Sign in to follow this  
Vorkosigan

MOC: Cross Section of a Castle Under Siege

This is fantastic! This is the exact thing why I love LEGO so much! Truly truly awesome.. You have taken all the right parts during a siege. I love the kettle with oil, or whatever nasty busisness, the most.. Great job!

Wow! It looks just like those cross-section images in the non-fiction castle books in my library.

looks like you got inspiration from Stephen Biesty :laugh:

bigCastle.jpg

Edited by Gianluca Morelli

Love it. this would be a great way to display different minifigs too.

@Sneeuwwitje, fun fact from my limited medieval historical knowledge, oil was too expensive to use to drop on enemies and instead they'd chuck down rocks on their attackers.

Great MOC. Love the hoarding on the ramparts.

@Sneeuwwitje, fun fact from my limited medieval historical knowledge, oil was too expensive to use to drop on enemies and instead they'd chuck down rocks on their attackers.

Or, if you have lots, boiling water.

Really cool castle, i especially like your interiors: all wel executed, and in a style i really love.

Or, if you have lots, boiling water.

I think we saw that during History. But they only did it when they had a way to regain it, by well or rain.

Thanks everyone for the many kind comments!

Wow! It looks just like those cross-section images in the non-fiction castle books in my library.

looks like you got inspiration from Stephen Biesty :laugh:

You uncovered my secret!

Love it. this would be a great way to display different minifigs too.

According to this wiki (with citations) heated oil was used with murder holes although perhaps not as often as cheaper weapons (it is supposed to be oil pouring down in the MOC).

https://en.wikipedia...thermal_weapons

"Oil of various kinds could be heated to high temperatures and poured over an enemy,[70] although, since it was extremely expensive, its use was limited, both in frequency and quantity.[21][40] Moreover, it could be dangerous and volatile. Since the smoke point of oil is lower than its boiling point, the oil was only heated and not boiled."

Edited by Vorkosigan

The interiors are great! Looks like that dragon knight is in a tight spot! So much detail! The gate and figs look great too!