kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

3 and a half hours later, first floor done. Holy moly, sooo many bags! I expected 4 white boxes and ended up with 2, which was cool.

Tomorrow is floor 2, and Sunday is floor 3! This set is pretty fun so far. The repetitiveness hasn't really bothered me. :sweet:

Just added this to my City, thought it was a great build and really excited about how it looks finished (not too out of scale with modulars i think):

http://23911921124_72d3fa37a0_z.jpgUntitled by PastVPresent, on Flickr

Looks great love how you have your sets on display makes me want the car sets you have too lol.

And I just realised that is an underground station under your modulars love that idea might need to steal it.

Edited by JonnyYeti

I have just finished the first floor of my LDD 75827 build. Few things I have noticed, it looks like the piece that holds on Mr. Tully's helmet is metallic, or dull metallic any how, and is not in LDD. I will be getting my set next month and try to always build large sets in digital first. The other issue I had was connecting a 2x2 plate to the top of that same piece atop of the lamp post. I am using a round 2x2 plate instead. I will modify this LDD when done to fix the front door so that both Ecto and Ecto 1a fit inside, I am also going to build the some six floor building next door to NYC ladder 8.

Looking at S15 of the minifigures, I was wondering if a Vigo figure might use the Wrestling Champion's. While the texture is a bit rougher, the mullet style is accurate and seems like the closest to perfect option.

Finished mine the other day. Was missing one of the big 2 x 14 plates so my roof is not totally complete. Had to bricklink some stuff anyway so just bougt one since it was like 10 cents. Added an orange stud to the pool table to cover the one exposed stud. Replaced the blue technic pin at the top of the fire pole with a black one.

Stickers are not too bad, just wish the Logo was printed. Overall amazing set and have very few complaints. A +

Edited by Bustajesse

And I just realised that is an underground station under your modulars love that idea might need to steal it.

Thanks JonnyYeti, I built the underground part for the subway a while ago but am realizing now it could make it easy to add a basement/containment level to GBHQ - would be great to see pics if you end up doing something like it!

Ive had this set built up for about a week or so now and I do love it. I see new things everytime I look at it. Best bit of Lego in a while I think content wise

Debating between this and the Parisian restaurant... Is this a clear winner? I think the greebling detail on the restaurant makes it more shelf worthy and a must have but the firehouse looks simply massive.

Both.

LOL, that is the response I expected to hear and also dreaded to hear. Guess I better save up!

The zombie tax driver is super stoked about the upcoming spiderman web warriors bridge duel set.

Honestly that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the set. :laugh: I was surprised to find out Lego doesn't make many taxis. Now I'll have one for him to drive around.

My replacement Slimer finally shipped. Now I wait... again.

Yay!

EDIT: Can I have your' defective Slimer?

Edited by Actor Builder

Mine arrived yesterday, but we are moving in two weeks so I cant open it and build it till we are in the new house :(

What if you build it, then put in back in the box? ;)

Yay!

EDIT: Can I have your' defective Slimer?

It only has one arm. Plus, I promised it to my 6 year old son, so I cannot take that back.

What if you build it, then put in back in the box? ;)

That box wouldn't hold it built, it's so heavy!

It'd better have a firefighter's pole!

It will have 2 firepoles.

Not to mention he'll most likely remove the remaining arm anyhow!

You must have children.

You must have children.

I do, 3. I also work at an elementry school that has LEGO in most classrooms, not one whole minifig in the place!

But back on topic, I'm still in love with this set, though I do have plans to make it "better". Not sure when I'll be able to do it since just buying it took a BUNCH of my LEGO budget...

That box wouldn't hold it built, it's so heavy!

Huh?... Bricks get heavier when you put them together?... :wink: