Cjd223

Bricklinking Cavegod's UCS AT-AT

^Thank's, I gotta check 'em all :D. Just let's not loose the chain of this topic (that's why I suggested PM) ;)

Oh apologies then. I was carried away with tracking them down quickly the ones that came to my mind to make a prompt reply—though I just remember there are some others yet they are rather old (but still fascinating to see).

Here is a quick update since I have not posted for a while now. I have finished building the neck section of the AT-AT.

The neck was quite an easy build, given that LDD only had to generate a building guide for just over 300 pieces.

Sorry for not having pictures, but it is a small section.

The next section I plan on building is the infamous body section. However, before I do this, I have something to make.

The main reason for this update is to make a very special announcement. The announcement is that I am developing a legitimate instruction manual for this MOC as this post is being typed.

Now this is clearly a huge deal as much of the issues that come with the MOC are related to LDD, and they will soon be eliminated. I first must say that I have already spoken to Pete and granted me permission to develop and sell the manual publicly. I have not settled firmly on a price as I still have quite a bit left to do, but currently I am feeling $30 a copy as there is a huge amount of work going into this manual.

As for progress, I have completed the legs portion of the instructions, and am currently working on the body. As you can imagine, the body section is incredibly difficult to make due to its complexity, but I am about halfway done this section.

When it comes to a release date, I am really trying to get this instruction manual out before TFA comes out in theaters this December. I believe I will achieve this goal as I am making a lot of progress on "harder" sections to design a manual for.

If any of you are interested in a copy, please PM me and I will inform you the minute that the manual is done later this year. I will also likely contact you when I feel I am about a week away from completing it. As it stands, the legs and half of the body account for 250 pages, so expect a very lengthy booklet :laugh:

I will not post much more here about progress with the manual, but I will answer questions and PMs. I want to keep this as a bricklinking the AT-AT post, but I felt that this was a necessary announcement :)

Okay its been a while, and there is A LOT to discuss. Since my last update, I have finished the AT-AT!! This is a huge milestone for me, but currently it is disassembled in sections waiting for its display area to be complete.

The area I am referring to is my Hoth MOC (there will be a seperate thread for this). The AT-AT will stand there, attacking the rebels and obliterating them.

However, if you have not read earlier, I am building a SECOND AT-AT for the MOC! While at first this seemed like an awesome idea, I now realize there is not enough room for a second AT-AT, at least of that scale. There is also another problem, I have already built the head, neck, and body of the AT-AT. I have even experimented having a crashed AT-AT and there still is not enough room. There is no extra space for the MOC, it is on the biggest table I can use. So now I'm just stuck with one full AT-AT, and a head, neck, and body of the other.

Oh well, the important thing is that I FINALLY was able to finish an AT-AT designed by Cavegod (and yes I used my instruction manual ;). Now I just need to make the display area. Since I have no use for any of the parts in the second AT-AT, if someone wants them PM me and we can talk about it, I would rather have another 2500 bricks for my Hoth MOC than for a second AT-AT just sitting around incomplete.

@Cjd223 -> I can't PM right now but I'm interested in your extra AT-At parts. Let me know if you still have them.

Do not have them anymore

Hello everybody,

Can anyone support me with some pictures from the bottom of the head, please?

i just cant connect the single inverted slope in dbg to the double inverted slope - seems there is half a brick to much space...

did a workaround with some modified tiles....

thank you!

Edited by olf999

Follow this, I will.

Cavegoods is a really piece of art. Fragile but nothing but impressive as hell!