Sign in to follow this  
_shaddow_

N°260 - Swampert

img_3317.jpg

Swampert used Ice Punch! (click the picture to access the gallery)

So, yeah, here is my favourite Pokémon, Swampert, finally done after years of telling myself I needed to do it. It's far from perfect, and I'm sure I'll improve it again since I'm never entirely satisfied, and this is even more true since this is, as I said, my favourite Pokémon. I do want to include a working mouth again, as I was forced to remove it to improve the neck articulation. I don't have many things to say about it, but I really like to work with this kind of things, using weird SNOT and other things to obtain the shapes I want.

Comments & Criticism are very welcome ! Oh, and, one last thing :

img_3346.jpg

A wild Pokémon appears!

Edited by _shaddow_

This is one of my favourite designs in recent times. I can't imagine how to even begin designing Pokemon in LEGO, and you did an outstanding job! Honestly there is simply no better way, at least that I can think of, to capture Swampert's look.

Do you plan to do anymore?

Thank you ! You might want to keep checking around here soon since there may be more to come, as the second picture hinted.

brick-break-4ee1b84.jpg

Swampert uses Brick Break ! (Click the picture to access the Flickr album)

While this is no Mega Evolution, my Swampert MOC did evolve ! Here is the second version of Swampert, with a rundown of what have changed :

- The structure of the body has been remade, and the body is now one module longer, more solid and smoother, to look as organic as possible.

- The legs are actually good this time ! No more ankle tilt, since it didn't serve any actual purpose, but better looking legs, which are more faithful to the official design.

- Thinner, more articulated arms. They may look a bit worse at the elbow, but the articulation and the thinner look is worth it.

- New whiskers design, which look like they're attached to the head. I could also use Unikitty's horn but I feel like this spike is more dynamic, even if it's a bit less faithful to the design.

The only things that didn't change are the main fin and the upper part of the head, really. I may build a base that would look like the Earthquake attack, and do a new design for the Ice Punch, But as I've said on Flickr, I won't do that now, as I want to work on another Pokémon creation first.

So, what do you think about this upgrade ? I'm still not 100% satisfied, and will probably never be, but I'm still pretty happy about how this turned out.

Wow... He looks AMAZING! He looks just like an actual (as actual as pokemon get) pokemon! OMG, just sittig here makes me want to go your home, break in, steal swampert and set him up! IT'S THAT GOOD. You know what? Here's a quote to show you how good it is: "It' finger lickin' good."