Sign in to follow this  
AC_

[K - A06] Treasure Hunting

Tags: Exploration

^ I'm not really sure what tags to give this as I don't think it quite counts for any of them really.... I just felt this story had to be done inspired by International Talk Like a Pirate Day yesterday. Please note, the office was featured in my previous entry and should not be judged.

AC had called a few members of his construction crew to his office on board his ship to discuss their latest assignment.

20949234173_2d2034dd99.jpg

[Michelle] Lloyd says he'll be here in a second.

[AC] Okay. Despite a few setbacks, we've been complemented on the work we've put in so far with Kawashita's plans in Andromeda, but we're not finished yet.

At this point Lloyd enters the office.

21559089422_8a908504b0.jpg

[Lloyd] Ahoy me hearties!

[AC] Why on Orinshi are you dressed like that?

[Lloyd] It be Intergalactic Talk Like A Pirate Day! So I'm getting into the spirit of things.

[Dave] I think you'll find that the 19th of Septembrinali was yesterday.

Lloyd removes his hat in disapointment.

21382313080_936194c751.jpg

[Lloyd] Dang.

[AC] Anyway.... We're on our way back to Guinevere. We've been asked to do some work on a gold mine that's being set up.

Lloyd replaces his hat on his head with enthusiasm.

20947592194_da44545219.jpg

[Lloyd] So we'll be digging up gold and buried treasure! That's close enough to Talk Like a Pirate Day for me!

[AC] Not quite, but I'm glad your enthusiastic about it. It's a damned hot planet again and there'll be alot of work involved.

They all depart to get prepared for their assignment and Lloyd imagines what it would be like to be an old fashioned pirate digging up buired treasure on Guinevere's deserts.

21559085702_5ca7f2a8b8_c.jpg

Edit: Just thought I should add a shot of the terrain with no loose parts or Minifig, which is in the spoiler below.

21383506108_ee3505502e_c.jpg

Edited by AC_

Look at that gold! *oh2*

My pirates must have lower quality standards than yours, as mine have to settle for grubby, nearly chromeless ones!

Edited by rodiziorobs

I like the hole in the ground effect you achieved. Very well done!

Thanks, I think this is my first proper attempt at something like this with slopes. My previous attemp at landscaping like that just used bricks stacked around a few BURPS.

That's one way to get gold for your corporation.

Yeah, hope it counts. I didn't have time to build any more this week and I wanted to incorporate Talk Like a Pirate Day somehow.

Look at that gold! *oh2*

My pirates must have lower quality standards than yours, as mine have to settle for grubby, nearly chromeless ones!

These are my only ones like this, still attached to the sprue. None of the ones I've got from before I was an AFOL are in this condition.