VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

In reply to the reply of my reply earlier ( :wacko: ) uum, why is it so bad? Well to tell the truth, I was thinking selfishly and it was in the morning, and to tell the truth, I'm not a morning person. Anyways, I forgot about all the MoC-ists out there. I don't think about them too mcuh because... well I'm not too much of one. My friend is however, but he can make anything out of... anything pretty much, though they usually end up being a mis-match of pieces and caolors, but that's not really importnat.

Someone mentioned that its a good thing you have to build the Ghost Blaster. Or was it the easy part that was good? Anyways, it's still bad that you have to build it, unless you need two medium rods, but anyways.

Sorry.

Anyways, it's still bad that you have to build it, unless you need two medium rods, but anyways.

Why is this a bad thing? Having buildable launchers means that you no longer have huge chunks of almost-useless plastic lying around. The pieces for the new blasters look pretty sweet, I can see many different uses for them individually, and they won't even look like I stuck a giant blaster on something!

This, my friends, is the way to have a win-win-win situation.

(Though I'd still rather not have blasters at all)

Why is this a bad thing? Having buildable launchers means that you no longer have huge chunks of almost-useless plastic lying around. The pieces for the new blasters look pretty sweet, I can see many different uses for them individually, and they won't even look like I stuck a giant blaster on something!

This, my friends, is the way to have a win-win-win situation.

(Though I'd still rather not have blasters at all)

True post is true.

And I miiight get one or two mistika.

Nice Modding Grevious :thumbup: I am probably going to buy this beast 2moz (it walks on all fours :cry_happy: ) Can some one recomend it to me or have a link to a pictorial review? Thats right, HB is finally kind of liking this theme :tongue:

Hundreds of dollars -- Check

Hm, that's all I need. Yay!

Blah, I want to see the instructions. The site's all slow.

he DID lie about maxilos i asked him it, so dont argue cause i was THERE

Provide us with a link, then :classic: .

I rather like the name Vastus. After the Final Battle, it could be that it is a new start in another part of the Bionicle dimension. Kind of like how European countries never knew about Indonesia, Japan etc before they first visited them.

Kind of like how the main islands never knew about this new location.

-OR- it could be a species on the Mainland.

the new site is up, its ok :wink:

oh god, the sprit storm is true

people belive the gladitorians, and belive that amaozn book, its excatley the same

oh god this is brilliant and awsome

Edited by Pencoin

I do love the builds of those vehicles, but what made the Rahi & early robots so attractive was, IMO, that they both had ingenious construction AND awesome looks. To me, these flying things frankly look bland. What'd be much more interesting would be Rahi-like vehicles, like the Vahki Transport -- with wings, legs, and such features. Which is why I love the Swamp Strider so much -- it resembles a giant beast with a turret. Great combination.

Hm, well, I actually think they look pretty cool. I can see where you're coming from though. Still, it's suprising that we're getting big technic sets at all - considering that sales data has showed that the kids don't like big technic sets that much. Hopefully these vehicles will sell well, because that will mean that we will see more big technic sets in the future! :sweet:

Funny, because I could tell that it was several pieces right away. Why is this such a bad thing? It makes it a lot easier to MOC when the molds aren't all one big POOP. :thumbup:

BTW, now that the Summer 2008 instructions are up on the official site, I naturally looked at all of them. And man, the big vehicles are looking simply AMAZING. This is mainly because they are just as complex - if not more - as the famed Muaka and Kane-Ra, and the Bahrag. It's wonderful that we're getting super sized and super complex technic builds in Bionicle again. Who cares if they're vehicles and not Rahi? I'm sure anyone who enjoyed building the aformentioned Rahi kits back years ago will probably enjoy building all the complex assembilies and features of the new vehicle line. :thumbup:

Oh, and the rest of the lineup is looking about the same. As I though, Takanuva is a lot different from most of the titans we have gotten in the last few years - should be an enjoyable build. Vultraz is looking decent - but needs some serious beef on the bones - and Mazeka is wonderful. The Canister sets... I've talked about them so much that I don't really have anything else to say. :laugh:

Oh, and stay tuned - I'll be posting my Vamprah mod very shortly! Here it is!

100_1182.jpg

100_1181.jpg

100_1184.jpg

Personally, I disliked Vamprah at first, but now I've really grown to like him. However, there's still one major problem with the kit - the wings are very poorly designed. I mean, why are they sticking out the back of his hands? ALso, it simply doesn't look that great without some way to move the wings move around separately. So, I took the wings and attached them to a ball joint connector, and then attached that to the back of his elbows. I also gave him some better claws so the hands wouldn't look slightly bare. :wink:

"Why are they sticking out of the back of his hands...?" He is based on a bat... they have a wing design like that.

Personally, I think the regular design is accurate and ingenious, but your mod is nice, too.

Edited by Darkness Falls

Next time I'm lied to by some bastard at a sstore over the phone about Mistika, I seriously will go down there and find him/her, and give them a earful.

Gali's awesome, IMO.

-Rho-

Next time I'm lied to by some bastard at a sstore over the phone about Mistika, I seriously will go down there and find him/her, and give them a earful.

Gali's awesome, IMO

Not trying to act the Mod here, but taking down the language a notch would be nice. :classic:

And Gali is probably the best of the Nuva Mistika, but not as Gali.

Not trying to act the Mod here, but taking down the language a notch would be nice. :classic:

And Gali is probably the best of the Nuva Mistika, but not as Gali.

She is. The best Makuta Mistika in my opinion is Gorast.

I'm not saying I never shared your frustration, but you have to put yourselves in their shoes too.

