Sign in to follow this  
peedeejay

[MOC] Modular Tailor

Hey everyone,

I would like to present my newest modular building: A modular tailor.

The building features a tailor on the lowest level with a variety of clothes, fabrics and hats. There is also a fitting room. The middle level contains a studio where the precious clothes are being handmade or by the help of sewing machines. The upper level is where the owners live.

This time I wanted to also create an interesting backside of the building even though it is mostly hidden the way I display my modulars...

Statistics

Parts: 4742 (mainly because of the many tiles and the 460 1x2 medium dark flesh bricks)

Build time: around 45h within LDD and 8h with real bricks

Bricklink orders: 19

Below you can find a selection of images. All of them can be viewed here: http://www.kawano.de...lor/tailor.html Again a building instruction is available for purchase for those who would like to build it themselves!

Tailor_1_t.JPG

Tailor_2_t.JPG

Tailor_3_t.JPG

Tailor_7_t.JPG

Tailor_10_t.JPG

Tailor_15_t.JPG

Tailor_17_t.JPG

Tailor_20_t.JPG

Very well done! I love the red-brown front facade area. Especially the tiles on the SNOT bricks on the bottom. I may have to "borrow" that idea. Very clever.

Nice part usage for the sewing machines. I like the desk with the tailor and the fabrics on the wall.

I've been meaning to do a roof in an olive green, I just haven't figured out how I wanted to do the rest of the building. I like how it looks with the roof colors and window design. I'm not sure how well it works with the med nougat color though.

Something seems off with the right side lower level stone area with the stairs. I can't put my finger on it. But the rest of the building is a keeper. Great job on the interior also.

Do you keep all of these buildings together or take them apart to build new buildings? It'd be interesting to see your street.

Hier ist alles super! And it looks like the storeroom on the 1st floor needs some serious cleanup. :tongue:

This is a really, really well-designed modular - like lightningtiger said, it looks very official, it could very well have been a set. I love your colour combinations - there's some surprising ones here, is that black and dark green for the awnings at the back? I wouldn't have figured that could look so good against the dark tan - and I'm actually glad you didn't go for masonry bricks all the way around, but restricted it to those limited spots on the facade. It's just enough.

I also like the way the access to the top-floor apartment goes through the building and around the back, externally, that's brilliant. And your interiors? What's not to like there...? :)

Again, really, really well done. Applause!

Ditto! This is first class in design and real life bricks! The machines are perfect, and the tile floors look wonderful. Way to go!

Looks great! I particularly like the shopfront and the solution for the access to the upper floors, including the supports for the overhanging part of the walkway. On the inside, my favourite is the ground floor, especially the cabinet behind the counter and the flooring.

Wow! What a great build! Love all the details.

Has a London tailor shop 'vibe' about it.

Thanks everyone!

I've been meaning to do a roof in an olive green, I just haven't figured out how I wanted to do the rest of the building. I like how it looks with the roof colors and window design. I'm not sure how well it works with the med nougat color though.

I tried several colors (dark brown, dark green, reddish brown, black) but in the end olive green convinced me the most, even though I also still feel not 100% satisfied with it. I think it's mainly because from the front every level has a different color and it looks a bit like a birthday cake. On the backside I'm happy with the result. I think the front may look better if I had 4 levels instead of 3 and two levels with medium dark flesh. Maybe some day I will enlarge all my modulars by one extra level.

Do you keep all of these buildings together or take them apart to build new buildings? It'd be interesting to see your street.

I keep them all together and order new bricks for every new modular. Due to space problems I can not display all of them together at the same time so it currently looks like this:

modulars_september_2015.jpg

Last time I had all lined up was before I built the tailor. It looked like this back then:

Pizzaparlor_27_t.JPG

Really nice modular building! I like that it's possible to go up to the balcony from the street and then go further to the highest floor! :classic: The interior is cool, too!

Wonderful building!

I like the whole atmosphere of the building and especially the design of the ground floor.

:thumbup:

Very interesting seeing MOCs with Official Modulars. For some reason, with all of the 16 wides (or non 32 wides rather) your 32 wides seem wider, even though they aren't. They are just robust buildings.

I have a lot of modular ideas in my head, but I never get around to finishing them. I'm too cheap I think to buy new bricks for multiple MOCs haha...

Keep up the good work.

This is really incredible, I'm building my own tailor shop and adjacent bookshop MOC at the moment so am very excited to see all your amazing details.

Very tasteful and stylish building, :thumbup: I especially love the colour combination of the facade. The RR would look good in front of this ... :wink:

All in all a very impressive building, peedeejay. Only thing that disturbs my eyes are the nougat and olive green colours, as TheLegoDr also pointed out earlier. Otherwise I think it is a beautiful building and fantastic interior. The place is full of details and live.

I guess my favourite part is the facade of the store, it is really well made, and has as 6ix says, "a London vibe".

Nice!

I love the interiors, especially for the tailor and the sewing level. Neat little design on the work lamps in the second level!

The bed in the upstairs apartment seems a bit short, though ;)

The exteriors have some nice details aswell, especially the reddish brown shop front is great! I also like the window design. The olive green roof looks really good, may have to do that sometime.

However, I also think it clashes slightly with the medium dark flesh facade. Also not really sure how I feel about the black trim lines in the facade. Feels a bit harsh next to the medium dark flesh. Dark Grey might have worked better here.

But anyway, great work! :classic:

Edited by RogerSmith