Sign in to follow this  
Actionfigure

MOC: Alexandrine Parakeet Chick

I love this little guy! All of these are so impressive. I've never been good at sculpting with bricks. I usually find a weird piece and get inspiration from how it fits with others. Do you have any tips for us less evolved builders about making that perfect shape?

Thanks.

I love this little guy! All of these are so impressive. I've never been good at sculpting with bricks. I usually find a weird piece and get inspiration from how it fits with others. Do you have any tips for us less evolved builders about making that perfect shape?

Thanks.

Thank you very much!

I had to think about it.

I start vice versa.

At first I decide what I would like to build. I always start with the face and reflect wich bricks could be used/combined for eyes, noses, beaks (the difficult parts). Mostly I have an idea before I touch a brick. But sometimes it is just trial and error.

I build the body top-down. But that is not important. I think you should just build in one "direction". So you are always able to match the bricks you are adding right now with the shape of the parts you have already built. The sculpture growes this way smoothly in one direction.

I hope I can help you a little bit.

Awesome, the feet and fingers are almost identical to its real life counterpart. And it looks really cute together with its chick. :classic:

Edited by Sorrelon

Awesome, the feet and fingers are almost identical to its real life counterpart. And it looks really cute together with its chick. :classic:

Thank you very much! :classic:

I used to feed them at my window. So I had the chance to study them!

https://www.flickr.c...05/20937574024/

The neighbours don´t want me to do it anymore. :sad:

I heard they live in Turish parks as well?

Edited by Actionfigure

Thank you very much! :classic:

I used to feed them at my window. So I had the chance to study them!

https://www.flickr.c...05/20937574024/

The neighbours don´t want me to do it anymore. :sad:

I heard they live in Turish parks as well?

Hmm, while there are lots of pigeons, sparrows and doves in the parks, I can't say I saw any parakeets there. Actually, I'm quite surprised to hear that they live out in the nature in Germany, as I think the weather might be quite cold for them. It fled from a petshop or another owner perhaps? Shame that your neighbours don't want you to feed it. :sad: Hope you can convince them otherwise, or maybe find a way to feed it in your flat.

Actually, I'm quite surprised to hear that they live out in the nature in Germany, as I think the weather might be quite cold for them.

They only appear in the cities in the lower, warmer areas in Germany.

It fled from a petshop or another owner perhaps?

Yes, they did! Back in the 80s! The ring-necken parakeet is native to Germany now.

The alexandrine parakeet is not so well established yet. But I hope they will prosper!

Edited by Actionfigure

Awww,the tiny Parakeet Chick looks amazing and cute.Many think Parrot (and related Birds) Chicks look ugly,but i like them.

And that large Parakeet is gorgeous.

How did you manage to build the Connection of the larger Birds Tail to the Body so it won`t break off?And can the Heads be turned (maybe with a Turntable Piece or some simple Lego Technic Mechanism) or are they just build angled?

Shame that your neighbours don't want you to feed it. :sad: Hope you can convince them otherwise, or maybe find a way to feed it in your flat.

Unfortunately there will be no chance to convince them.

It is not a single bird! There are up to 40 parrots on a cold day!

But they only come twice a day.

Awww,the tiny Parakeet Chick looks amazing and cute.

Thank you very much!

And can the Heads be turned (maybe with a Turntable Piece or some simple Lego Technic Mechanism)

Yes, exactly. It's a lego technic pin.

How did you manage to build the Connection of the larger Birds Tail to the Body so it won`t break off?

Well, it's normally attached and just lying on the ground. :classic:

Edited by Actionfigure