They're not into Bionicle. And even though you spell out the name to them, it's still entirely possible they'll say it's what you're looking for when it's not. The packaging is not adult friendly, and it's even less friendly to some poor bastard whose life is passing them by while not getting paid a whole hell of a lot.

Now the pimpley-faced dorks at fast food joints who never get my orders right.... oooooh hoho ho ho I want them to feel pain.

They're endangering my caloric intake, my very health is at stake!

I think Gali Mistika is pure win, I'm getting used to the lack of a melee weapon. Gorast is awesome as well, her and Gali will probably be my first Mistika.

But Onua still looks like shit. My god, He's supposed to be bulky and strong, he looks like a weakling.

-Rho-

I think Gali Mistika is pure win, I'm getting used to the lack of a melee weapon. Gorast is awesome as well, her and Gali will probably be my first Mistika.

But Onua still looks like shit. My god, He's supposed to be bulky and strong, he looks like a weakling.

-Rho-

Dude, I find it hilarious that you're like 6 years old and you're cussing like a sailor. :tongue:

And yeah, I agree that Gali and Gorast are the best of their lot (bar Krika, he's awesome).

These are my reactions to the Mistika instructions, which I will look at while typing this post.

Takanuva -- I really missed a lot by looking at only pictures, I didn't even notice the grey Tanma arms there. The construcion's actually pretty original, too. Better than I thought, which is saying something.

Gali -- Okay, the body seems to actually have had some kind of thought put into it, so props to them. But really, the arms are getting kind of long. But of course, that's helped if you keep her hands above her knees, as in, make her hold he blaster. That helps. Anyway, to continue... Oh wait, she's already built. xD

Tahu -- Yay, the arms are flipped how I wanted them to be. Anyway, pretty similar to Gali, really, except for the differences. I like the looks of those engines...

Onua -- Hm, a comparatively original body for once. And actually, so are his limbs. (Note: I said "comparatively," not "very." :tongue: ) That's a pretty badass piece of armour on his blaster.

Krika -- Incredible. I didn't think I could possibly like him more, but I do.

Gorast -- Hm, she looks taller somehow. Also, she looks better. Imagine that.

Bitil -- Vahki head, weird. Pretty boring build, looks like, but a cool set when finished.

Vultraz -- ... How the hell did they pack that many parts into the skyfighter? Way better than I thought.

Pohatu T3 -- I enjoyed it until I saw the body get flipped around, then I remembered, that the body is flipped around. Blah. Pretty crappy figure.

Antroz T6 -- I like it. Looks like a pilot version of Antroz, which helps.

Lewa T9 -- Well he's worse than the Phantoka one. But the mask is okay.

I'll save looking at the vehicles until I get them.

Can you tell I got bored halfway through? :tongue:

DAMN! I was so close, I almost got two of the Mistika sets today, unfortuntely, I came up about $14 short.... not even enough for one. Damn my generosity, I gave too much money away as a loan yesterday (gas prices and all that) and thus, came up short. I could've sworn I had $8 dollars more this morning though. Weird.

Anyways, Just thought I'd let you know how close I was.

Rho and I both lost proto on BZP because I posted "bant hahaha" on his comments (because he was banned here). All I can say is glad he lost some too.

And I don't really care that I lost any, it was worth it to rub it in the arrogant little punk's face. :tongue:

Rho and I both lost proto on BZP because I posted "bant hahaha" on his comments (because he was banned here). All I can say is glad he lost some too.

And I don't really care that I lost any, it was worth it to rub it in the arrogant little punk's face. :tongue:

I lost proto for posting a reference to the new website on the 2008 topic. :thumbdown:

Kex is too strict.

-ZotS

In ways, yes. Realize though that the whole thing with "Rho" has spanned across at least 3 websites (Eurobricks, BZ amd In_the_Bricks).

Tempers regarding him are short and he's taking people he's pissed off with him.

I wouldn't even bring him up again, except I just wanted to make sure it's over, at least here and on In_the_Bricks.

BZ's stuck with him for the moment though. I'm told they've put up with this a year... which is confounding, as their hands are often more heavy.

But, the bulletproof vest he was wearing is off and his fate is now in his next actions.

We all got problems in life, we're all subject to human duality in our characters... every one of us is ugly SOMEWHERE. It's a cosmic trade-off of sorts and only a handful of humans ever escape it.

His "dark" side just happened to manifest itself on Lego messageboards. Who knows, after a personal revelation or two he might all of a sudden "get it" and turn out to be a fine community member in the future.

For now...

The end. (Okay?)

Let's get back to these expensive hunks of plastic we all love so much...

We all got problems in life, we're all subject to human duality in our characters... every one of us is ugly SOMEWHERE. It's a cosmic trade-off of sorts and only a handful of humans ever escape it.

His "dark" side just happened to manifest itself on Lego messageboards. Who knows, after a personal revelation or two he might all of a sudden "get it" and turn out to be a fine community member in the future.

This is true. I remember when I was annoying. :tongue:

We all do.

... :tongue:

In other words, all summer sets but the Mistika themselves are on S@H here in ol' Denmark... still drooling over Krika and needing Bitil for those gorgeous limbs, but haven't seen 'em anywhere. May check the local area one of those days, hopefully.

And who knew Onua had SILVER Rahkshi legs?

-Ikk

And who knew Onua had SILVER Rahkshi legs?

What do you mean by that? I thought that it was pretty clear from the begining that Onua had silver legs, since the other two Toa had them as well, and since silver is the secondary color like grey was for the Phantoka Nuva. :look: