belkor

[MOC] First Order TIE Fighter

This is just a new colour version or my previously posted TIE Fighter. The cockpit window and hatch pieces have been taken from 75101 (and lush they are too).

This week I will be shortening the wings by 1 stud (each side) and adding the front canons.

RpZEBJj.jpgxeSvj2C.jpg0VRW6dH.jpgL1wTvvs.jpgzGvxLNR.jpgU7XeWwT.jpg

Wonderful Job! Ever sine I realized that there were two different versions of the Tie Fighter in TFA , I was wondering what it would look like to make a regular Tie out of the official Special Forces Tie. :)

Would you by any chance be able to share some instructions on how you built it?

I would love to be able to make it or something similar.

Great. Another reason for me to run out and grab 75101. This is so great, man! Have you considered swapping out the gray for white?

Thanx for the comments. Yeah I'm thinking of making the wings white, and possibly changing the cockpit to dark blue-ish grey (i.e. building a new one!). It's just a matter of making the investment in white plates and wedges (TIE wings aint cheap that's for sure). I also need to build the wings for my Interceptor.

The lxf file is available here http://www.brickshel...t-order-tie.lxf

Here are some side-by-side photos, taken with an OT Grey TIE and 75101. Unfortunately, I've only got one set of 75101 canopy pieces and so the standard FO TIE has the pieces from 75082 (which are clearly the wrong colour) whilst I sort a new set.

I prefer the Grey OT version myself.

lunJ19I.jpgn5Cce2Q.jpg3d6snWC.jpg68lG1en.jpgdrLRhao.jpg

Edited by belkor

That's one handsome trio, I also like grey better but I also think that regular FO TIEs won't have the red windshield so the only missing part on it is the black top hatch.

That grey OT Tie looks excellent, i had to do a double take to make sure it was lego on the first pic

I do hope Lego brings out more Ties with the current style of cockpits, they look perfect

The grey is amazing, the proportions are spot on; it does look like a movie miniature!

regards

Kenny

Edited by r5-j2

This is a really great build(all your TIE`s are special), I added cannons by opening up the missile "launchers" on my First Order TIE:-so a small black Technics piece could be pressed in (Lego is tough stuff.)

IMG_0021_zpsunv8utke.jpg

Edited by r5-j2

Your First order standard TIE Fighter inspired me to make my own. I based it on 75101 to make it similar to my official 75101 but I also liked the way 75101 attached the wings. I also made it 2 studs wider. Next up is giving my 75101 white panels as well.

22049230761_2f757c7375_b.jpgfotie1 by mordatre, on Flickr

Missing the red stripe, i think that's a defining feature of the 1st Order Tie Fighter. But overall looks great.

The red stripe is the designation of the Special Forces of the FO, so instead of an SF Tie (which has the rear guns/gunner), this is just a regular FO Tie.

For the original poster - I would like to build the grey tie fighter - do you have the parts list I need?

you can ping me directly - obrien.mitch@gmail.com

thanks - trying to get something uniqoue for my sons bday that is coming up.

Hi there,

Thanks for the request for the file. In my opinion there have been much better TIEs posted here since I did this (back in 2015).

But here is the link to the finished version, which has slightly shortened wing pylons and an improved connection to the solar panels:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/obi1000kenobi/TIE/first-order-tie-final.lxf

Cheers

Chris

Edited by belkor
improved sentences!