese clones, and if they were technic compatable, I might have actually been interested in them. I especially like that they are not exact rip-offs of official Bionicle kits like the totally cloned Maskers, since they have their own mold style and a lot of unique designs. *y*

So, if Gali looked like that light blue Blocko kit, I wouldn't be that mad at all. ;-) Although, many will disagree with me on that one for sure... 8-|

So, if Gali looked like that light blue Blocko kit, I wouldn't be that mad at all. ;-) Although, many will disagree with me on that one for sure... 8-|
I don't. I wish we got feminine designs...but the focus groups hates girls, it seems.

Am I only one who thinks, except the colours, the new Takanuva looks like Movie style MoMN?

Shakar

Wow guys, really. I'm a moron. These aren't even clear, so stop saying "LOLLOL THE MISTIKA SUCKZORZ LOLOL"

I assume Krika is female, because of what her name means in slang.. XD

Opinions BASED OFF OF THE CURRENT PICS:

Tahu:Looks good. I like the mask and feet.

Gali:Can't see very well, looks good

Onua:What's with the mask?

Gorast:From what I can see, fail. What's with the legs?

Krika:Nice. I love the weapons.

Bitil:Wait just a god damn minute. THE OLD YELLOW IS BACK

Takanuva: Fail. No witty jokes or comments. Just fail.

I'll post more opinions later.

-KW-

What topic is the catalog in ?

Wow guys, really. I'm a moron. These aren't even clear, so stop saying "LOLLOL THE MISTIKA SUCKZORZ LOLOL"

-KW-

We're judging the Toa Nuva, due to their bad designs and almost-to-none resembelances. And these pics are pretty clear, they're just small.

-ZotS

I agree with Keyblade Wielder, we should wait for more high-res photos.

Besides, the 08 Press Guide from Lego should be going out with Toyfair, so we'll see what happens then. The 07 guide was pretty clear from my perspective (I had gotten one) -Swert

Clear? I can barely see shit. Seriously, you guys should wait for bigger, clearer pics before fully judging them.

-KW-

No, you're missing the point. They are clear pics - but they're small. Thats why you can't see worth shit. Just cause it's small doesn't mean it's not clear.

And besides, we're usually judging Tahu, who we actually have a good picture of.

-ZotS