VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

Nice new pictures, CGI and all. I am liking the look of the Antroz from Jetrax (although my main interest in those sets is for the vehicles themselves.) I also like the new mask for Lewa Nuva, it works better with the spiked visor than Pohatu's mask. I don't think the backwards Inika body is too bad, because the silver usage does make it appear like armor, but the choice of armor for his back is no good because it is the armor with the space between teh lower body and the armor. I think the other armor would have been a better choice if they were intent on making him backwards. Plus they should have used the shorter double-socket piece for his upper arms, and kept the longer for just his lower body. That would be more fitting of a shorter Pohatu and would prevent his arms being longer than his legs. Antroz works, good usage of Toa Metru legs as arms, that gives him good proportions I think.

And Takanuva is EASILY the best set this year. :classic:

I don't get the Hydraxon argument, when I bought Hydraxon I knew he was all black/silver except for his fingers. The only CGI problem with him is that central body piece ,the PIraka foot, I thought it was going to be a new style of Piraka foot (if you look, the webbed toes appear armored and no longer webbed) but the piece was the same. Oh, well.

Oh, and actually, I think the order of Takanuva's journey is BL10, The Kingdom, The Journey of Takanuva, and then Dark Mirror. I recall Greg saying that Dark Mirror comes after the Journey of Takanuva.

EDIT: Ack! Beaten while typing my post--that's what I get for typing a long post like this!

Anyway, I read it, and I thought it ended well considering its length and the fact that it is a free bonus story. I really like this idea, however, though I had pictured it differently. My way would probably have resulted in a book, though. Just the thought of the Kingdom gave me the freaky idea of the Makuta controlling an underworld beneath the Kingdom, mutated into even more powerful dangers, threatening the sinking island... But to resolve that would take more time than Greg Farshtey has to spare on a bonus story, lol.

VK

I have my Hydraxon box in front of me as I type, and it looks gunmetal to me.

No, giving Metru arms does not mean good proportions. Better than the abomination that is being called "Pohatu"'s, but not that much better. Arms still hang past knees. Shoulders are too wide. Body is too thin.

And VBBN...you're a little late if you think that's new, though I'm not sure if that's been posted yet. :classic:

Oh yeah, could someone convert copy that RTF into their post or change it to Word? RTF refuses to open on my comp. :)

Edited by Icesaber

I absolutely love the kingdom series :sweet:

this year is great. story wise that is

i'm definatly getting jetrax even though some of the members here and at Bzp hate his new look, i think its bad megablocks

i'm sorry if any of you take offense to that word haha

definatly getting Onua,Tahu,krika,bitil and takanuva

maybe even axalara :cry_happy:

off topic: was the last day of school for me

BTW: VBBN we have seen that before even though i wished they released it :hmpf_bad:

Weird. Bohrok are dead Av-Matoran.

And why would Fe-Matoran be feeding the Piraka in The Kingdom?

Weird. Bohrok are dead Av-Matoran.

What? Where did you see that? :wacko:

And VBBN, man is that thing creepy. I wonder what it's a prototype of... :look:

What? Where did you see that? :wacko:

Swamp Of Secrets. When they reach the end of their lifespan, they turn into Bohrok and get teleported into the nest. Which I'm guessing means the Bohrok swarm was built up over a long time, and that Av-Matoran have relatively short lifespans.

Takanuva's info that he needs to bring to the Toa Nuva is that everything in Karda Nui will be incinerated when Mata Nui awakens. And the Codrex seems to be like a bomb shelter, although that's probably not its only function.

(The Codrex is the spherical building behind Tahu and Krika.)

There's more Swamp Of Secrets stuff on Bioniclepedia. Check it. :thumbup:

honestly don't see what you're seeing in him, Kal. Aside from the fact that he bears no resemblance to his canister form at all (not even any black, for Karzahni's sake), he's just as boring a build as you can get. Piraka torso. Limbs. Head. It's getting really tiring. default_sadnew.gif

Yeah, but he's better than what I thought he'd be from ToyFair pictures in Feb. I didn't like the mask image there, or in the later-released pics (I don't know if those were still prototypes, maybe it was the angle.) But I think the mask is improved here, I like its style. Body-wise, he's nothing new, but I am pleased that they gave him a forward-facing Piraka body like Toa Ignika, which I think is better than backwards facing ones unless you add something to them. Plus I like his proportions. So, it is not that I think he's a great set or anything (heck, I wouldn't even consider buying him alone, even if he came with weapons, etc.) but as an accompaniment to Jetrax that obviously adds to the 50 dollar price tag, he's not bad.

VK

how do you get to kingdom 2?]

Tyranide posted a downloadable version on the last page. If you have Adobe Reader, then just download that. :wink:

hi guys, not really into bionicle but found this and couldn't find it anywhere, so this may well be a new bionicle promo pic.

7216-2.jpg

Yikes, I've never managed to get Turaga Lhikan before! Maybe it's my chance to get him, if these promos will ever be imported to Russia. But it's interesting what's that another promo pictured on the top of the box. Awful legs, but maybe be kinda interesting.

And some pieces of news from my LEGO office. I think I can get my hads on Ignika keychains next week! I don't think that's really cool, but they'll be available only in August-September for the world.

And, maybe, just maybe, there'll be 6 Matoran and 2 Titans inthe first half of 2009. I really wouldn't pay much attention for such info, but nevertheless - that's some interesting crap!

That's all for now, stay tuned for more.

Clonie, I abso-frag-lutely LOVE you for this advice to look through Bioniclepedia. Swamp of Secrets' storyline is cool. Now I just need to find a guy who can scan it for me. Anyone's interested?

I don't think I'd want a scan of the book... I'll wait until I can order it. But it might be a good idea for those who can't get it.

EDIT: Or did you mean, is anyone interested in scanning it for you?

Well it's nearly June. Which means Australia will get the next comic soon. I shall provide scans.

Also, Krika's mask is the Kanohi Crast, the Mask of Repulsion.

Edited by Clonie

As for the Mata Nui dealie, looks like someone saved the photos and put'em in a video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftsLkXo4l8k

More:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MtTOP--GnW0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3zgAv5jaU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3zgAv5jaU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nio11-OnsxQ&feature=related

I'll post more as I find'em. Lego's doing a nice (but hopeless) job of removing these from Brickshelf and Youtube.

Why they can't ask ME to give them this video? XD

I've already got at least five messages from people who found my pic of Mta Nui on Brickshelf... I just made a screenshot of this video's page.

I don't think I'd want a scan of the book... I'll wait until I can order it. But it might be a good idea for those who can't get it.

EDIT: Or did you mean, is anyone interested in scanning it for you?

I will order this book in any case. Holding scans and real paper book is rather different things, aren't them?

I'm now blaming myself for this addiction to spoilers...

Well, since LEGO haven't managed to delete all copies of Final Countdown, I will post link to it.))

http://www.savefile.com/files/1551111

You are free to do anything you want with it. I've uploaded it onto one of our Russian video hosting sites, for example - http://rutube.ru/tracks/691013.html?v=5282...9e4ad5b70dd1cf7

Take the all the mistka vehicle + takanuva and combine these

What will rhat be? !

Take the all the mistka vehicle + takanuva and combine these

What will rhat be? !

A REALLY expensive megablocking pile of silver blades. :laugh:

Luckily though, they did toss a good bunch of other parts in there too this season, ugly action figures be damned.

That is definitely Photoshopped. I mean, his mask looks big. WAAAAAAAAY big.

Actually not so surprising, after the Brutaka set ;)