Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

What if the Blacks Seas Barracuda was bigger?

Yes indeed. But Lego could never make a set of me to do me any justice... Oh, you're refering to the BSB MOC aren't you? Ooops!

It wouldnt because it would be 300$ sets and therefor, they wouldn't be able to sell those set in sufficient volumes ;)

It wouldnt becaus eit would be 300$ sets and therefor, they wouldn't be able to sell those set in sufficient volumes ;)

I think it'd be around $150. Can't be more than 1500 pieces.

This is a breath taking ship by any standard ! It would be expesive if Lego made it, that's for sure. It ALMOST makes me wish Lego would move all manufacturing and assembly to CHINA to cut the cost in half, I said ALMOST wish.

bfs

It wouldnt because it would be 300$ sets and therefor, they wouldn't be able to sell those set in sufficient volumes ;)

Although they did produce the Imperial Star Destroyer and apparently The Death Star II is going to be even bigger...

It wouldnt because it would be 300$ sets and therefor, they wouldn't be able to sell those set in sufficient volumes  ;)

Although they did produce the Imperial Star Destroyer and apparently The Death Star II is going to be even bigger...

Same price, though.

It wouldnt because it would be 300$ sets and therefor, they wouldn't be able to sell those set in sufficient volumes  ;)

You completely miss the marketing size... The isd sold well because it was not mainnly bought by the AFOLs but by some integrist star wars fans like there are so many around the world...

If the ship was supposed to be a Frigate then the back is the right size. Although for asethetic purposes it may be desirable to make it bigger.

You completely miss the marketing size... The isd sold well because it was not mainnly bought by the AFOLs but by some integrist star wars fans like there are so many around the world...

Yeah. The only sets over $100 that really sold well were Star Wars, recently.

From my understanding The Imperial Star Destroyer was also a limited release like the Black Seas Barracuda re-release. Do we have any sales figures? Or anything to indicate how big this market size was?

If the ship was supposed to be a Frigate then the back is the right size. Although for asethetic purposes it may be desirable to make it bigger.

Yes indeed this is a Frigate, its name: HM Light Frigate Reciprocity

Is a good MOC...I like it...that may be the most powerful Lego ship I have seen...if Imperial guards have that ship instead of Imperial flagship they would be very powerful

That's quite an impressive ship!

I own 2 Black Seas Barracuda's, so I might be tempted to try something like this in the future.

That builder's other ships are amazing as well!

Ops. i thought my ship, the Predator was a fearsome ship but this ship i fear would blow me right out of the sea. its very well designed i think. have to go home and rebuildt my ship i think :-$

Only negative thing(if im correct now) ist that it have a covered Gundeck. and for a frigate in that style i cant get that to be right.a 20gun frigate usually had the guns on a open gundeck(in my memory at least) but again that could be me just wanting to find one bad thing to say. Great ship :) *y* *y*

Here is my ship. se how much better his ship look , more heigh above the water but look more natural.

hms_predator_lite.jpg Bigger pic here:

Predator

One of the errors of BSB was imo that its to low in the middle. look more like a 14th century ship than a 17th century ship. i tried to fix that but this ship does it MUCH better. Salute to you :-D

This unnamed frigate is a beautiful ship and his other ships are amazing as well.

I had already seen all these ships before and I personally think this man is currently the best ship builder I know, his ships are beautiful and very accurate in many aspects.

This unnamed frigate is a beautiful ship and his other ships are amazing as well.

I had already seen all these ships before and I personally think this man is currently the best ship builder I know, his ships are beautiful and very accurate in many aspects.

I am going to have to agree, and for whoever said the back was too small, it looks just right for a frigate.

I think it holds many more then 20 guns, thats why he has two decks (in response to 20 gun ships and duel decks) I have seen drawings of frigates with up to three gun decks, so two is not a stretch. Though most 20 gun ships only had one deck, but it looks like it holds more guns then that...

I am going to have to agree, and for whoever said the back was too small, it looks just right for a frigate.

I think it holds many more then 20 guns, thats why he has two decks (in response to 20 gun ships and duel decks) I have seen drawings of frigates with up to three gun decks, so two is not a stretch. Though most 20 gun ships only had one deck, but it looks like it holds more guns then that...

There arent any more gunports as i can see. thats why i called it a 20gun frigate. but of course someone could buildt a covered gundeck to get the guns out of influence of weather.

it would look more right to me if he had placed some more guns on the topdeck. in that case it would be a two decker with about 26-28 guns. but a great ship neverless

There arent any more gunports as i can see. thats why i called it a 20gun frigate. but of course someone could buildt a covered gundeck to get the guns out of influence of weather.

it would look more right to me if he had placed some more guns on the topdeck. in that case it would be a two decker with about 26-28 guns. but a great ship neverless

yeah for some reason my edit didnt go through right it just quoted me... i came back and said that after further looking at it, he doesnt extend the top deck all the way, if he had it seems it would be a 32 gun ship.