VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

If it's Photoshopped, why is it on the LEGO website? Look at the url.

And of course it's photoshopped. There isn't really a swamp of secrets. :tongue:

Takanuva is too awesome to describe with words. I care nothing if he lost the gold and if he's a Titan now. He's the best set of the year and the best designed Titan set since Roodaka.

I really like the T sets as well, I hope to get at least one of them.

Shakar

Luckily though, they did toss a good bunch of other parts in there too this season, ugly action figures be damned.

Er, what do you mean by this? Because you build bionicle figures constantly. And honestly, I don't see whats so ugly about many of TLC's designs, especially the new Takanuva. :look:

Er, what do you mean by this? Because you build bionicle figures constantly. And honestly, I don't see whats so ugly about many of TLC's designs, especially the new Takanuva. :look:

I think that's joke.

And here we go again... My faourite Russian fan site just published scans of LEGO internal catalogue for summer! The text is in Russian, if you want, I can give you translation tomorrow, but there's mostly self-admiring of BIONICLE... coolness? Don't mind))

Whole catalogue can be viewed through these links easily.

Toa Nuva Mistika

Makuta Mistika

Transport, part 1

Transport, part 2 (yea, they're officially called BIONICLE Vehicles)

Titans

The most interesting thing here is CG design of Nynrah Ghostblasters' projectiles.

I think that's joke.

And here we go again... My faourite Russian fan site just published scans of LEGO internal catalogue for summer! The text is in Russian, if you want, I can give you translation tomorrow, but there's mostly self-admiring of BIONICLE... coolness? Don't mind))

Whole catalogue can be viewed through these links easily.

Toa Nuva Mistika

Makuta Mistika

Transport, part 1

Transport, part 2 (yea, they're officially called BIONICLE Vehicles)

Titans

The most interesting thing here is CG design of Nynrah Ghostblasters' projectiles.

Toa Taxy and Poko T3 :laugh::wink:

Wait, why is Vultraz a titan and not a vehicle?

And if you compare Vultraz's foot "bracket" (the part the ball-joint goes in) with say Kirop's, Kirop has the new style (with rectangular brackets) while Vultraz has the old (rounder). Point is, they're a different piece. Why would they make a prototype piece that won't make it into any set when they can just paint a dark bley or black one (isn't that what they do for prototype pieces?)?

Toa Taxy and Poko T3 :laugh::wink:

Wait, why is Vultraz a titan and not a vehicle?

And if you compare Vultraz's foot "bracket" (the part the ball-joint goes in) with say Kirop's, Kirop has the new style (with rectangular brackets) while Vultraz has the old (rounder). Point is, they're a different piece. Why would they make a prototype piece that won't make it into any set when they can just paint a dark bley or black one (isn't that what they do for prototype pieces?)?

Poko XD Never thought about'em in this way :laugh:

I think that's because all these pictures are prototypes (like those of Phantoka in last autumn catalogue) - maybe that was the first design or something like that...

Takanuva is too awesome to describe with words. I care nothing if he lost the gold and if he's a Titan now. He's the best set of the year and the best designed Titan set since Roodaka.

?

I fail to see why people like this Takanuva. He's so goofy looking. Too thin, gangly, goofy claw hands, and those legs look awful. What's with the holes in the lower legs? Poor set design, that.

I don't understand what anyone sees in this set. It's awful.

A thousand BZPers would have a heart attack if you said that to their faces :laugh: :laugh: .

I find the hollow shins quite annoying (wouldn't have been hard to fill with something like Roborider heads), though I really don't see the rest of your complaints, except maybe the large hands (which I don't really mind). And his upper body does seem a tad thin compared to his waist.

I wish we could've gotten a Toa-sized Takanuva. I'm afraid though if that had happened we would've gotten a Kopaka rehash.

i think ill only be getting taks and gorast

i need agents sets and most others are poop ill get my mocing parts form brick link i guess

I find the hollow shins quite annoying (wouldn't have been hard to fill with something like Roborider heads), though I really don't see the rest of your complaints, except maybe the large hands (which I don't really mind). And his upper body does seem a tad thin compared to his waist.

I wish we could've gotten a Toa-sized Takanuva. I'm afraid though if that had happened we would've gotten a Kopaka rehash.

Honestly I think you're exageratting a bit about the shins. There is a hole, but to me it doesn't seem it affects the aestethycs of the leg that much. I don't think the hands are that goofy looking either. If they used a single hipjoint or even a Hydraxon-style..that would've looked weird and disprortionate.

On another subject, aside from Krika the Makuta Mistika suck. So puny for being Makuta.

Shakar

I fail to see why people like this Takanuva. He's so goofy looking. Too thin, gangly, goofy claw hands, and those legs look awful. What's with the holes in the lower legs? Poor set design, that.

I must completely disagree with that. Firstly, I don't see what's wrong with the claw hands. Sure, they're claws, but it's far better than what we got on the 2005 titans, and better than titans like Maxilos and Brutaka - because the hands are actually real hands, not just Piraka feet used as hands. :classic:

Also, I dunno if I'm seeing him differently, but he doesn't look thin at all. In fact, he looks rather beefy, especially on his legs and shoulders. The legs - yeah, I understand why you don't like them, but they don't actually look too bad. The legs still look armored, and it wouldn't be hard to fix if you really hate it.

More importantly, however, I really like Takanuva because he's actually almost unique among the kits this year - he shows real uniqueness and innovation. Things like the Takadox heads used as armor, and the neat body construction make him a lot more interesting than other titans this year like Mutran and Vican, and Icarax. He may not be perfect, but he's still cool IMO. :thumbup:

I'll get both Makuta but Krika for revamps.

Takanuva legs suck.

because only pervy people look at there legs

cmon the rest of him is great and there not that bad, did you want piraka legs again? shudders

I also don't see what others are seeing in Takanuva.

He's like a moc, but not a good moc, a moc of just really jumbled up parts.

And I'm really crying tears to see Lego's resurrected those fanblade / liftarm pieces on his legs.

They never should've survived beyond Roboriders.

But hey, as a parts pack, it's not too bad... sorta.

: /

I want Krika. No. I want about four duplicates of Krika... the other bad guys too.

Great parts for mocing ferocious looking stuff. The Toa can suck it though, save for a part or two easily acquirable on Bricklink.

I know where Binkmeister got that pic from...

Here's a hint. Go to the Building Instruction section of the LEGO.com site, under Customer Service. Find BIONICLE, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the BIONICLE list. Under Makuta Icarax.

VK

Damn. Whatever happened to the gonzo colors of exclusives?

I know where Binkmeister got that pic from...

Here's a hint. Go to the Building Instruction section of the LEGO.com site, under Customer Service. Find BIONICLE, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the BIONICLE list. Under Makuta Icarax.

VK

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/4537409.pdf

clonie just posted that... yes hes exclusive

ye iknow but i posted becos of lazy people :P

and with store?

Edited by Hotshot