Covenant84

Lego rooms - show me yours!

We're about to decorate our new house and have a 'spare room' Approx 2m x 3m. It needs to fit a sofa bed for guests as well as being both a craft/ hobby room and a lego room.

So... any Ideas for using the space please? Show me how you store your lego, especially multi functional space. There's a doorway on the short wall and a window/radiator in the middle of a long wall opposite the door. Would be great to get some photos for ideas and inspiration! Thanks in advance

Edited by Covenant84

I have A LOT of small boxes to store them (20+) and most of the LEGO stays there. I have to share it with my homework and computer so sometimes bricks seem to hide themselves...

My sets that I 'use' for decorating like architecture and CUUSOO/IDEAS get the places on my shelf while city sets or most of my mocs are stored in empty boxes. I would have something like a table with maybe a small city like area if you want to show your LEGO. I have a swivel chair with a table all around me where the right if for computer and storing of LEGO, left for homework etc and the middle for LEGO building. And remember that you don't need to have it logical. I' thinking about a arch bridge from the left to the right side of the table.

So for me I suppose I have a lot of multi functionality in storing LEGO. I just use what I see.

Just some weird random solution works the best for me.

I haven't yet finished organizing mine.

Here are recent pics:

http://antp.be/temp/lego/WP_20150719_12_21_09_Pro_1.jpg

http://antp.be/temp/lego/WP_20150719_12_21_23_Pro_1.jpg

http://antp.be/temp/lego/WP_20150719_12_21_40_Pro_1.jpg

http://antp.be/temp/lego/WP_20150719_12_21_48_Pro_1.jpg

The "tower" on the right of the desk has been moved to the left, the CRT monitor moved to the right, a TFT replacing it, the PC on the desk gone (replaced by one under).

Now that the contents of the desk doesn't reach a big height, I have to add a shelf above the desk to store more things there :D

I should reorganize all drawers to have a few of each parts (most useful ones) near the desk for easy reach, and all remaining/others either in the big drawers of the first pic, or in boxes elsewhere for those in larger quantities. But I'm afraid on how many hours that would take me for doing that :D

Edited by antp

We just moved into a new place, and for the first time I have a real Lego room. Well, it's more of a crawlspace, but still. My modular street is displayed upstairs; everything else will have a place in my Subterranean Lego Paradise. I just moved my stuff in (and I have a bit that I still need to move in, so this isn't everything), but I intend to do lots with the space--including rebuilding sets that I couldn't display before (my wife loves my town, but wasn't as fond of, say, Power Miners in our living room), adding a small building table anda cushion to sit on, getting a small board scooter so I can move around without crawling, and more. Here are the beginnings of my Lego crawlspace:

i0vh0AE.jpg

As you can see, it's not yet a place that will help you out very much; however, I've been making the transition from boxes to drawers (I think you can see one of them behind me), and that has saved a lot of space. Now that space isn't at a premium I won't be making the switch quite as quickly--but I still intend to do so eventually, as drawers make for a compact and convenient use of space. To my right you can also see sliding containers; if you have couches in your Lego room this is a great solution, as well.

Edited by Tea Weevil

I hopefully should have my lego room completed for christmas, Thats the plan anyway. Im only moving into my newly converted apartment this weekend. I done all the work myself, Started last november and really didnt plan on it taking 12mnths, So i put the lego room to one side so i could finally move in. But now i really want my lego room to be finished , Cant take anymore of this build

We just moved into a new place, and for the first time I have a real Lego room. Well, it's more of a crawlspace, but still. My modular street is displayed upstairs; everything else will have a place in my Subterranean Lego Paradise. I just moved my stuff in (and I have a bit that I still need to move in, so this isn't everything), but I intend to do lots with the space--including rebuilding sets that I couldn't display before (my wife loves my town, but wasn't as fond of, say, Power Miners in our living room), adding a small building table anda cushion to sit on, getting a small board scooter so I can move around without crawling, and more. Here are the beginnings of my Lego crawlspace:

As you can see, it's not yet a place that will help you out very much; however, I've been making the transition from boxes to drawers (I think you can see one of them behind me), and that has saved a lot of space. Now that space isn't at a premium I won't be making the switch quite as quickly--but I still intend to do so eventually, as drawers make for a compact and convenient use of space. To my right you can also see sliding containers; if you have couches in your Lego room this is a great solution, as well.

That is awesome, the crawlspace bit makes it sooo much more like a grown up version of a kids lego fort.

Nice space!

I too have a Lego crawl space although mine is a little higher up in the building than yours, I keep finding it getting very messy though because there is really only room for crawling or lego... stuff involving both gets a bit difficult!

I like the scooter board idea, I was thinking I would try and make a low table with wheels so I could move the lego and I would stay in one space... and a cushion sounds like luxury, I just have a folded blanket so far :-)

We're about to decorate our new house and have a 'spare room' Approx 2m x 3m. It needs to fit a sofa bed for guests as well as being both a craft/ hobby room and a lego room.

So... any Ideas for using the space please? Show me how you store your lego, especially multi functional space. There's a doorway on the short wall and a window/radiator in the middle of a long wall opposite the door. Would be great to get some photos for ideas and inspiration! Thanks in advance

I also have a similar sized space for guests complete with sofa bed (pulls out to become two singles) tbh I don't have much room for lego in there so I moved mine out since I thought the guests would mess it up... but I recently bought an IKEA fold down table with the idea it would be good for LEGO and other crafty things... except I rather spend my time in the rooms of my flat with better light and better views, so I am not sure I would ever want to use it.