Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

Nyx Glade Ruins

Another build in the collab. I was really happy with my first go at the Nyx Glades, and I wanted to do some refinement of the landscaping, so this is how this came about. Enjoy the pics and if you guys are interested, more shots are available by clicking my flickr link. I only wanted to post what was necessary here. As always C&C welcomed and appreciated!

After the massacre at a small outpost along the edges of his domain, Gal Turok ordered his most veteran troops, some coming fresh off the Kaliphilin Civil War, back in to rid the region of all signs of the insurgency. The second campaign of the Nyx Glades was a brutal affair, costing hundreds of lives and countless amounts of resources, but nonetheless, the Goblin Empire prevailed. However the main battles are yet to be fought and time grows short. An elite company, made up of veteran goblin soldiers and mercenaries of various tribes in Nocturnus is making it's way down to the front lines through the back country of the swamp. They are being guided by a group of Crocodiles, as they are excellent at navigating the more dangerous waterways that remain less traveled. They haved reached the edge of the Nyx Glades, where a Goblin Fortification from the First Campaign lies in ruins. It has been taken over by the Nikrit tribe, masters of this part of the world.

20953385073_028a696c75_c.jpg

21563226252_e17511a741_c.jpg

21563226002_3a64b6ff78_c.jpg

21387601249_55802d8b94_c.jpg

Wow, that is a lot of 1x1 dark green bricks...

Stunning, absolutely stunning! One of the most unique and well-built landscapes I've seen in awhile! :wub:

Wow, that is a lot of 1x1 dark green bricks...

Stunning, absolutely stunning! One of the most unique and well-built landscapes I've seen in awhile! :wub:

When I was building this, the 1x1 green bricks took up the majority of my BL orders. It's about 800 1x1's and roughly 200 2x2's jammed in there. Thanks guys for your feedback.

That's on beautiful landscape! Reminds me somehow of Star Wars. :laugh:

But with the lights on it's just freaking awesome! Love it.

This is amazing!! The ruins look great, but the swamp plants really steal the show here! I love all the different, crazy shaped fungi!

This is truly a unique landscape and the little barges/boats over the murky dark green water is just amazing. More builds please!

Oh, waw. Could someone add you to the 'Historic guides and indices, section landscaping' please?

That lit up shot... :oh: It looks almost like fireworks - definitely a good thing! Excellent work with the terrain too!

Magnificent landscape *huh* So fantastical and well suited to Nocty :thumbup:

The castle is excellent as well, simply a stunning build :classic:

It's funny, this is exactly what most people expect from Nocturnian landscape. But I can't remember to have seen such an impressive forest of fungus before in GoH.

I love the whole scene, especially how the rafts are slowly and silent drifting on the swamp water, and every moment an ambush beneath the fungus could happen. The ruin is also a real eyecatcher. It fits excellent in the landscape and I like the courtyard.

Thank you all for the feedback. I'm glad your guys are enjoying me bringing a different perspective to Nocturnus, as I'm having a blast doing it.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

That is truly a gorgeous piece. Landscape, boats and ruins are amazingly combined.

The way the plants light up is phenomenal!

This has a wonderful, gloomy beauty to it - the epitome of fantasy landscaping! The atmosphere, with the rafts slowly moving through the swamps has been captured perfectly - I can almost hear the sounds in my head... :cry_happy::thumbup:

If I may dare to offer one suggestion (not that this really needs improvement), it seems a little odd that the ruins aren't more overgrown, considering how lush the terrain around them seem.

Great work! Always exciting to see more of the Darklands!

Absolutely amazing build, Blufiji! The foliage is of course beautiful, especially in the lit up picture :wub:

Fantastic work on the ruins too, the dark tan goes very well with light bley :thumbup:

Awesome Nocturnian vegetation and landscape Blufiji, excellent work with the ruins as well, and the dark green swamp is very nice! :sweet: Really fantastic job with the lighting too, and the rafts creeping up (or down?) the river give it a tense feel which suits it very well! :thumbup:

This has a wonderful, gloomy beauty to it - the epitome of fantasy landscaping! The atmosphere, with the rafts slowly moving through the swamps has been captured perfectly - I can almost hear the sounds in my head... :cry_happy::thumbup:

If I may dare to offer one suggestion (not that this really needs improvement), it seems a little odd that the ruins aren't more overgrown, considering how lush the terrain around them seem.

Great work! Always exciting to see more of the Darklands!

Well, to answer your question/suggestion, it can be summed up in two ways. Either the fortress's stone flooring prevents as much fungus from taking root OR I ran out of parts. I'll let you decide haha. Thank you guys again for your awesome comments!