VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

OH, And when I say the pics, I mean the pics of bitil and krika.

That's what we assumed.

I wonder if the T sets will be replacements to the playsets?

~VBBN~

For the evil Takanuva idea:

2. youve said that no toa will die this year, right? what about becoming evil or mutated etc.

2) No, we did that already in 2005, I am in no rush to do it again.

So there's a real quote from Greg. So now how are they going to explain this travesty of a Takanuva, if that is, indeed, Takanuva?

I bet GregF and the story team are as clueless as we are. Blame it on the set designers at ol' TLC for making everything even more difficult for everyone. :-|

Oh, and I got Tanma today. He's okay, but I really didn't expect much from him. I'll see if I can do a review. ;-)

~~END~~

I wouldn't count too much on these pics looking anything like the finals; they look very similar to playset pics in early 2005 of the Visorak Battle Ram and Tower of Toa. I remember them specifically because the preliminary pics changed drastically into the final products. That said, I am still not crazy about the squarish designs of Rockoh T3 and Axalara. Just not my taste.

I do, however, love the design of the Jetrax. That looks neat. I also like Takanuva. Even if Vultraz changes, though, I still can't see myself spending money on a Matoran and speeder.

To add to the thoughts on Takanuva's look (barring any unforeseen changes to his set design), I have noticed that Greg confirmed a possibility the other day that a being might control light and shadow. Furthermore, Takanuva's biocast (where he enters a reverse world) will explain his new form. (All of this is from the Greg Discussion topic on BZP, last few pages.) So, I'm thinking, maybe this new world gives Takanuva an opportunity to become a Titan and/or control light and shadow. Maybe controlling light and shadow is the result of his mix of white/black?

BTW, I got Mutran and Vican the other day, and I would definitely reccomend them. Far better than any of the Phantoka Makuta canisters, in terms of design. (Although I do like the Makuta.) Plus, the hands are sweet.

VK

Edited by Visorak-kal

To add to the thoughts on Takanuva's look (barring any unforeseen changes to his set design), I have noticed that Greg confirmed a possibility the other day that a being might control light and shadow. Furthermore, Takanuva's biocast (where he enters a reverse world) will explain his new form. (All of this is from the Greg Discussion topic on BZP, last few pages.) So, I'm thinking, maybe this new world gives Takanuva an opportunity to become a Titan and/or control light and shadow. Maybe controlling light and shadow is the result of his mix of white/black?

Greg said in the OGD that Takanuva has his new form at the start of the biocast. So, it's not the reverse world that gives it to him.

I probably won't get any more bionicles. To expensive, and I enjoy other lego more this year.

lol, i lost 1 proto on BZP. Whoopiee

eurobricksmi1.jpg

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! Besides, proto, shmoto. Proto means nothing anyways! Anyhow, yes, I agree with VBBN. LEGO's other offerings look absolutely stunning this year and given my already tight budget, I'll even have to skip out on this year's line entirely. (Even though I was considering buying Kopaka so I could redo the set and Takanuva, because of the mask)

Speaking of Takanuva, does anyone else think Takanuva's mask looks like an evil version of that Mask of Life? It looks kind of like the other side of the 2008 splash poster, with the black, melting mask.

Edited by KMOI

I probably won't get any more bionicles. To expensive, and I enjoy other lego more this year.

It's kind of funny though, when we looked you had Eurobricks in your profile. Way to lay low :P

Maybe though, the idea behind it shouldn't be lost. There was a great summary farther up. We don't do it cuz we are mad forum hatinz dudez....it's cuz Lego aksed us not to.

And we don't want our little kiddies going to the forum where they're gonna get cussed out if they're dumb about something.

Not that BZP is good about being kid friendly all the time, but you get the point.

Don't you dare try to downplay this. Your inner child is crying, feelings of guilt riddling it's body with stab wounds that will never heal. lol

Keep up your shenanigans and you'll be subjected to the COMFY PILLOW!

what's proto? 8-|

It's a reward system on messageboards for... for uh...

Well, you know how your mom puts a gold star sticker on the calendar every time you don't wet the bed? ... ...

Bleh. It's too silly to discuss. I'll lose brain cells if further explanation is thought about.

