VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

Wow, i MIGHT just have to buy bionicle this year, even if it IS just one set (I'll make it takkie if it is just 1. gonna be HARD Balancing town and bionicle.)

And if i do get more and i don't like the pods, they'll make GREAT Meteors.

(PS: Can someone fill me in on the story from MN's demise to now?

So, MN dies, everyone's like "OH CRAP."

Matoro and the Toa are chasinz after the Mask of Life, which is now being drained towards the Universe Core through the hole Voya-Nui made when it came shootinz up originally. Matoro's goin faster then everyone else, so the other Toa turn around and face the Barrakiz who am followin them.

Matoro falls down the hole. This is a -long- fall. Voya-Nui goes back to where it's supposed to right over his head, and now he falls into the actual Universe Core.He sees a Makuta, doesn't see the ground. Some voice says "Dude, put on mask" He goes "duh", puts it on, becomes energy, deus ex machina's MN's megablocks back to life by sacrificing his own, and the Mask of Life falls into the Universe Core AKA Karda Nui (our 2008 environment.)

With his last act Matoro uses more Deus Ex Machina to transport the other Toa Mahri to Metru-Nui and make them breathe air, right before they're about to go nova and sacrifice themselves to fight Barraki.

So in the meantime, the Toa Nuva learn a lot of stuff, go to Artakha to get new armor, and are transported to the Universe Core to remove the Makuta who are there now and maybe finally wake up Mata-Nui.

And that's what happened.

Matoro and the Toa are chasinz after the Mask of Life, which is now being drained towards the Universe Core through the hole Voya-Nui made when it came shootinz up originally. Matoro's goin faster then everyone else, so the other Toa turn around and face the Barrakiz who am followin them.

Matoro falls down the hole. This is a -long- fall. Voya-Nui goes back to where it's supposed to right over his head, and now he falls into the actual Universe Core.He sees a Makuta, doesn't see the ground. Some voice says "Dude, put on mask" He goes "duh", puts it on, becomes energy, deus ex machina's MN's megablocks back to life by sacrificing his own, and the Mask of Life falls into the Universe Core AKA Karda Nui (our 2008 environment.)

With his last act Matoro uses more Deus Ex Machina to transport the other Toa Mahri to Metru-Nui and make them breathe air, right before they're about to go nova and sacrifice themselves to fight Barraki.

So in the meantime, the Toa Nuva learn a lot of stuff, go to Artakha to get new armor, and are transported to the Universe Core to remove the Makuta who are there now and maybe finally wake up Mata-Nui.

I'm trying to figure out why you used all that "coolz" language. Was it because you just don't like the story, or because you were making a reference to the previous poster's rushed grammar? Or was it because of some other reason that I didn't suggest? *wacko*

When someone with Toa pics decides they're in the sharing kind of mood ;-) . Probably by the end of February we'll have them.

The new biocast, Dark Mirror, is up!

Yeah. So, Takanuva is really now both Shadow and Light energy wielder. Funny, but that means that that 'strange' white and black set is real :)

I love 1984! :D

Let me just say, I got Mutran and Vican on January 2: I love it. For some reason, special edition sets always seem to appeal to me more. Its not the "Special" part, its the fact that they are other characters other than core storyline characters *wub*

-Chuck

Let me just say, I got Mutran and Vican on January 2: I love it. For some reason, special edition sets always seem to appeal to me more. Its not the "Special" part, its the fact that they are other characters other than core storyline characters *wub*

-Chuck

I like them because of the special colored parts. Irnakk=Gold spine. *wub*

Win.

Of course, this was after Robo-Makuta fought against Fish-Karzahni and Karzahni got completely OWNED.

Greg said that having one's light partially drained would result in conflict between one's light and dark side, kinda like the Hordika. Should be interesting.

This biocast is better than I thought it would be. Doesn't really explain his titan-ness though...

Dark Mirror gets a firm *n*

Its not that I'm opposed to alternate universes; its not that I'm opposed to presenting Kapura running in an alternate 'verse... Its not that I have a problem with Tahu and Kopaka being psychotic sociopaths...

... Its just that the quality of the writing itself was poorer then Gregs norm, IMHO. I think he coulda done better. it reads more like a mockery of a classic alternate-universe story than the grim, dark alternate universe story its supposed to be.

- Ravensomething

Win.

Of course, this was after Robo-Makuta fought against Fish-Karzahni and Karzahni got completely OWNED.

Oh, and then Fish-Man-Karzahni got caught in a giant metal fish next, but not before he went totally pscyco and - WAIT A MINUTE. I like the storyline, so why am I doing this again? *wacko*

:-P Eh, all in good fun.

these guys are awsome :'-) :'-) :'-) :'-) :'-) :'-) :-D :-D :-D :-D yippee 1st post

Allow me to be the first to say Welcome to Eurobricks.

I must say that Dark Mirror was awsome

1 BIG *y*

So he did acquire shadow abilities, just not in the way I expected.

In your face clonie >:-)

Edited by Jetrax99

Dark Mirror gets a firm *n*

Its not that I'm opposed to alternate universes; its not that I'm opposed to presenting Kapura running in an alternate 'verse... Its not that I have a problem with Tahu and Kopaka being psychotic sociopaths...

... Its just that the quality of the writing itself was poorer then Gregs norm, IMHO. I think he coulda done better. it reads more like a mockery of a classic alternate-universe story than the grim, dark alternate universe story its supposed to be.

- Ravensomething

I think it may be due to the "Podcast" delivery of the show itself...I've never liked it, and I try to read transcripts instead.

However, since he's written what is basically a paragraph in this story so far, I dunno that it's fair to judge yet. I do wish it had been written though, the podcasts are always woefully short.

Well, now I have full scans of 2008 catalogue.

Here we go!

toa_nuva.jpg

makuta.jpg

I'm now uploading all catalogue on Brickshelf. Stay tuned :)

TTTYTTTTTHHHHHAAAANNNNNKKKKK YYYOOOOUUU!!!!

You are scaning the whole catalogue?

Annnyway...

Gali- Woah! Shes huge! Bulky too. I hate her. Good parts though.

Tahu-Can't see him very well...

Onua-Is that his mask?

Krika-Those staffs are on the larger sets we saw earlier.

Gorast-4 arms

Bitil-Yellow. Wings. So-so.

Whoa. let me write down come comments.

Gali: looks pretty cool, but I need better pics.

Tahu: not sure if I like him, at least for now.

Onua: he looks weird. I need better pics.

Krika: cool, so they are insect like! I like him/her.

Gorast: correct me if I'm wrong, isn't he/she the first canister set with 4 arms? Anyway, neat!

Bitil: is it just me or is he/she regular yellow, not yelloworange? Looks bee like to me...

We love you Tyranide, don't we?

Shakar

Edited by Shakar