Sign in to follow this  
gads

Bugio's tower

indexed.gif B-OV-6D

Hello people!

Here it is. My newest MOC X-D

This construction was based on a lighthouse named "Forte de S�o Louren�o" (aka "Bugio's tower), located at the end of Tagus river where it meets the Atlantic Ocean (Lisbon - Portugal).

bugio-2.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/guilherme.m.santos/TorreDoBugio (google photo gallery).

Here's the real one.

275px-Forte_Bugio.jpg

It was the first time I have built "rounded walls", and I found out that it's much more complicated building such walls, than it look at first sight...

Finding the correct sizes and "roundiness" to plug all pieces together turned a simple task into a "nightmare"... but it was what gave all the fun :-D

I hope you like it, and suggestions are welcome ;)

Cheers!

Edited by Phred

Hello gads!

This is the first time I've met you so welcome at Eurobricks and thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation. It is creative and beautiful! *wub* I really like the way you utilized the three and 1 curve technique and the rest of the set is simple yet nice and detailed. Like a vintage town set! It's really good. I like it a lot. I especially like the roof of the first story, the observatory deck, I guess it would be. That is a very clever way to do that.

Thanks again for sharing. Your work is an inspiration! *sweet* *y*

A wonderful work, very lovely and accurate! Smart building techniques all the way! *y*

You should post here more; I love it! *wub* It's one of those MOCs that look almost like a photo when viewed as a thumbnail. I'm surprised how well the BURPs work. The passing cargo ship is a nice touch too! :-D

Welcome Gads!! That's a wonderful lighthouse!! *wub* It looks alot like the real thing.

I think you achieved a good brick structure using this technique. Well done!

About the cargo ship, is that an official set, or a MOC?

Would love to see more MOCs of you *sweet*

G

Thank you all for the comments :-D

By the way, I'm registered on Eurobricks for more than year! :-D

I just don't post often...

Yeah, the cargo ship is an official set ;)

It looks really good *y* . It's really close to the original thing you based it on. The shape must've been a hard thing to accomplish.