kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

Huh?... Bricks get heavier when you put them together?... :wink:

I wouldn't trust that box to hold it built.

I do, 3. I also work at an elementry school that has LEGO in most classrooms, not one whole minifig in the place!

But back on topic, I'm still in love with this set, though I do have plans to make it "better". Not sure when I'll be able to do it since just buying it took a BUNCH of my LEGO budget...

I expect my son to give the one armed Slimer a minifigure arm or something weird. His LEGO table I call his mad scientist lab.

That would have been cute, but the matter stands that none of the ghosts in the film(s) look like that. They're either more humanoid (like the librarian) or more abstract (like Slimer and the pink and blue ghosts.) A reference to the classic ghost in a newspaper clipping or a textbook would have been neat, though.

Updates to my GBHQ thanks to Bricklink:

Double corrugated panel garage door

5E34400E-A1C8-4E49-BC02-939A9A11FE3F_zpszpitq7xw.jpg

Locker for Winston and a few added bits and pieces

0A4F1730-FA50-4D99-9AC7-3E21B5A72376_zpseb37mpyc.jpg

Fourth bed

3D4CFD58-68E7-433D-9799-33D8BFD60904_zpsdoeoeoyl.jpg

Six LBG swivel bricks on back wall

D44A3391-4341-47F6-93B3-A1F191A692A0_zpsisnjvodb.jpg

Edited by Brick Moranis

Is anybody else having trouble with the front of the roof not resting flush? A gap is developing on mine and I can't figure out why.

Is anybody else having trouble with the front of the roof not resting flush? A gap is developing on mine and I can't figure out why.

It's probably caused by very minor bowing on the long plates that the roof is comprised of. I added a couple additional smooth tiles with the single stud in the middle and it made mine sit flush.

As a purist.... that double corrugated door MOD makes me cringe as the door within a door was shown being used by Sigourney Weaver's character when she first visited the firehouse HQ.

It's probably caused by very minor bowing on the long plates that the roof is comprised of. I added a couple additional smooth tiles with the single stud in the middle and it made mine sit flush.

As a purist.... that double corrugated door MOD makes me cringe as the door within a door was shown being used by Sigourney Weaver's character when she first visited the firehouse HQ.

The doors also open outward. I'll be addressing this when I mod mine...

But in the movies both garage doors had walk through doors. I bought an extra to make it that way, but I don't like that the small doors have the 4 small windows cut out. If Lego ever produces a 1x4x6 door in black with no windows, I'll probably go back to the double walk through doors. I was not able to find any through Bricklink.

908797C5-E6C5-46B4-8F3B-3400C8A437F7_zpsglcffvuu.jpg

Edited by Brick Moranis

Thanks for the advice! I swapped the single stud 2 x 2 tiles and the 2 x 2 tiles from the center beam and moved the 2 x 4 tiles from the front. That helped a little.

Mixel attack!

6080FBFC-261D-4000-AFEB-93583933C546_zpsdmyk6fti.jpg

It's good to know that more people are having the bowing problem with the roof besides me.

Edited by JPN366

While I appreciate the free replacement Slimer and free shipping, I'd really LOVE a tracking number. Sorry to vent...

Not sure if this is really appropriate to post here, but I thought there'd be a lot of GB fans here who might like to know there's a neat t-shirt featured today on teefury. It's not that often I see GB geek junk.

A question to those who have the set: Does this fit into a standard Ikea Detolf Cabinet?

My frustration continues... it has been the 10 business days maximum to receive my replacement Slimer and I haven't gotten it. I called customer support and they said it should have been here. They're sending me another one and told me to keep the first one if I get it. The problem I have is that my address is exactly the same as another house a few streets over, the only difference is the words "Cove" and "Circle." Which are abbreviated "Cv" and "Cir." I have received small packages for the other address before and a book I ordered two years ago never arrived and I had to order it again.

My frustration continues... it has been the 10 business days maximum to receive my replacement Slimer and I haven't gotten it. I called customer support and they said it should have been here. They're sending me another one and told me to keep the first one if I get it. The problem I have is that my address is exactly the same as another house a few streets over, the only difference is the words "Cove" and "Circle." Which are abbreviated "Cv" and "Cir." I have received small packages for the other address before and a book I ordered two years ago never arrived and I had to order it again.

Maybe you should go there first? Especially if it's a few streets over.

Maybe you should go there first? Especially if it's a few streets over.

I left them a note on their door.

The problem I have is that my address is exactly the same as another house a few streets over, the only difference is the words "Cove" and "Circle." Which are abbreviated "Cv" and "Cir." I have received small packages for the other address before and a book I ordered two years ago never arrived and I had to order it again.

I sometimes get mail from the same house number in the street next to mine... but both streets have completely different unrelated names :D So I just go put their mail in their mailbox when it happens, hoping they do the same if the reverse situation happens :)

Edited by antp

I sometimes get mail from the same house number in the street next to mine... but both streets have completely different unrelated names :D So I just go put their mail in their mailbox when it happens, hoping they do the same if the reverse situation happens :)

The second one shipped, fingers crossed that I get it this time. The customer service rep I talked to changed the address on my VIP account and spelled out "Cove," so maybe that will help.

The second one shipped, fingers crossed that I get it this time. The customer service rep I talked to changed the address on my VIP account and spelled out "Cove," so maybe that will help.

You'll have to snap a picture of your Slimer army when you have all three of them together.

You'll have to snap a picture of your Slimer army when you have all three of them together.

I doubt I'll ever get the first one. Even the customer service people said it was WAY late arriving.

I doubt I'll ever get the first one. Even the customer service people said it was WAY late arriving.

You did get the first one; he was missing an arm. That's how this all started!

You did get the first one; he was missing an arm. That's how this all started!

I doubt I'll ever get the first replacement Slimer.

Edited by JPN366