VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

Oh I see. I'm sure its a prototype image. I don't see a reason why LEGO would change the mold for the piece.

Okay, when was it said that Chirox, Vamprah etc. were Makutas? If they are, then that is awesome news. Finally, villains I'm not sure the Toa Nuva can even compare to... that'd be a change.

Oh, and if the Piraka ever come back, I want them beaten to a pulp. I don't ever want to hear another "devilish grin" reference in Greg's writing again.

Well, I guess I'l pass judgement untill I see better pictures...

Since I don't care much about the storyline, I only buy the sets that I think look cool, purely on a personnal feeling basis and not how they're supposed to be because of X and Y that happened in the story ;-)

And by the way, didn't I hear somewhere there was going to be a huge 70$ set? Maybe that'll be the new Makuta X-D

I guess I shouldn't have expected the new Nuva to look like the old nuva. After all, Greg said that the mainstream store chains are nervous at putting a new Pohatu Nuva and Lewa Nuva out in stores at all, since they sold kits of them "only" five years ago (regardless of what the new versions look like.) :-|

Still, I'm very frusterated that Pohatu is ORANGE and SILVER. Then again, Lego aparrently has totally scraped ever making brown bionicles again, since they aparrently don't sell as well as the others. Also, his weapons are horible (especially the zamor/cordak launcher :-| ) and I dislike his visor. Couldn't they at least have given him an orange visor?

On the positive side, this is yet another sign that 2008 won't be nearly as hard on the budget for me as 2007. :-P

I guess I shouldn't have expected the new Nuva to look like the old nuva. After all, Greg said that the mainstream store chains are nervous at putting a new Pohatu Nuva and Lewa Nuva out in stores at all, since they sold kits of them "only" five years ago (regardless of what the new versions look like.) :-|
Funny, that doesn't stop them from producing a new Optimus Prime Transformer every year. =/

@Bones:

(at risk of getting banned)

Like the image, disagree with the post. looks like a start of an improvement in my opinion over the Mahri (though maxilos and the good big set look nice)...

::Sips his wine*::

*If by wine you mean pomegranite italian soda

::Reads a Literary classic*::

*If by literary classic you mean super mario all stars(SNES)

Edited by maiq the liar

Was at a earlier post. i HATE it when you click the button that sends you to the last page but it sends you halfway through the topic.

And i'm playing super mario Bros 2. while sipping a italian soda.

Edit: I f*cking hate phanto D: you just want to borrow his key but he trys to kill you D:

Edited by maiq the liar

A logical solution to making the brown sets sell would be to make them pwn the others. Think about it. You need to make the brown sets better than the others to even out the whole colour thing.

A logical solution to making the brown sets sell would be to make them pwn the others. Think about it. You need to make the brown sets better than the others to even out the whole colour thing.

LOL, yes! Why couldn't LEGO have thought of that?! :-| It's genius!

I keep on looking at Pohatu and thinking it's a fire element model. It'll take some gettting used to. 'Coars, when I look at Caparar, I think of bananas. So I guess the orange is a step in the right direction.

Kind along those lines: I still don't see what the difference between stone and earth is. It's been seven years and I still don't see why they chose such closly related elements. I've been told the difference several times in the past, but I can't seem to get it though my noggin. *sweet*

Why the heck not electricity?

Has everyone forgotten? They could make tons of elements, yes, but they need an environment, too, especially on Mata Nui -- deserts/mountains and the underground are very different. But where would you have placed electricity? In a village of power plants? :-P

That would've worked on Metru Nui, but not on ol' Mata Nui.

-Ikk

Yes, that's Greg's regular excuse whenever he can't be bothered to explain something. ;-) But that does not answer my question -- in what environment would you have placed a Village of Lightning? Best I can think of is in the mountains, but the Ko-Koronans pretty much already got that.

It's a really cool element, but wouldn't make for such a cool region. Stormy mountains at its best, but deserts still win.

BTW, this may be better off in the Bionicle story topic. :-P

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

Yes, that's Greg's regular excuse whenever he can't be bothered to explain something.
Well it's valid, I mean it's not like we have protodermis in our world.

Does that explain why ice sinks or why islands floats? I would respect it if he actually took his time to explain the physics, but just saying "it's different 'cuz it is" is lame.

-Ikk

1) Ice doesn't sink.

2) They haven't revealed why Voya Nui floated for 300 years before being anchored.

Ice does sink -- read Prisoners of the Pit. Matoro froze Pridak and Takadox in a chunk of ice, which then "sank like a stone."

And knowing Greg right, they're not gonna reveal why Voya Nui did float, nor why it and Mata Nui could have volcanoes without links to the planet core. To name a few things.

-Ikk