VBBN

Bionicle 2008 Images and Discussion

wow whats going on with those matoran in the areoplanes they're huge luckily they're prelimanary :-)

*vader* *vader*

this set is cool.

I know, I'm trying to get him ASAP. The only thing cooler than that set is the awesome background behind it. That Kraahkan, without Icarax in front, would make a superb wallpaper!

wow whats going on with those matoran in the areoplanes they're huge luckily they're prelimanary

There's more than one matoran in an air vehicle? Or are you talking about the canister-size sets in the vehicles?

Also, I don't think a Hewkii-Mahri style mask would be bad, I thought that was a great mask, though its size did not work too well with Hewkii's shoulder-blade armor, my brother has the set and the wideness of the mask got in the way.

VK

this set is cool.

Eh, not really sharing the love. The only thing that would even make me remotely want to purchase Icarax would be to get the mask of shadows that I missed out on back in 2003. To me, he's just another mediocre titan with a mediocre design. |-/

BTW, new info from the Greg Q&A topic on BZP revealed that the MOMN will NOT be in set form this year, and that there will be at least two more Matoran included with sets. So, this means that Maezeka is NOT the MOMN, and that it is possible that whatever the set is, may include a Matoran as well, as all the other sets have been seen, and we only have one so far (Vultraz). Unless there's an exclusive we have yet to learn about... *wacko*

Edited by Grevious

Excuse me? Let's try this again.

Edited by ~VBBN~

Actually, Hewkii Mahri was just a poor set - period. Hollowed out chest? bulbous yet skinny legs? Wide head? Horrid color scheme mixed together in no particular order (black/yellow/silver)?

Yeah. It was like they were trying to counter the upped sales for not making him brown by making him suck. A real letdown when put alonsgide sets like Jaller Mahri.

- Ravensomething.

Edited by Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn

Lol. What a spontaneous first post.

Then again, so spontaneous that I have no fuckin' idea who or what they're talking about lol.

My Walmart FINALLY got new sets in. The Pohatu sets were already gone, but I got his little orange buddy.

It's not the most complex build, but it's downright sexy compared to what the Metrutoran were. I think I like the little turd as much as I do Pohatu, which is weird, because none of the other current sets have caught my eye at all.

It would seem I'm not alone, as even though Pohatu was sold out, there was buttloads of everyone else. Same thing with the smaller sets... orange. Gone.

Go figure?

It would seem I'm not alone, as even though Pohatu was sold out, there was buttloads of everyone else. Same thing with the smaller sets... orange. Gone.

Dang. Now we'll never get brown back.

^???^

I think 2008 stinks in terms of these sets. WTF is up with vehicas? My mind has totally changed about these. I won't get any, unless lego doesn't make those tiny images, and make a damn brown set.

^???^

I think 2008 stinks in terms of these sets. WTF is up with vehicas? My mind has totally changed about these. I won't get any, unless lego doesn't make those tiny images, and make a damn brown set.

You'll have to live with no brown. Things change. If you can't get over that, you'll never make it in life.

-ZotS

I like the vehicles, but they seem more suited to Metru Nui. Here's my thoughts on each:

8698: Okay, I guess, but more effort could've been put into it.

8941: This looks more complicated, but it's boxy. The handlebars are a nice touch. "Rockoh" is a dumb name though...

8942: This one I really like. No boxiness, and it doesn't seem like blades are slapped on randomly like 8941 does. The pilot looks cramped, though.

8943: I like this one, too. I like the tri-wing design, and it looks sleeker than 8941.

You'll have to live with no brown. Things change. If you can't get over that, you'll never make it in life.

-ZotS

Well duh, I knew that. I was just saying, that TLC doesn't listen to the people. Anyways, I think change is good. I just think that yellow isn't very suited to brown. Tan perhaps?

Well duh, I knew that. I was just saying, that TLC doesn't listen to the people. Anyways, I think change is good. I just think that yellow isn't very suited to brown. Tan perhaps?

They're a business, they listen to money. Brown always sold the worst so they got rid of it. Now orange is seemingly selling out fast. Based on that It seems like brown advocates are a noisy minority.

Well, seeing as orange did sell well, they might change Bitil's colour to orange... although I prefer yellow. It adds more vareity.

-ZotS

Yeah, I remember the days of getting mass quantities of brown Bohrok and Pohatu for $3 in the bargain bins.

It's no wonder they deep-sixed brown.

Still, there's TONS of brown in System sets, so don't confine yourselves to JUST getting Bionicle sets.

They're a business, they listen to money. Brown always sold the worst so they got rid of it. Now orange is seemingly selling out fast. Based on that It seems like brown advocates are a noisy minority.
Yeah, I remember the days of getting mass quantities of brown Bohrok and Pohatu for $3 in the bargain bins.

It's no wonder they deep-sixed brown.

Still, there's TONS of brown in System sets, so don't confine yourselves to JUST getting Bionicle sets.

?????????????????????

I'm not singling you guys out, Harfo & Jinzo. But.............

It's just that Brown was hardest ones to find in the beginning of Bionicle, at least around here. I lost interest early because the stores only had the red sets. I can't stand that color. It's a pain in the eyes. I guess it reminds too much of some the horrible eye-infections I had in my early teens, all that blood in my eyes made everything look red. :-X

I'm guessing these things differ by region, as what set colors sell better. Because if they went by this area, they'd have changed the color of the red sets long ago. They don't sell here anyway, until the 2006 sets. Now it's the white ones that sit.

I'm not saying they have to bring brown completely back, but at least have sme brown in them. Like the head could be brown, for instance. If they're going to use Yellow and/or Keetorange, they should pair it up with Dark Purple, as those 2 colors at least make brown, plus they'd grab the eye with the contrast.

As far as tan goes, Dark Tan would look waaaaay better.

Ah well......

Edited by BrotherDog

I'm guessing these things differ by region, as what set colors sell better.

I dunno... I used to live in a very busy, very populated section of New Jersey. I regularly visited 3 or 4 Toys R Us, a few child-type toy sores, 2 Walmarts, a few drug stores...

...it was always Pohatu sitting there in the discount bins. Now that I think about it, even though the Bohrok Va sold out quickly, brown was always the last to go.

Then I moved to the sticks of Pennsylvania. Brown Bohrok... DOZENS of them. No other colors.

In both areas, white always seems to be the instant-sell color.

Hmmm....

Then again, I do live in Wyoming where people tend go with the UW colors, which are Brown and Yellow. I guess I didn't ake that into account. Many of us Gen-Xers like how Bionicle reminds us of Micronauts on many, but not all levels. Yes even the kids seem to go with their parents' school-spirit. So, now that I think about it, no wonder Brown sells well here.

But the stuff with white not selling didn't start until the Barraki. Not sure why that is. I think I bought the only Mahri Matoro sold in our WalMart.

Many of us Gen-Xers like how Bionicle reminds us of Micronauts on many, but not all levels.

*wub*

My first one was orange... a Pharoid with Time Chamber.

pharoid%20d%201.gif

Yeah, it was like Bionicle, in that I'd dissect them and swap their colors to make "new" figures lol.

Isn't that what the 'mocists' these days do anyway?

Nah, that's just what the 8-10 year olds that "call" themselves MOCists do. :-P And no, this problem is not exclusive to BZP: just look at all the kids on the official lego site who post silly "MOCS" like crazy at their awful message boards. And half of those guys probably don't even know what BZP or Eurobricks is... *wacko*

Edited by Grevious