kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

The sealed bag had Slimer with his left arm assembled and no right arm. Believe me, I looked for it. It was not loose in the bag or stuck in another piece. I've already requested a replacement and the order is "In Process."

Did anyone else get two firepoles? I did, seems odd to get an extra one of those. I'm sure you don't use both.

Did anyone else get two firepoles? I did, seems odd to get an extra one of those. I'm sure you don't use both.

Yes, I received two as well.

In EVERY set with so many stickers, I'd sign that. Wouldn't be too much extra cost I suppose.

9F7C3165-1BA3-439C-A68B-8E5057F04FC9_zps98eciitm.jpg

Here's my custom slime blower build if any of you want to incorporate it in your Lego GB universe.

This is my version from a while back, along with Ecto-1A to go along with it

IMG_20160116_221218.jpg

slimeblower.jpg

Ecto1A_1.jpg

In EVERY set with so many stickers, I'd sign that. Wouldn't be too much extra cost I suppose.

I'm OK with the amount of stickers since there weren't any huge stickers like a UCS stand sticker or upcoming Batcave helipad duel huge stickers, but would have liked the ghostbuster logo tiles and firehouse in the very front to have been printed tiles especially since the Ecto 1 has printed logo pieces.

Ok so, I'm able to get this and I might soon, yet I think I COULD wait for Double VIP Points, is there one soon or is it only in October like always? I mean if I don't buy it then, I still get $15 which isn't bad.

Ok so, I'm able to get this and I might soon, yet I think I COULD wait for Double VIP Points, is there one soon or is it only in October like always? I mean if I don't buy it then, I still get $15 which isn't bad.

There is usually Double VIP Points in March.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Picked up and built the Ecto-1 today - really nice little build, which really whet my appetite for the Firehouse. Dimensions Venkman on Friday, then Firehouse next time it's double VIP points. Loving that Ghostbusters is a theme now.

There is usually Double VIP Points in March.

Oof, too long. I'll see if I can get this on Thursday.

The Dimensions pack is pretty cool - not only do you get PV with the "new" Bill Murray-like hair and printed arms, but you get a cool Ecto-1 build unique in its own right. This Ecto-1 WILL fit in the firehouse no problem!

I started playing the new "level" and it looks like it parallels the movie's story, so far so good. The movie audio transfer is very good, much better than the Jurassic Park audio transfer in the Lego Jurassic World game. The movie music is all there, just like it was in the 2009 Ghostbusters video game. The portal "open world" area lets you drive around NYC, and upon quick inspection has more references to Ghostbusters 2 than you were probably prepared for, but this is a good thing, right?

So what does this have to do with 75827? Well, the firehouse in these levels is real-world-built, not brick-built - so the firehouse-as-bricks is not in the game - but all the minifigs are! So, every time I drive around the corner to the firehouse or pass Dana in the hallway of a building it makes me want this set more and more.

My favorite feature of the Dimensions set is once you've completed the level and move to the hub world, it gives you the freedom to pick which Ghostbuster you want to be.

So what does this have to do with 75827? Well, the firehouse in these levels is real-world-built, not brick-built - so the firehouse-as-bricks is not in the game - but all the minifigs are! So, every time I drive around the corner to the firehouse or pass Dana in the hallway of a building it makes me want this set more and more.

That's to be expected. With the exception of the LEGO Movie world and a couple of micro-scale bonus areas in past games, the TT games' building and scenery are realistic. I do think it's interesting that we were shown Dana, the Library Ghost, and the Zombie Taxi Driver a while before we saw the set images.

I built mine over the course of a week, a couple bags each day. I am guessing you could do it in a day if you put your mind to it. I usually prefer to build larger sets spread over a few days, makes me feel like I am getting more bang for my buck :laugh:

The Dimensions pack is pretty cool - not only do you get PV with the "new" Bill Murray-like hair and printed arms, but you get a cool Ecto-1 build unique in its own right. This Ecto-1 WILL fit in the firehouse no problem!

Yeah - take that, complainers! The LEGO designers never stated "which" Ecto-1 would fit in the firehouse! :)

Geez...

It took me three and a half days. It goes pretty quickly despite the amount of pieces. They spread the pieces out quite a bit between bags. You'll have A LOT of extra small pieces left. Four or five extra whips that are used for the proton packs. And oddly an extra firepole. I'm still waiting on my replacement Slimer. Apparently they are backlogged on replacement piece orders in Denmark. My order has been "In Warehouse" for a week now.