Sign in to follow this  

An entry into the Castle Goes to Space contest on classic-castle. Check it out here: link,

I chose to redesign the set 6899, Nebula Outpost, into a castle watchtower. Credit for the ballista design goes to Jacob Nion :thumbup:

Small wooden watchtowers are often found slightly outside of Mitgardian villages and towns, situated on a high point in the landscape to give early warning of any sort of threat:

overview.JPG

Set it's based off of:

set.jpg

left.JPG

right.JPG

figs.JPG

Thanks for looking, I plan on focusing more on GoH builds in the next few months :classic:

My favorite Explorian set. I had like 4 of these back in the day. Nice work on the tower and snow as always.

Very nice build, you did a great job castleifying that space set! I particularly like the angled spears and flags instead of laser beams! Nice technique for the ladder too, though it looks rather difficult to climb!

I'm not familiar with the space set, but your tower looks great! Very cool roof combined with a good underpart and Nice snow!

Great entry for the CC contest SK. I'll echo the comments about the angled spears, they're a great touch. :thumbup:

Nice little watchtower, SK!

The snow is great, as are the structure and supports of the tower! The remake of a space set in Mitgardia is a neat idea!

My favorite Explorian set. I had like 4 of these back in the day. Nice work on the tower and snow as always.

Thanks Blufiji, looks like a good set to have multiples of :classic:

Very nice build, you did a great job castleifying that space set! I particularly like the angled spears and flags instead of laser beams! Nice technique for the ladder too, though it looks rather difficult to climb!

Thanks! Yeah, I liked the touch with the spears, and agree with you about the ladder, looks nice, not so practical :laugh:

Very nice redesign!

Thanks!

Just so awesome. Amazing job, man!

Thanks Graham :classic:

Nice redesign!

Thanks LV!

Great snow-melts..!

Thank you :classic:

Very neat little build. I also had this explorian set way back as a kid. the snow looks great here.

Thanks MN, I was really pleased with this snowscape.

I'm not familiar with the space set, but your tower looks great! Very cool roof combined with a good underpart and Nice snow!

Beautiful - I like the snow/ice combination!

Thanks, I always enjoy building a nice wintry scene :classic:

Excellent little build! The snow is great and I like how you did the angled supports :thumbup:

Thanks John!

Ooo, nice tower. Also, I like the snow and figs.

Glad you like it :classic:

Great entry for the CC contest SK. I'll echo the comments about the angled spears, they're a great touch. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Lovely figures and the set is so great! The roof with snow and ice on! Wow! Well done SK!

Thanks dG :sweet:

Fine tower - and the snow is good (once again).

Thank you!

Great build. Like the others I think the snow and ice technique works really well.

Thanks, I've tried a decent amount of snow techniques and like this best.

Nice little watchtower, SK!

The snow is great, as are the structure and supports of the tower! The remake of a space set in Mitgardia is a neat idea!

Remarkable similarities! "I say, good show!"

Thanks!