Well, my Walmart only has 4 single Mahri canisters sitting on the shelf, with one or two of all the large boxed sets reduced beneath them. There's not even shelf tags indicating there'll be new product coming in anytime soon.

It'll probably be this way for the next month. Or two. >__<

I'd kill to have a Toys R Us or something out here.

Don't you dare try to downplay this. Your inner child is crying, feelings of guilt riddling it's body with stab wounds that will never heal. lol

Hehheh, nah. I don't care. BZP is to strick. I like it here better. Maybe if they had a banner shop...

Yay!

Wow, Spirahs instructions are on the bionicle website. JEEZ! Look at that matorans legs! :-X :-X :-X

Well, my Walmart only has 4 single Mahri canisters sitting on the shelf, with one or two of all the large boxed sets reduced beneath them. There's not even shelf tags indicating there'll be new product coming in anytime soon.

It'll probably be this way for the next month. Or two. >__<

I'd kill to have a Toys R Us or something out here.

That's exactly how my Walmart is right now! A bunch of Nuparu and Matoro Mahri canisters, a few boxed sets, but barely anything overall, let alone anything NEW. Needless to say, I got my new Av-Matoran from Target. :-| However, my walmart DOES have shelf tags showing that they will get the new kits in... EVENTUALLY. |-/

It's a reward system on messageboards for... for uh...

Well, you know how your mom puts a gold star sticker on the calendar every time you don't wet the bed? ... ...

Bleh. It's too silly to discuss. I'll lose brain cells if further explanation is thought about.

Strangely, your anology is kinda close to the truth, since it is designed as a reward/punishment system to help control all the tons of 8-10 year olds on the board, who often crowd out the sincere teenage member minority. :-P Fortunately, the LGD sub-forum is not nearly as bad as most of the other areas, as most of the younger members don't post there at all. X-D

Wow, Spirahs instructions are on the bionicle website. JEEZ! Look at that matorans legs!

At first, I couldn't even tell that those WERE matoran legs. The design's so bad, I thought that they were extra arms for Spiriah. :-P

Edited by Grevious

I've got friends in the toy department, I need to ask them if Wal-Mart sucks at shipping or if they're idiots at restocking, because I know the Phantoka are in my area everywhere except my Wal-Mart. There, we get the Megablocks pushed right next to the Lego. I was sickened...

So I rearranged it so it was all hidden. I love doing that so much.

Don't make me get my rabbit out here...

I know defense against fresh fruit.

Yikes! Takanuva's sure grown up.

As for the Vehicles. DoubleU Tee Eff.

The last one is awesome. Or the one before it. The bigger one. Are those Makuta?

8698 (I don't know their names :-P ): The red dude is kinda ugly; he needs a secondary color, me thinks. And his mask = :-X . The speeder is...um...skinny. Yeah. And the blaster was put in a bad place. He kinda looks like he's hangin' on for dear life too. Conclusion: Crap.

8699 (Taky! X-D ): Finally a complex Titan! I *wub* those feet so much! The shins aren't bad. The uppers are sweetness. The lower half of the torso is great...but looks a little lacking at the top (where it should be big and buff). The arms are great...just great. The Midak doesn't bother me, and the trident looks cool. Aaaaaaaand *gasp* I'm not bothered by the black! X-O

8941: A flying green box. Crappiest Bionicle set ever. :-X

8942: Hmm...now this set I actually do like. It has tons of new pieces and it actually looks like it was meant to fly. The red guy, however, looks a little scrunched. But I do see some gear-like things; a good sign. ... Gotta love jets. X-D

8943: This one says 10-16 instead of 9-16 like the other...hmm. Anyway, this'n is a giant of a set, although it looks a little like a lunchbox. |-/ But yet it somehow reminds me of a podracer. In short, it's okay...I'll have to wait to give my final opinion.

KML

Wow, i MIGHT just have to buy bionicle this year, even if it IS just one set (I'll make it takkie if it is just 1. gonna be HARD Balancing town and bionicle.)

And if i do get more and i don't like the pods, they'll make GREAT Meteors.

(PS: Can someone fill me in on the story from MN's demise to now?

Edited by maiq the liar