Capn Frank

Captains Corner: Talk with Pirate Staff

Hello Pirates!

The staff will use this topic to announce any changes to the Forum or give news about upcoming contests and events.

In this topic, feel free to:

• Discuss how this forum is organized. We would love to hear what you like or what you would like to see improved.
    Provide suggestions for the forum to be run more smoothly.
    Discuss forum specific announcements and news.
    Ask any Pirate Forum questions here.
    For questions related to Eurobricks overall, please refer to the site's
FAQ and the Forum Information and Help Forum.

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

The Current Pirate Staff for this forum include:

Governor

photo-thumb-273.jpg

Mr. Phes

Pirate Moderator

photo-thumb-1037.jpg

Phred

Pirate Regulators

post-1037-0-76278700-1465835253.jpg

Kurigan

post-1037-0-47556500-1459353927.jpg

Skaforhire

Hi folks,

I remember a beautifull ship build by one of the many talented builders on this forum. It was a ship with a white hull and the mummy wing piece used at the rear of the cabin. I can't remember who build it or the name or type of the ship. Help is greatly appreciated.

I have expanded this topic to be a Longstanding Topic where comments or questions related to the Pirate Forum can be posted.

YES!! YAHAHA!!

Oh, uh, ahem. Sorry 'bout that. It's just that I'm very happy to see we now have a place to contact the forum staff because I've been wanting to do that very thing. Here's the deal: I want to include all 5 of you in a series of builds (largely unrelated) but I thought I ought to get everyone's permission first. Could we have pics of each of your complete sigfigs added to this thread, along with an ID of the individual parts?

I'd also like to see a complete list of all the Pirates staff in the history of EB. If someone could put that together I'd be delighted. Again, photos would be helpful but I suppose I could look them up... if I just knew who they were!

Thanks in advanvce.

Edited by Captain Dee

I thought I ought to get everyone's permission first.

I don't think you should need permission to use anyone's sigfig. If anyone's sigfig has been posted online, you leave yourself open to be whacked, canned, captured, shot,wedgied,or hung. :devil_laugh:

Could we have pics of each of your complete sigfigs added to this thread, along with an ID of the individual parts?

I think I told you everything for mine.

KB has a bunch of his clones in a recent MOC.

Here's a picture of Capt. Stabbin's latest sigfig:

viceroy.jpg

I am not certain about the other two. :look:

I thought it is a given pirate code that by entering a contest in the Pirate forum you automatically give permission for your sigfig to be used or abused in said contest entries. :classic:

I understand the use of others' sigfigs as it pertains to contests (like ToR in particular) but I'm talking about simply using them in MOCS - respectfully, of course, unless I have permission to make fun of them (and myself, naturally). I know how to make all the staff's sigfigs save Mr. Phes; I just checked his profile and he was last active Aug. 21 - just over a month ago. Captain Braunsfeld, if you're reading this, could you shed some light on the subject? You included Mr. Phes in your latest Captain Cookie MOC, and I'm just wondering if that is his official sigfig or if you took creative license when putting him together. (Is it just me, or is his head photoshopped? That eye patch looks like a digital alteration to me.) I've been searching through old material and haven't found anything yet. I'd like to ask again if anyone knows of a complete Pirates forum staff list - I want to dedicate something to you/them and I don't want to leave anyone out. I apologize for being so difficult to accomodate...

Captain Braunsfeld, if you're reading this, could you shed some light on the subject? You included Mr. Phes in your latest Captain Cookie MOC, and I'm just wondering if that is his official sigfig or if you took creative license when putting him together. (Is it just me, or is his head photoshopped? That eye patch looks like a digital alteration to me.) I've been searching through old material and haven't found anything yet. I'd like to ask again if anyone knows of a complete Pirates forum staff list - I want to dedicate something to you/them and I don't want to leave anyone out. I apologize for being so difficult to accomodate...

A simple thing turns complicated. pirate_laugh_new.gif

As to Mr. Phes I just took what I had and it was sufficiently close to his sigfig. (And I also think he has digitally changed the guy).

I've been using other people's sigfigs in my MOCs for quite some time now - and usually they were happy to appear. pirate_satisfied.gif

Kolonialbeamter is a frequent guest in my scenes.

A "Captain Dee" would probably have been included if anybody would know what this guy looks like. pirate_laugh2.gif

Complete list of staff? Feel free to scroll up. (That is: "Scroll up for the mystery tour" pirate_laugh2.gif to stay in the context of my recent MOC)

What was the question about? Ah, usage of other people's sigfigs.

I think it's fun and no problem (unless the sigfigs get presented in an offending way).

Working with those little bricks means that we all are looking for some inspiration (don't believe that all the furniture in the IKEA MOC of mine was unique).

Does that work out as an answer?

Does that work out as an answer?

