Sign in to follow this  
Heksu

PTV 2015 Large: Islander Chief's Mysterious Cave

The circle goes around...

Pirates decided to hide their newest loot. They rowed to the unknown island to find a place for their treasure. It was getting dark already, but they still managed to find a cave that looked like a perfect hiding place. But even for the stern pirates it was shocking to see what was going on inside...

21562050542_ed00267f0e_z.jpgIslander Chief's Cave by Heikki Mattila, on Flickr

In this creation I have used lighting kit made by a company called Brickstuff.

Edited by Phred

Necromatic, cannibalistic islanders! I love it! :pir-wub:

It makes so much more sense as to why King Kahuka has a wand/magic stick thingy.

I'll steal that idea when I get the chance. :pir-wink:

Were you enspired by the Indigo island? The totem with the red tongue is just amazing. Is it licking its stone lips seeing the incoming supper?!!! Why not to add red spots or lights to its eyes?

Spooky stuff, if it were me I'd peg it back to the ship with the treasure! I like the use of the lighting, subtle and effective :-)

Heksu, you know what?!! The Islandes appeared in 1994. So I think the skeletons are dancing so merrily because they are celebrating Kahuka's 21 birthday!!! And the pirates' treasure chest is a perfect gift. well, happy birhday to King Kahuka.

And Indigo Island appeared in 1995, I think and it was the largest set of the Islanders.

Heksu, you know what?!! The Islandes appeared in 1994. So I think the skeletons are dancing so merrily because they are celebrating Kahuka's 21 birthday!!! And the pirates' treasure chest is a perfect gift. well, happy birhday to King Kahuka.

And Indigo Island appeared in 1995, I think and it was the largest set of the Islanders.

Oh, now I see, Staslegomaster! It's all about birthday party. :D

Okay, I have used to call the biggest set as "Enchanted Island". But the beloved child has many names. :)

Hi, Heikki. I don't stop admiring your creation. There are really many names, but I meant 6278 (1994). By the way, mom visited many places in beautiful Finland, one of them was Mattila, just as your surname. Do you live there? Waiting for your updates.

That's nice to hear, Staslegomaster! Did your mom like Finland? I have born in Northern Ostrobothnia (Western Finland), there we have a place called "Mattilanperä". I have lived near that place.

Edited by Heksu

This one has a decidedly dark, sinister atmosphere to it that is enhanced by the lighting. If I were those pirates I'd be screaming too... and running like a bullet in the opposite direction.

I really like the expression of the statue head.