VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

They could be shapeshifters.

In sasha634's gallery it says the series is called Phantoka, the Toa launchers are Midak Skyblasters and the weapons of the Brotherhood of Makuta are Trydax Pods. The location is called Karda Nui.

Phantoka, eh? Sound like Phantoms... which Chirox could be, considering his sneaky appearance. We can't even see most of him, so let's hold off judgment on the Mantax/Kalmah thing.

I don't like the constant location change, but I do believe Greg mentioned each year would have an island based in a different enviornment: On earth, underwater, and in the sky.

You know, we've heard far too much about the Brotherhood of Makuta. I want to see something new, especially because, even though the Makuta of Metru Nui is pretty awesome, a new corrupted Makuta would be a nice change.

Just when you thought Bionicle names couldnt get worse >_>

They sound like they're out of Star Wars :-P

...Starting to get a bit repetitive, aren't we?

I also saw that Chirox was called vamprah
Chirox is black, Vamprah is blue, exactly.

May be you saw fakes. :-)

This is "Vamprah". Real MOC-name is Nox.

I remember the GergF said that there couldn't be a Toa of life
It's true - Life is too powerful energy/Elemental Power to be controlled by Toa. Toa Ignika is only wearer of MoLi.
maybe the mask makes a body for itself...
Mask of Life can't create life beings, but can transform (f.e., Dekar was turned into Hydraxon by Ignika).
Are we sure those names are real? There's no confirmation...yet...
Lets wait for this "2008 catalog". :-P It would be great, if information is correct. I hope.

Chirox is black, Vamprah is blue, exactly.

May be you saw fakes. :-)

This is "Vamprah". Real MOC-name is Nox.

Oh, I saw those (and knew they were fakes) but where did you hear about Vamprah being blue? (and I thought I saw something blue in the Chirox pic 8-

Edited by Darth Bionics

You know, we've heard far too much about the Brotherhood of Makuta. I want to see something new, especially because, even though the Makuta of Metru Nui is pretty awesome, a new corrupted Makuta would be a nice change.

We get a set of Makuta 2 next year.

3)Will the new Makuta come out as a set? ( the one who retrieved the Kraahkan)

3) Yes

BZP OGD

Clearer picture of "Pohatu"

<<DV>>

Yay! We get a new Makuta!

And it seems the Toa get two weapons of the same kind again.

Pohatu looks better now, his mask and stuff are pretty damn awesome. Although I wish they used Brown. And these "Midak Skyblasters" look like they don't even shoot.

-ZotS

I agree with the bad names thing...It's kinda stupid. Is this "new Makuta" gonna be an actual Makuta? or is he gonna be some possessed form like this year's Spinax and Maxilos?

And wow...that is so not Pohatu...but he's cool, anyways, and I'll use him for villainous Purposes, just like the Mahri. I always preferred the villains to be big and bulky, or warrior looking, not just silly monsters like the Vahki, the Piraka, or those pathetic Rahkshi.

Edited by Dino_Bot

That can't be Pohatu Nuva. It resembles nother like the original. It's my belief that THAT is a baddie.

I like him, though. I like him a-lott.

Yay! We get a new Makuta!

And it seems the Toa get two weapons of the same kind again.

Pohatu looks better now, his mask and stuff are pretty damn awesome. Although I wish they used Brown. And these "Midak Skyblasters" look like they don't even shoot.

-ZotS

Thank god. A new Makuta... let's hope he trails away from the "Master of Shadows" motif.

I totally agree about Pohatu. While it's not the old Nuva style we all love, he's got some pretty damn awesome stuff going on. I really like the use of the Marhi-clear-blue piece, it comes off looking totally unique manner. I'm still curious about the multi-pieced weapon on his left arm, and the glare destroys any clear view of the right arm. I still want to get a look at the entire page from before, though... it would seem there's more stuff on it than we think.

I believe Lego is taking a new approach this year, releasing three villains and three heroes together in January, and then the rest in July. We've seen the set numbers, and it doesn't make sense that a villain would be displayed on the same page as Pohatu and Lewa. Has this been confirmed?

From what I can see, Midak Skyblaster = Zamor Launcher+Cordak Launcher.

The mask isn't bad, might make a good chest piece. I do hope the other Nuva have different skulls, though.

Anyone take a close look at the background? I find it... interesting, to say the least.

~D

Edited by :Venomess:

Woah, Pohatu is looking very nice. Very, very nice. If the better pictures of Lewa and Kopaka are as nice as that, I may just get all three of them. I am loving his style of mask, where it is as much about the visor as the mask; Vahi-like, and I have always liked the Vahi-style.

And for those of you who are disappointing at the lack of resemblence to the Toa Nuva, this shouldn't come as a surprise to you. I didn't expect them to look like the Nuva, nor did I expect them to have the same masks and collectibles instead of new launchers. That said, my views on the Toa Nuva can only improve. Pohatu especially is looking nice; by the way, I think that is Pohatu, his style is too much like a Toa and too little like a villain. Just look at Chirox, and then at Pohatu. Think they're in league?

