Sign in to follow this  
_shaddow_

N°105 - Marowak

img_3388.jpg

Marowak used bonemerang! (cick the picture to access the gallery)

This guy right here have been pretty hard on me. The head have been a nightmare and I've built seven or eight different models using LDD and real bricks (and the Ruru was pretty expensive, but that's to be expected of misprint masks). The body was pretty simple even if I had to slim it down and make it shorter, and the hands were modified to fit the shape and size of the figure. My only real complain apart from limited articulation (but you can't do much more while keeping a decent balance between design and articulations at this scale, I feel) is the fact that you can't see the eyes while looking at the head from the front.

Oh and before I forget, the bone end design was inspired by Retinence's Cubone, and I've found a way to fix them myself.

As always, comments and critism are welcome !

img_3369.jpg

Edited by _shaddow_

Another great MOC! I'm not so sure about the Bionicle mask on the forehead because its more complex texture is kind of distracting compared to the more geometric textures of the rest of the model. Not sure whether there's anything you could swap it for that would have the same proportions, though.

I quite like Ruru here, it gives nice overall shape and makes the MOC whole lot interesting. Probably throwing a white boat stud under the forehead gap could improve its flow. Boat studs, in general, are awesome pieces.

I always love seeing great Pokemon mocs! It looks great, though I agree that the SW shoulder piece would probably work better than the Noble Ruru.

Sorry for the delay in my answer, I thought I had answered the comments already.

Another great MOC! I'm not so sure about the Bionicle mask on the forehead because its more complex texture is kind of distracting compared to the more geometric textures of the rest of the model. Not sure whether there's anything you could swap it for that would have the same proportions, though.

Thanks, I see where you're coming from, but the texture doesn't bother me, since it's supposed to be bone instead of actual skin, I can see it looking different, althought I agree the forehead gap isn't particulary pretty.

The SW add-on could work.

I always love seeing great Pokemon mocs! It looks great, though I agree that the SW shoulder piece would probably work better than the Noble Ruru.

Thanks ! The pauldron doesn't work and has quite a different shape when you actually compare the two. the head would be difficult to adapt to this piece anyway since it has been built with the Ruru as the base, and I prefer the Ruru's section to the star wars add-on's.

I quite like Ruru here, it gives nice overall shape and makes the MOC whole lot interesting. Probably throwing a white boat stud under the forehead gap could improve its flow. Boat studs, in general, are awesome pieces.

Thanks, that's a good idea, and I did try it but there isn't enough room for it to sit inside. The only way it can fit is letting it loose and there is no friction to help it stay in place sadly.

Please excuse the double post but since I've filmed a video of the MOC, I thought I might as well post it in this topic. Also, please note that the video is in french, but it might still be worth a look to see some parts of the MOC in more details, including the insides of the body.

Edited by _shaddow_