Where did you get your torso?

19972044694_3c73ab966a_c.jpg

I would like to know too. :devil:

Captain Braunsfeld, thanks for the reply. Regarding Mr. Phes, I'm mostly curious about his correct torso. I couldn't find a picture of him except your scene, although one probably exists elsewhere. Also, I'm aware that there are only the five of you staffers currently, but I'm trying to figure out who else has served in the past. For example, wasn't Bonaparte onboard for a while or am I dreaming? Anyway, I'll see what/who I can come up with. Oh, and about this "Captain Dee" fellow - if I see him, I'll tell him to get busy...

...I'm trying to figure out who else has served in the past.

I will attempt to provide a semi-complete list.

Mr. Phes has been Governor/ Pirate Admin/ Classic Pirates Ambassador since the beginning of the Pirate Forum in 2005.

Bonaparte was heavily involved in the Pirate Forum for a long time and still provides regular support. I believe Bonaparte also has been a Classic Pirate Ambassador.

Virtually all of the Admin Staff have regularly supported the Pirate Forum.

We have not tracked who has been staff and when. Many EB members have moved from a Shipyard rank to Regulator to Moderator, and left. We all have had real life circumstances that change our availability to staffing Eurobricks.

• Captain Braunsfeld, Kolonialbeamter, and I have served the Pirate Forum since earlier this year.
    I was Regulator/Moderator, 2007 to 2009.
    Capt. Stabbin has been on staff since 2013.
    Darkdragon has had Shipyard Master as a secondary rank since 2013.
    Loui le Brickvalier served as Shipyard Master, 2014 to 2015.
    Big Cam was Moderator, 2010 to 2014.
    Admiral Croissant was Moderator, 2011 to 2015.
    Zorro who worked diligently for the Pirate forum and served 2009 until
he passed away in 2011. :cry_sad:
These others have served, but I am not certain when they served or for sure what their final rank was. :blush:

• Captain Green Hair (Currently known as Commander Red Hat)
    Suprkalle
    Erdbeereis
    Captain Blackmoor
    Captain Zuloo
    SlyOwl
    Mr. Tiber (‘Currently’ known as El Bucanero)
    Sting
    Evil Willy
    Scouty

Regarding Mr. Phes, I'm mostly curious about his correct torso.

I've been modelling the new gold conquistador armour since it became available a couple of years ago.

Thank you Phred and Mister Phes. That's just what I was looking for. I was aware of the contributions of most of them from browsing the archives; I'm also well aware of Zorro's efforts, and it's a good idea to share that link for other newer members. I suspect it will be rather difficult to list every Pirates staff member but this is nice. Now it's time for me to get busy. Thanks again.

You can spot those who have served by their past service pirate skull tag gallery_273_58_2437.png

I think there are different colors for different ranks. I was a News Scout a few of years ago.

Unfortunately Kolonialbeamter is no longer available to serve the Pirate Forum. I hope that he'll eventually return as an active pirate member and continue building his great MOCs. :pir-cry_happy:

Say it ain't so, Cap'n!

And here I've been wanting to build something for the whole group of you, him included.

Will his post be vacant or will someone else be stepping up?

I followed the link to his profile and saw he was last active in early September. By saying you hope he will "eventually return" do you mean we won't be seeing him in these waters at all?

All the best, KB, wherever those sails take you.

Edited by Captain Dee

Greeting fellow pirates,

Since last December, I've been working on updating the Pirate Master Index in brief moments of boredom. The updated the index is organized by content of topics (sets, MOCs, etc.) rather than type of topics (library, index, etc.). I packed more content into the index too using topics from the Long Standing Topics Index. It doesn't seem too overwhelming to me. :grin:

I have been using this version of the Master Index to find topics instead of the previous one, so those that use this index will hopefully find what you're looking for more easily.

LEGO Pirates Master Index

If you don't like it, go walk a plank. :sarcasm_smug:

...Or you could leave a comment here. :shark:

Well I just walked the plank. :grin:

Actually it looks great. There's definitely some new stuff since the last time I looked. With an index this good no one has any excuse for not being able to find things.

Phred, you've done a lot for this forum. :classic:

Captain Braunsfeld has stepped down from being a Pirate Regulator. :pir-look:

He is still active in the forum, so I'm glad to still see his quality builds and comments. :monkey:

Capt. Stabbin has stepped down from being a Pirate Regulator. It has been a pleasure to serve the Lego Pirate Forum with him, and I hope he now has some time to build more pirate MOCs. :thumbup:

Thanks again Capt. Stabbin.

Thanks to all the staff and members. It has been a real pleasure to serve the community for as long as I have. Hopefully I can find some time to build again, and maybe in the future serve to community once again.

Now time for me to walk the plankjollyroger.gif

Edited by Capt. Stabbin