kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

Really? In one of ukrainian internet Lego shops it is already out. :look:

Hmm, not sure what to say on that. But I'm from NA and when looking on the official LEGO Shop site, it says January 1st.

I would think LEGO would release it simultaneously across different regions, but maybe not?

Any word yet on whether or not this set will go on sale early for VIP members?

I've heard that it won't be. It will release the same for everyone on January 1st.

I've heard that it won't be. It will release the same for everyone on January 1st.

January 1st is literally the worst date for D2C releases. The Lego S@H website broke this year when the Star Wars Slave 1 and Detectives Office modular were simultaneously released on Jan 1 and it wasn't fixed for days. I expect it will do the same this time around with the Jan 1 release of Ghostbusters HQ and Brick Bank, two highly anticipated sets.

Will this be at LEGO Stores, too? Or is it just S@H?

I've never heard of a big set like this being at S@H without being at the stores, but given the box size they might only stock a few at a time.

I've never heard of a big set like this being at S@H without being at the stores, but given the box size they might only stock a few at a time.

What my store does, for sets like this and the Death Star, is stock one empty box on shelves, so people can look at all the features and then they have lots in storage

January 1st is literally the worst date for D2C releases. The Lego S@H website broke this year when the Star Wars Slave 1 and Detectives Office modular were simultaneously released on Jan 1 and it wasn't fixed for days. I expect it will do the same this time around with the Jan 1 release of Ghostbusters HQ and Brick Bank, two highly anticipated sets.

Honestly, I’m not a big fan of S@H, anyways. It is buggy, and with you what you indicated on it potentially crashing, makes me want to stay away from it for the GBHQ.

What I will probably do is drive over to my local LEGO store and pick it up when the store opens. I don’t think it will sell out that fast, considering on how expensive it is.

You can probably also call the store and have them hold one for you. I find this useful when driving from Fort Worth to the Dallas store.

Yes, that is what I will probably end up doing, calling them first and having them hold one. That is what I did when purchasing the Death Star.

What my store does, for sets like this and the Death Star, is stock one empty box on shelves, so people can look at all the features and then they have lots in storage

Yes, the large boxes are quite heavy, and given this has 700 more pieces or so than the Death Star, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this.

Surely the shops will be closed on the 1st, probably have to pop in on the 2nd.

Actually, I called my local LEGO store and they said they will be open. I assume it will be the same with the other LEGO stores, as well.

I know the store in Liverpool is only closed on Christmas Day. Jan 1st is Sunday trading hours but definitely open.

Yeah, in my area a couple of smaller businesses might be closed on New Year's Day, but most stuff will be open for business, including the mall with the LEGO store in it nearest me.

Yep,most places by me wI'll be open on the 1st. The only time places will close will be in the evening of the 31st until the morning of the 1st.

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone's seen this, but there's a speed build of this amazing set on youtube which shows some great close-ups of the rooms!

It looks really great!

Thanks

Gaz

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone's seen this, but there's a speed build of this amazing set on youtube which shows some great close-ups of the rooms!

Thanks! That looks better and better each time I see it! Exceptional work on the designer's part.