Also, Greg confirmed that the Nuva WOULD NOT have the same masks, not that they would. Somebody mentioned that.

Finally, I don't see how the names are that weird. Midak sounds kinda cool, reminds me of Cordak. Besides, at the time BIONICLE started, I'm sure Lewa and Tahu and Kopaka sounded weird. Change happens, lol. I'm interested to see the validity of this Karda Nui, Trydax Pod, Brotherhood of Makuta stuff.

I too am looking forward to the new Makuta, Greg has confirmed that there is one and that he will be a set. He is also appearing in the sixth Gali Nuva blog and possibly into the next Into the Darkness podcast. I too hope his character is different from the Makuta of Metru Nui. Say, I wonder, do you think he might be trying to overthrow Makuta, you know a secret traitor?

Just throwing up ideas, already. ;-)

VK

I noticed that the chest peice is Kongu Mahri's. But Grey. I hate the fact that that "Midak" launcher is attached in the front, not the back. :-X

And Phantoka. Phantoka sounds so bad, thought I could puke. :-X (once again)

Phan is Phantasy (crap).

Toka is Kanoka with a T.

Put them together and you get a "Phantasy Kanoka." Hope they change it (like the squids, they were polypenwerfer).

But still, Pohatu is looking pretty awesome. I'm beggining to like the orange! And the mask too...

Trydax is the name of the alien I created! Dude! X-O

Anyways, I am definantly getting Pohatu and Chirox, gotta wait for better pics to decide on the others.

NEW PEICES ON POHATU:

Arm peice

"Midak" launcher

Mask (Is it the Kakama?)

OLD PEICES IN NEW COLORS:

Virtually everything. :D

-ZotS

Edited by Zaktan of the Shadows

Pohatu especially is looking nice; by the way, I think that is Pohatu, his style is too much like a Toa and too little like a villain.
Yes, I agree now, since we now have a better pic of him.
Do you think Makuta will overthrow Makuta at the behest of the rest of the Makutas?

Yet another example at the Bionicle storyline failing T_T

Guh? Someone posted a theory, does that mean Bionicle is failing?

I thought I saw something blue in the Chirox pic

Well, then it seems to be a part of Vamprah. :)

hmmm, that might not be Pohatu, perhaps the Nuva come out later in the year (or are they confirmed to be in January?)

Nuva were in a list of sets, which will be released in a first half of 2008.

Is this "new Makuta" gonna be an actual Makuta?

I think, no.

spoiler: because Chirox, Vamprah and Anthros are Makutas.

Guh? Someone posted a theory, does that mean Bionicle is failing?

I believe he was referring to the abundance of the word 'Makuta' in that sentence. :-P

Did anyone notice Pohatu is pretty much a recolored Kongu Mahri? The orange is somewhat redeeming... but that head is the weirdest thing I've seen in a while.

EDIT: Whoa, it looks like they changed the appearance of this basic piece...

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

"Pohatu" is looking quite nice. That mask would make a wonderful Vahi 2.0! Just look at its shape.

On the weapons, the "Mydak skyblaster", if that's its name, looks like an interesting weapon, more for its shape than for its functionality. Are those things pincers? If so, good! Definately reminiscient of the Kodan claws, but bigger and meaner.

On the colour scheme, the orange pieces do really make me happy. However, I think that replacing the dark bley pieces with gunmetal ones would make him look alot better. Gunmetal+orange=WIN.

What I don't like is the use of the Kongu Mahri design. It looks something that would better suit Onua...I don't know about you, but I always saw Pohatu as being quite slim.

Shakar

I believe he was referring to the abundance of the word 'Makuta' in that sentence. :-P
That's why they have individual names. T_T
Are those things pincers? If so, good! Definately reminiscient of the Kodan claws, but bigger and meaner.
Those weapon dealies look like helicopter-style features. There's a black rod at the bottom, you probably turn that.

Look at the neck-piece, it's missing the rectangular holes -- just a plain surface.

That's why they have individual names. T_T
Aye, but they don't yet. :-P

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

EDIT: Whoa, it looks like they changed the appearance of this basic piece...

I'm guessing you mean the peice used to connect the "Midak blaster" to his shoulder right? It may be one of those Piraka/Inika/Barraki/Mahri leg (and arm) joints.

Wha? Chirox, Vamprah and Antros are Makuta's? Where did you learn this? 2008 is going to have to have a Brotherhood of Makuta guide book.

-ZotS

I'm guessing you mean the peice used to connect the "Midak blaster" to his shoulder right? It may be one of those Piraka/Inika/Barraki/Mahri leg (and arm) joints.

Not only that, but the neck-piece as well. That gives it away.

-Ikk